Burn Notice: Creator Open to Spin-off or Reunion Movie

Burn Notice endsTonight marks the end of Burn Notice on USA Network. After 111 episodes and seven seasons, it’s time to say goodbye to Michael Westen — but it might not be forever.

In a recent interview with TheWrap, series creator Matt Nix says that he’s open to doing either a spin-off or a reunion movie of some kind.

He said, “I would love to do it… The door has been left open intentionally [in the finale], but nobody’s asked me to write a script. If the opportunity ever arose to do something like that I’d be thrilled.”

What do you think? Would you like to see Burn Notice return in some form one day?

jordan September 15, 2013 at 3:30 am

yes, they seriously should make a spin off.

Rob Fortin September 15, 2013 at 12:05 am

I would love a renewed Burn Notice and a movie. Ive never truley loved or been more emotionally involved with a show as much as have with Burn Notice. I already miss the show greatly. My grandpa and I loved it. Every Thursday we would always make sure we watched it. Unfortunatley he was unable to finish the last season with me because my family and I lost him to brain cancer on July 28th. But the show meant very much to him/ us and it would be great to see the show return with as many of the main characters as possible. It would be something really special. Sinceely one of the greatest Burn Notice Fans – Rob.

Tracy F September 14, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I agree with some of the other fans. This show debuted just after I lost my mom…and my mom loved Sharon Gless —and so the characters did become like family. I love them all so much and including Jesse, being a new member of the family, he fit right in.

Therefore, I must say — I feel the show ended too early. We would have liked to see Michael and Fiona progress into a true — functional couple.

I am” THUMBS UP” for a SPIN-OFF and definitely a movie…MATT NIX please bring the people we have grown to love — back to us…

Steve Davis September 14, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Absolutely! I think you should make a movie and a spin-off! I already miss the show.

Arlene Gallagher September 14, 2013 at 3:43 pm

YES! Loved the show and characters.

Gary Gilbert September 14, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Have watched the show since the very first episode and love it! Please bring it back or at least a Sam & Jesse spinoff. Don’t wait too long. Keep the excitement and momentum going!

Dorian Craig September 14, 2013 at 8:02 am

Love the characters and content, I will miss the show, I would love to see a spinn off

JOHN September 13, 2013 at 9:30 pm

THIS IS THE BEST SHOW OFFFFF ALLLLL TIME . PLEASE PEOPLE CONTINUE WITH THIS SHOW. The final episode was vvverryyyyy goooooood so all the fans a big favor and make another season or even a movie would be perfect. Just don’t stop with this show

Robert September 13, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I am SOOOO for a spin off. AND a movie. I loved this series. it was the best show that i’ve seen on tv and i’m sad to see it end. How can we make this happen guys? petitions? polls? HOW im in for anything!

Pamlea September 13, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I would love Burn Notice to come back !!!Its such an amazing show its different and that’s why is the best show on tv

Cassidy Quinn September 13, 2013 at 5:13 pm

My idea: Sam and Jesse spin off for a few years. Then, in maybe 2025, make a movie. About Charlie. About how he grew up, how the characters have changed. I’m going to write to Matt Nix telling him this :)

Derek September 13, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Really hope that a spin off or movie can come out of this!!! I loved this show and hate to see it over

Tiffany September 13, 2013 at 2:58 pm

i would TOTALLY love to see more! however it comes this show was satisfying and the end was all out fantastic! a movie picking up behind the series finale would be AWESOME!!! i say BIG SCREEN BIG SCREEN!!!!

richard September 13, 2013 at 2:27 pm

i am sad to see that burn notice has finished as it was an excellent show i never missed an episode even thought i’m from Scotland i watched it every week it was shown in America. i am going to miss watching burn notice and i hope they do a spin off show and a movie to it aswell

Chuck Lewis September 13, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Loved everything about the show. Always hate to see to see the end of an excellent series. The characters come to feel like family. My thanks to the entire cast & crew. I wish you all well and, if it’s in the cards, would love to see a reunion special.