Accidentally on Purpose: Jenna Elfman Hoping for Season Two

Accidentally on PurposeJenna Elfman’s CBS sitcom, Accidentally on Purpose, completed its freshman season last week and she and the rest of the cast (Jon Foster, Lennon Parham, Grant Show, Nicolas Wright, Ashley Jensen, and Pooch Hall) are anxiously waiting to hear if the TV show will be renewed or cancelled.

The CBS series has been a joy for the veteran sitcom actress to do and Elfman recently told FOX News “The more people watch, the better our chances are at getting a second season, which I really hope we get, because I really enjoy doing the show.”

Unfortunately, the show’s prospects don’t look very good at this point. The ratings weren’t as high as the network wanted and even last week’s finale didn’t bring high ratings. It brought in a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demo and just 5.23 million viewers. Unfortunately, that’s a new ratings low for Accidentally on Purpose and CBS has other promising sitcoms waiting in the wings.

TV show supportIf Accidentally on Purpose is somehow lucky enough to escape cancellation, Elfman is looking forward to seeing how Billie and Zack handle parenthood together.

A mother of two, she told ET, “I think it is going to be hilarious to see this couple as parents. They are like two different generations. Parenting raises some amazing issues. My husband and I have been together 18 years. We hit new levels of conflict and dilemma and love. Everything that a relationship has magnifies when you bring a child into it.”

What do you think? Would you like to see how they handle parenthood or was the finale a good way to end Accidentally on Purpose?

Stephanie April 16, 2012 at 8:45 pm

This was not given a chance, please bring it back

Stacole April 16, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I would love more than two seasons, Accidentally on Purpose is witty and brilliant……Give us some more

AccidentallyOnPurposeLuvr April 3, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I watched them all on netflix, but i got hooked and i REALLY want to see more! I wana know wat happens to Billie, Zack, and most of all Henry. I also want to know if it is gona go anywhere with Olivia and Davis!!!!!

Diane March 15, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I don’t have cable. I watched this series on Netflix. I didn’t like the beginning. My husband is 9 yrs younger than me and I thought it made older, independent women look slutty. I thought it made young men look equally slutty. Like neither had values. I only watched a few minutes of each episode until Christmas when they admit they love each other. After that, I enjoyed it a lot. I would love to see how they raise a child together. It hasn’t worked so well with us. I hope they can keep the love alive between them. Values definitely count for me.

karim February 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I vote for season 2. This show is fantastic.

sky February 10, 2012 at 12:21 am

I never seen like the show on tv but i watch it all the time on netflix and i love it and i think that they should advertise more its a really funny show and i love Davis and i would love to see a season 2

Yvette February 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm

My daughter and I absolutely loved the first season of “Accidentally on Purpose” and we would definitely love to see a second season.

Steve January 22, 2012 at 12:50 pm

A didn’t know the show existed untill net flix.. very good show… so a second season for sure yes yes

Claudia January 15, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I watching on Netflix and the show is hilarious, should be a 2nd season

Charley January 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I didn’t watch the show when it was on CBS (I’m sorry), but I’m currently watching it on Net Flix and I LOVE IT!! Elfman is hilarious and Foster is Sexy!! Looking forward to season 2 and this time, I’ll watch it on CBS.

Katie December 31, 2011 at 11:32 am

Look people i wat hed the whole first season im 11 years old that proves that even kids love this show yes im angry that you are not making another season because you left the viewers hanging with no second season it’s not just me who’s mad all my friends are mad to you cant just make one season and cancel the show i mean like that’s creating computers and then saying people can’t use them i mean like i am very angry and if you don’t make another season i don’t know what i will watch with my friend’s ! I am very angry and unless you people make a second season i will never ever watch your company’s TV series again, same with my friend’s. That will sure drop you viewers by a lot. And yes i am black mailing you !

Amanda December 24, 2011 at 1:04 am

THERE HAS TO BE A SEASON 2!!! This is my new FAVORITE show! It was SO funny and addicting and the season was so short I finished it in under a week! I would love to see how they do as parents and if Olivia and Davis get together and whatever happens to James!

Courtney December 11, 2011 at 5:45 pm

there should definitely be a season 2! i lovvvveeeddd season 1! it was so funny and addicting!

Rica November 25, 2011 at 1:16 am

I just watched Season 1 and I loved this show. All the characters are unique and would love to see Billie and Zack as parents. Please make a Season 2!

lynzi September 7, 2011 at 2:09 pm

i would love a season two. i would love to see how Billie and Zack get on being parents ! plz let us have seadon two ?? x