Castle: Renewed for Seasons Six and Seven?

Castle renewed?While lots of shows are being cancelled, things are looking extra good for the cast and crew of Castle. According to Deadline, ABC is considering renewing the show for two more years — through season seven.

The ratings for season five are down when compared to season four. Currently the show’s averaging a 2.0 in the 18-49 demo with 10.18 million viewers vs last season’s 2.3 rating and 10.71 million.

Still, Castle is the network’s most-watched drama and is fifth in the demo (behind Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Scandal, and Revenge). Unless there was some problem with contracts, it was a shoe-in to be renewed for season six.

ABC will present their new 2013-14 schedule to advertisers next Tuesday morning but we should know about cancellations and renewals before that.

What do you think? Should ABC renew Castle for two years or should they take it one season at a time? Is the show still worth watching?

patti and joe May 10, 2013 at 2:43 am

we love the program we have been watching all the reruns on tnt…

Thomas Newman May 9, 2013 at 9:43 pm

YES! The show needs to keep going! The whole series needs to rapped up before there is an ending. The Case of Beckett’s mother which is not over, and the relationship between them needs to be rapped. CONCENTRATE on the main story line, her mother, the senator and who else is involved that is still alive. This is the series since the X-Files. A movie could always be made if the series is not renewed.

Carol May 9, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Love the show, watch re-runs after re-runs. Castle is so funny and charming. Keep the show going

Marilyn May 9, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Keep it going! I absolutely love Beckett and Castle — they make such a great couple!
I wouldn’t miss it.

Anonymous May 9, 2013 at 12:24 pm

It should have give more seasons at least it is a fantastic show that is well written and has a great cast and I think Nathan Fillion is gorgeous

Scott May 9, 2013 at 11:36 am

New to Castle through TNT reruns. Show is good to very good. But the TRUE draw is Stana Katic. Most beautiful woman on TV. Not even close.

Susan May 9, 2013 at 11:04 am

YES! YES! YES! They should renew for TWO MORE YRS! HECK ISAY FOREVER!!! absolutely LOVE this show.I have not missed an episode since day ONE! Castle is THE HOTTEST GUY ON TV:) writing is superb and it’s not gory or ‘X’ rated EVER! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Linda May 9, 2013 at 10:56 am

Yes renew it for at least two more years. It’s one of the best shows on TV.

bjmill May 9, 2013 at 5:07 am

Castle is by far the best show on tv!! It should definatly be renewed for at least 2 more seasons. If it were up to me I would renew it for 10 more seasons!! I am not a reader, but because of this show, I have read the whole Nikki Heat series and the Derick storm series. We LOVE Casket!!!!

Jeremy Rynek May 9, 2013 at 3:42 am

No, it shouldn’t be renewed for 2 seasons, it should be renewed for 5 more seasons. This is an excellent show, and I look forward to watching it every week.

Dannielle May 9, 2013 at 3:20 am

Heck yea Renee if for 2 more seasons!! This season wasn’t really a fair judge because it was on and off so much I never knew when it was gonna be on to watch

Tha Critic May 9, 2013 at 2:20 am

I just got into “Castle” due to re-runs on TNT. If I could go back to 2009, I’d watch this show from the beginning because of how great it is. Thanks to the humor, it’s not as dark and overbearing as other shows, even though it can be a little dark at times. But ABC should go ahead and renew it.

Anonymous May 9, 2013 at 1:39 am

Castle – Its a great show, I have my TV Channel Program for that show every Monday. I really love this show it keeps you on your toes, with the case. Don’t every cancel it or change any of the regulars, it won’t be the same. #1 great show in my remote. thanks again

kewitte1@msn.com May 8, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Two seasons. One of the best written and acted shows on tv.
Also moved around too much this season time slot!
A classic show that keeps things moving without the creepy, violent stuff we’ve been watching for years. Fun and still keeps you hanging cause Castle. And Beckett still have a long way to go in their relationship! A character based show a la NCIS rather than gore and violence

Anthony May 8, 2013 at 9:38 pm

It’s been a weak season, but they should certainly get at least another year.