Castle: Season Six Ratings

Castle TV show ratingsThe ratings for Castle have been coming down over the last couple seasons. Will they keep falling? Could the show end up being cancelled or is it almost sure to be renewed because of syndication profits? Stay tuned!

On Castle, Rick (Nathan Fillion) and Kate’s (Stana Katic) relationship continues to evolve while they continue to solve crimes. The show also features the talents of Susan Sullivan, Molly Quinn, Jon Huertas, Tamala Jones, Seamus Dever, and Penny Johnson Jerald.

5/8 update: Castle has been renewed for a seventh season.

5/13 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings in context.

For comparisons: The fifth season of Castle averaged a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.18 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Castle TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a seventh season?

Carol November 13, 2014 at 2:31 pm

I live in France and enjoy watching Castle. It is fun and I like the cast. I hope that it will go on for a few years more.

Vici Lee Crites November 11, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Please keep this show on. One of the best has action and comedy. Love the cast.Take one of the dumber shows off but not Castle.

Colleen October 27, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Please keep this going. It is the only show I watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to watch Me TV when Castle isn’t on. Please keep it ! They are just meant for each other.

Shay September 30, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Absolutely BEST show on TV – and the only show I watch other than cable news stations and some movies. Great cast!

PEG October 15, 2014 at 8:02 am

Absolutely WORST show on TV – BORING CAST! Take it off and leave the decent shows on for a change..

Sue September 20, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Castle is one of the very few shows I watch and record because most of what is on is so fake, stupid and mind numbing. Castle is entertaining and fun. Why is it they keep the, pardon the expression, crap, and get rid of the good ones? If they cancel Castle, that leaves only two non news programs for me to watch on a committed basis.

Carrie Gaspard September 2, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I agree with the other posts. Please do not cancel this show. It is very entertaining and both me and my 2 girls love to watch it. We are hooked on it. We even watch the reruns on TNT almost every afternoon after school and homework is done. This show has everything that we like in a show, comedy, drama, and it all works together. It is so very entertaining. Also the show “Bones” is the same way, so please don’t cancel either one of them.

Livus48 July 30, 2014 at 4:19 pm

The 6 season was good fun,lots of different twist an turns,having us on the edge of our chairs. This show deserve to continue for many seasons,because the writing is so so good,and there are lots of stories to be told. Both the cast and the crew is doing a stellar job
There ought to be a lot more publicity about this show,to make it even more known around the world,that it really deserve.

Bobo V. July 30, 2014 at 2:24 pm

This is a light hearted, easy to follow and can be very funny. Wonderful actors for great characters. Each show has a petty good plot and I love that old time slap stick comedy. When you consider other shows that are on, this one seems to have it all. Sometime funny. sometimes serious, all with a love story. Keep this one around we need more of them to get our minds off of all the other things going on.

Kay Besescheck July 11, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I hope Castle isn’t cancelled because I love this program, and the same with Bones. There are so few decent shows on t.v. now. Most shows are disgusting. I find these two shows very interesting, with a little of everything; suspense, romance, comedy, and they are not dirty.

Cynthia l woodcwarner June 23, 2014 at 8:46 pm

don’t you dare take Castle off the air. I look forward to this show every week and plan on purchasing the whole castle series. I will hunt you down like a dog if you take this show off the air. it is one of the few shows with quality left.

Castle's fan July 31, 2014 at 11:37 am

Take it easy ! The show already got renewed for season 7. Take a deep breath and it will do you good

Chris - PA June 15, 2014 at 11:27 am

This is one of the most entertaining shows on TV. It combines drama with romance , a truly excellent combination. I tell everyone about this show and they love it.
NEVER cancel it.

Liz June 10, 2014 at 12:08 am

I have just recently started watching Castle in re-runs on TNT. I hadn’t really known anything about it. I believe it needs more advertising and a different time slot on ABC. Please don’t cancel it. It has become my second favorite show on television. I wish I had discovered it earlier.

Judy June 4, 2014 at 6:01 pm

What is the brand and color of the lipstick that Kate Becket wears on the series? I am a fan and hope it’s not cancelled.

larry pettit June 3, 2014 at 11:34 am

My wife and LOVE this show. Please, please don’t cancel it.

darlene May 29, 2014 at 12:29 am

Think the shows that always get cancled are the ones that are good entertainment and people just want to watch reality shows they can watch other peoples missery I like this show and hope it don’t get the ax I’m tired of reality shows taking all the tv times I watch tv to. Be entertained if they take this off this and all the other ones I will stop watching tv