Buried Treasure: Won’t Be Back For Season Two

canceled buried treasure Tv show, no season 2It looks like the Keno brothers are done finding “buried treasure,” at least on FOX anyway. The network has dropped the short-lived non-scripted series after one season. Buried Treasure ran for four episodes last summer, from August 24th until September 14th.

The TV series follows two professional appraisers, Leigh and Leslie Keno, as they travel to people’s houses to inspect potentially rare and unusual items. The participants are often in need of cash and so episodes share their emotional journies as items are brought to auction and sold.

The Keno brothers are well known from their work on PBS’ Antiques Roadshow series.

Unfortunately, the non-scripted show certainly wasn’t a secret gold mine for the network. The premiere attracted a 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.67 million total viewers. It was in fourth place in its timeslot, beaten by a sitcom repeat and other reality fare. The final episode hit a low with a 0.8 rating and 2.80 million.

Over the four weeks, the show averaged just a 1.0 rating with 3.51 million viewers. The network chose not to bring the series back for a second season this summer or for the 2012-13 schedule.

What do you think? Did you enjoy watching Buried Treasure? Would you liked to have seen it come back for a second season?

geraldine November 2, 2013 at 4:52 pm

I found this show by accident, and was so excited because I have followed them for years also in Traditional Home mag. I have been watching Road show for years also their “Find”. I am so disappointed , Fox had a great show, sorry they didn’t keep it. Hopefully another network will pick it up.

James October 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Loved the show! Cannot believe it did not make it. Wow! The times I watched were very late at night. Perhaps no one was awake to watch!

Lois October 14, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Need to keep good shows on TV. Love these brothers.

Janet October 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Loved this show. Please bring it back – it is really great.

Lorraine October 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I just saw this show for the first time and I LOVE IT! I have always loved their enthusiasm for what they do. I hope the 4 shows are on demand so I can see them. Too bad.

Monica G. Short October 6, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Loved the show! Would really like to see it come back…The Keno brothers are knowledgeable and credible, as well as entertaining! I have enjoyed watching them educate TV land about the hidden value of what people think are ordinary things around the house.

Christina K. Ruggiero October 6, 2013 at 9:49 am

Fox did not give it a chance to catch on because I work all the time I had not known about this show otherwise my whole family is always treasure hunting shame on you fox but now I actually saw a show and wanted help with some of the art work I had accumulated. where do I find these two now you need to give them another chance otherwise you lost a good teaching show and we need more of this then foolishness

Annie Cappelli October 4, 2013 at 2:37 am

Justs caught the first one. Really enjoyed watching it. Bring it back!

steven c October 2, 2013 at 1:52 am

good show, like the brothers, they are very informative, too bad it got cancelled

Diane Langeveld September 22, 2013 at 1:22 am

Fascinating show. Not enough promo..just found it, after all this time. I will watch it every week. Also I have a 200 year old Upper Hudson Primitive painting and would like to have is appraised and sell it. Diane

Suzan Vrba August 18, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I loved this show. The Keno brothers are always interesting, informative and professional. Figures that Fox would cancel them because that isn’t what they market. I hope this show comes back on another network, because it is worth it. Frankly, Fox could drop half their current lineup and I wouldn’t even notice.

K. King September 6, 2012 at 7:31 pm

It is very unfortunate that Fox has chosen not to bring the show back. I watched and enjoyed all the episodes. Perhaps if the show had been advertised more or more episodes were made, other viewers would have been able to view and enjoy it. I will really miss this show!

Sarah shay May 31, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I really enjoyed this show! I hope another network picks it up. Would watch it every week!

ngoal May 20, 2012 at 1:50 pm

This was a good show on the wrong network. Would have been a good fit for PBS or discovery.

Jeremy Rynek May 20, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Seriously they decided to wait until now to cancel the show? I forgot the show even existed for 4 episodes. Just like with nbc axing minute to win it and the marriage ref, why wait so long?