Charmed: CBS Considering a Halliwell Sister Reboot

Charmed reboot?Vulture reports that CBS is considering remaking Charmed. The original TV show was produced by Aaron Spelling and ran for eight seasons and 178 episodes on The WB.

Apparently Party of Five co-creator Chris Keyser and partner Syndey Sidner are co-writing the project. Those in the know consider it a “re-imagining” of the original Charmed series.

CBS TV Studios holds the rights to the Spelling library and is producing the project with the Tannenbaum Company. Thus far, the network has only asked for a pilot script so the project may or may not move beyond that point.

Revolving around a trio of sisters who discover that they’re witches, Charmed debuted in 1998 with Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, and Alyssa Milano as the leads. Doherty left after three seasons and her character was killed off. Rose McGowan joined the cast as a previously unknown sibling.

The reruns are still airing on TNT and WE. Last year, a Netflix report noted that Charmed is the service’s second most-binged program.

What do you think? Would you like to see a reboot or some sort of continuation of the original series? Do you think a new Charmed could work?

Richard February 23, 2015 at 10:30 pm

I would love to see a reboot of the series. I am still watching the old shows ver and ver. I never get tired of them. Also, now there are a lot more people interested and I am sure it would be a big hit.

mary February 4, 2015 at 1:33 pm

I still watch all the charm episodes and never get tired of them. I think that it would be just as popular as the old episodes. Yes please we need more Charmed. I hope they have the same people playing in the show if you decide to give it another try.

LAINYA BARAGGIOTTA February 3, 2015 at 4:59 pm

I definately think a reboot would be great we are huge fans and I honestly think you should follow through with seasons 9& 10 where shannam doraty comes back to help the sisters just like the book you published and carry it out with there kids a second generation

Kerr January 17, 2015 at 12:18 am

The reboot idea is a little off putting to me as Charmed was one of my favorite shows and I have every season on DVD. However a continuation of it would be awesome! I have been wanting it to continue for years an would love the oppertunity to see more of the story!

Campergirl January 15, 2015 at 1:04 pm

That show is still so active in re-runs, it maybe is too soon. What I WOULD like to see is maybe a series “Book of Shadows” chronicling the adventures of all the caretakers of the Book, and some of the history from Melinda Warren to Grams.

Melissa Dellinger January 14, 2015 at 11:42 am

Absolutely, I love the series! I agree with one of the girls above about a movie idea too. Both would be awesome!

whitney December 26, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I really would love it if they put my favorite show back on i still watch charmed everyday

Donna February 16, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I do too! I have the series and have watched it at least 10 times! :o)

Mansfield Joseph December 22, 2014 at 2:37 am

I would like to see charmed the new series rest soon as they come out have been watching it for a long time and keep watching it over and over I even record them all the time to see him again when I have the time so hurry up and reformatted everybody would like to see it as soon as possible. It’s one of the best shows in series of the time now and past

Jawanna November 8, 2014 at 4:01 am

I have seen the series twice ever last one and would like to see more

cindy parker October 27, 2014 at 6:59 pm

charmed is still my favorite show I have bought all the seasons and I would love it if they brought it back

mary cummins October 3, 2014 at 11:13 am

It would be nice, maybe a movie someday. . .

costance marbury October 2, 2014 at 6:58 am

I would love to see charmed again,starting with offsprings of the three sisters. Go for it! Im excited now!!

Jazz Spaded September 28, 2014 at 11:28 am

I think it’s a great idea

Anonymous October 2, 2014 at 6:50 am

I think they should go for it,i miss the charmed ones!