Blood Ties

Blood TiesNetwork: Lifetime
Episodes: 22 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: March 11, 2007 — December 7, 2007
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Christina Cox, Dylan Neal, Kyle Schmid, Gina Holden, Fran├žoise Yip, Nimet Kanji, Keith Dallas, Eileen Pedde, Brad Turner, and Linda Sorenson.

TV show description:
Toronto-based private investigator Vicki Nelson (Christina Cox) left the police force when she began to lose her eyesight. She ends up partnering with mysterious Henry Fitzroy (Kyle Schmid) who turns out to be a 480-year-old vampire and the illegitimate son of Henry the VIII.

The two slowly become attracted to one another, a situation complicated by Vicki’s long-term relationship with her former police partner and boyfriend, Mike Celluci (Dylan Neal). Once she begins to get involved with Henry, Vicki’s casework slowly shifts from investigating fraud and spousal cheating to combating zombies, ghosts, and demons.

Coreen Fennel (Gina Holden) is hired as Vicki’s assistant in part because of her knowledge of the occult and to keep her quiet about Henry. Other characters include dour coroner Dr. Rajani Mohadevan (Nimet Kanji), sympathetic rookie detective Kate Lam (Francoise Yip), and Mike’s detective partner, philandering Dave Graham (Keith Dallas).

Canceled and renewed TV show

48 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Tina says

Blood ties is great show, love the chemistry between Vicki and Henry which got me interested in watching the show in the first place including the supernatural things that surrounds them and brought them closer. But I just read the lead in the series christina cox is going to be featuring in a new series.Happy for her, but not watching it. No more tv series for me. Sick of cancelation or maybe its not true but if it is, I’m not watching it. I’ll stick to movies that actually have endings ,hopefullly they’ll make a blood ties movie or mini series. I would definitly watch but as long as the original cast is in the movie

2. Silvia says

Please give us more blood ties. I enjoyed the show. Who need more reality tv shows. I’d rather have shows like Blood Ties.

3. Sue says

Come on US networks we’re out here crying out for more blood ties and less of the ‘reality TV’ or oh so boring and depressing soap operas that normally fill the TV schedules. PLEASE BRING BACK BLOOD TIES!!!!

4. Dale says

I read that they want to bring it back and a Canadian network already supports it but they need a US network too. Come on!!!

5. Jaycee says

I stumbled apon BloodTies on Foxtell here in Australia and I think it is a brilliant show. I have a keen interest in vampire movies and love to watch a good vampire tv series when one is available.
    BloodTies is the best series I have seen in a long time. The story lines are great with the mix of satanic rituals in a modern day setting, to the magic sexual tension that exists between Vicki & Henry. They (Kyle & Christina) work famously together and I love the little quips the two characters have between each other it always makes me laugh. PLEASE PLEASE bring it back, it has been the only bright spot in my week for months.

6. Yolanda says

Hi,

Please don’t take the show away. The show is the best. Please keep up the good work and let us keep watching our favorite show with another 3rd season.

humbirdsgordon

7. Beth says

I want another season. I just started watching this show last week and I am hooked! I cannot believe with Twilight (blah) and True Blood out that Blood Ties is not back. Such a greaaat show with amazing chemistry from the leads (kyle and christina).

8. Tina says

Blood ties is the best. They need a 3rd season, or make it into a movie because with series they just end it without warning and unexplained and with movies it has endings.Though of course series are longer,except the ones that are canceled of course

9. Anonymous says

blood ties is a great show.
    us fans want there to be a 3rd season.
    please let that happen for us.
    we love this show!