Breakout Kings: Cancelled; No Season Three

Breakout Kings no season 3A&E has cancelled their crime drama, Breakout Kings after two seasons and 23 episodes. It seems this case is closed.

Breakout Kings follows a squad of U.S. Marshals who make special deals with prisoners to catch escaped convicts. The cast includes Laz Alonso, Domenick Lombardozzi, Brooke Nevin, Malcolm Goodwin, Serinda Swan, and Jimmi Simpson.

The series debuted in March 2011 to a 1.2 rating in the demo with 2.8 million viewers. The ratings declined in later weeks and the first season finale drew a 0.8 rating with 2.01 million.

Should Breakout Kings have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

In March 2012, the second season debuted with a 0.8 rating with 2.11 million. In that episode, many viewers were shocked to see Alonso’s lead character Charlie abruptly killed off. Alonso later told fans that leaving the show was not his idea.

Over the course of season two, the ratings for Breakout Kings further declined, hitting a low of a 0.5 rating with 1.27 million. The finale aired last month and A&E has decided they don’t want a third season.

Of the cancellation, Malcolm Goodwin (Shea on the series) tweeted, “So Breakout Kings is canceled. Thx to all 4 the luv & support over the last 2 seasons! It’s been a fun experience! Much luv! On to the next.”

The news comes soon after co-creator Matt Olmstead was signed to run NBC’s new fireman drama, Chicago Fire.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Breakout Kings won’t be back for a third season? Did Alonso leaving the series influence your watching the series?

Candace July 31, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I started watching on a whim one night with my girlfriend cuz we were done another series we usually watch. I fell in love with it, got my mother hooked and then we watched the final episode of season two together. I don’t understand how shows like Honey Boo – boo survive and great shows like this and Firefly get cancelled. Just goes to show the intelligence level of our society. So frustrating

Jason July 25, 2014 at 7:50 am

I think the people who rated tis 0,5 etc, they maybe have seen one or two episodes, because when you’ve seen the whole two seasons, you will defenitaly rate tis 4-5 !!

Jason July 25, 2014 at 7:48 am

Breakout Kings was one of the best shows i’ve ever seen. I really really don’t understand why there’s no season 3. I guess there will never be a season 3 :(

David Metz July 15, 2014 at 11:52 pm

This was some of the best acting and most suspenseful show I have ever watched. I think the A&E executives need to be thrown off a roof. I believe if A&E had properly advertised the way they did with breaking bad, this show would have by far exceeded the viewing expectations!! A&E is making some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen! Cancel Duck Dynasty for a bullshit reason and when the public demanded it be put back on they did. It’s obvious they don’t know what the people want and have poor taste! I’m done being teased by these moron executives!

jeramey July 8, 2014 at 3:35 am

Damnn!!
I will admit the first season wasn’t too great. But season two had me hooked. Especially the ending of the last season. As soon as it gets good they take it down. What a shame…

Dan July 1, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Gutted pls do sumin bout this

rey July 1, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I loves all the shows…I really wish it did not cancel.

rolle June 24, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I was so upset about hearing that there is no 3rd season wake up? Best series i have ever seen seriously you should bring it back i am so heart broken that i would want to just hit my self a million times so please realize this is the best serie i will ever find and please one more season or more i will promise you there will be so many more wievers please i give my word and heart for this serie i beg you!<3 :'(

Doug June 1, 2014 at 9:49 pm

That’s messed up to end the show in a climax like Ray pushing Damien off the roof and the head brass offering the guys full pardons and no reply

Alp May 25, 2014 at 3:24 pm

The end of the season was terrible

Luke May 22, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I’m absolutely gutted that there isnt going to be a 3rd series… I want to know whether Erica Lloyd or Shea will hand in Ray, I hope not. Just wish there was a 3rd and what happens to the convicts afterwards. :(

dylan May 4, 2014 at 4:22 am

Ik vind het jammer dat er geen nieuwe seizoen 3 komt want dit was echt een onwijs leuke serie!!!!

Valerie fakkeldij May 2, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Breakout Kings is one of my perfect series .
I am from holland (The Netherlands) and there are not a lot of perfect series and it is to bat that there is no season 3 .
Please make season 3 the actors are doing there job perfectly .
Sorry but my english is not perfect but breakout Kings is.
Bye bye Valerie

Samantha Barry April 11, 2014 at 4:30 am

What do you mean no season three seriously this programme is excellent, I can’t believe it was ended in such a way….gutted…infant to know what happens next

Jade April 8, 2014 at 6:04 pm

There should be a season 3, i only started watching this the other day and have finished watching both seasons just now! I want to know if the cons are going to give ray in! I want to know what happens next. I was so hooked on this programme that seeing there is no season 3 ruined it