Betrayal: Has It Been Cancelled? Will There Be Season Two?

Betrayal canceled? season two?ABC has been searching for a ratings hit to fill the Sundays at 10pm timeslot. Turns out that Betrayal isn’t that show but could it still return for a second season? Has it already been cancelled?

Betrayal revolves around professional photographer Sara (Hannah Ware) and top attorney Jack (Stuart Townsend) who, despite being married to other people, have a torrid affair. Things become even more complicated when Sara’s husband and Jack end up on the opposite sides of a murder trial. The rest of the cast includes Henry Thomas, Chris Johnson, Wendy Moniz, Braeden Lemasters, Elizabeth McLaughlin, and James Cromwell.

The series debuted in September and got off to a slow start with a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.16 million total viewers. The numbers got even worse in week two, dropping more than 24%. In week three, they dropped another 26%.

Should Betrayal be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In short, the ratings were awful but the network didn’t pull the series off the air and a rep even said that ABC was sticking with the show. Why? Likely because they’d already cancelled another new drama, Lucky 7, and fellow freshman Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was also tanking.

Though Betrayal’s ratings have leveled off, that doesn’t mean that ABC is any more satisfied with the numbers and there’s just no way that they’re bring it back for a second season. It’s still on the air because they didn’t have anything to take its place.

The network has released their plans for early 2014 and, to no surprise, Betrayal isn’t part of them. That’s not an outright cancellation but, realistically, there’s as much hope of this show coming back as there being a second season of Pan Am or GCB.

ABC has taken to calling Betrayal a limited series which wouldn’t have stopped them from making a second season had the ratings been stronger. Hopefully for the fans who have stuck with it, the show will end in a satisfying way and won’t not leave a bunch of unresolved storylines.

What do you think? Do you like Betrayal? Would you like to see a second season or does the show deserve to be cancelled? Why didn’t it catch on?

Frank Prisinzano January 14, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Please don’t cancel this show, my Wife and I think it’s great!

Nikki O January 14, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Sunday nights at 10 pm –A large majority of people go to bed at 10pm on Sundays because of work on Monday…but they do DVR the show…Stop cancelling the good shows.

JANET KOTROFI January 14, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Betrayal should not be cancelled as it is one of the best written and acted shows on TV.
Actors are believable, attractive and do a great job.

So refreshing to watch a show with a story plot that is true to reality. ABC would be making a huge mistake cancelling this show.

Anonymous January 14, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I would love to watch a 2nd Season of Betrayal, Don’t cancel this show! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!!! It’s a perfect story line. Sarah and Jack should stay a couple and allow their magical chemistry to continue!!!

Anonymous January 14, 2014 at 3:47 pm

love the show please dont cancelled it, every sunday i look forward to watch it.. love all the characters on the shows…. please please please dont cancelled it!!!!!!

Cindy January 14, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I LOVE this show! Really hoping it gets a chance at a second season, it’s better with ever new episode. Chris Johnson is a great actor and so are all the other cast members. Great storyline too!

Jennifer KUper January 14, 2014 at 3:18 pm

We need a second season. Please don’t cancel this show, give it a chance!

Gail January 14, 2014 at 2:56 pm

This is a great show, give it a chance, maybe ABC can advertise more like they did for Revenge. I can’t wait for Sunday’s to watch this show. Please don’t cancel it.

Alyson January 14, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Betrayal should stay. Perhaps trying a different night, or using in a season when there is no football might help the show. It took several episodes before it started getting really good, so viewers might have been lost by that time. But it has become a great show. Would love to see another season.

Samantha Rivera January 14, 2014 at 11:40 am

I absolutely love this show! I work nights so I can’t watch it when it originally airs, but I DVR it, and on Monday mornings I can’t wait to watch it. I am hooked! I hope they do another season and see how that goes. I know plenty of people who won’t watch the first season because of reasons like this. They watch the first season and then it’s canceled. Like me, they get upset because here you got into a really good show and the network goes and cancels it. It’s frustrating! Lol anyway here’s to hoping there will be a season 2!

Ashley Zampa January 14, 2014 at 11:03 am

Don’t cancel the TV Series Betrayal…..It’s so GOOD.

Amanda L. January 14, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I agree with Ashley, don’t cancel the Betrayal Series…it’s starting to get more intense as each episode airs! It’s a good show, and to cancel it now would leave unresolved/lingering “how can that be?…what about?” and so forth, issues.

enasv January 14, 2014 at 5:41 am

I luv this series. It shudnt b cancelled. It is really interesting.

Denise January 14, 2014 at 4:53 am

This show is excellent. I can not believe they are canceling it! I’ve always watched The Good Wife but this show is far more riveting than The Good Wife. Boo to the network if they cancel it!!!!!

Anonymous January 14, 2014 at 8:31 am

I totally agree.

billy January 14, 2014 at 12:32 pm

well at least one of the cheaters got shot,but we know shes not dead because we see her in an ambulance holding jacks hand.looks like jacks been one step ahead of everyone else from the start.his whole family are going to jail and he will just take drews.

Barbara January 14, 2014 at 3:59 am

Absolutely love this show! Please don’t cancel! It is amazing how some mindless sitcoms live on. It is a shame that a show of this caliber is on the probable casualty list. And this is why I don’t want to get interested in tv dramas. I invest my time in a series, get to like the characters and then it is pulled. I am finished with tv dramas!

Heather Gray January 14, 2014 at 3:49 am

I hope they don’t cancel it and it is good series to watch on Sundays. I hope they keep the same time-10pm. I like the show and i hope there is a second season, on.