Dads: Seth Green TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Dads TV show on FOX canceledTo no surprise, FOX has cancelled Dads, their low-rated freshman sitcom. The comedy ran for 18 episodes, from September 2013 until February 2014.

Dads revolves around two successful video game developers (Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi) whose lives are turned upside down when their fathers (Martin Mull and Peter Riegeret) move in. The rest of the cast includes Brenda Song, Tonita Castro, and Vanessa Lachey.

Despite largely negative reviews, Dads started out strong in the ratings with a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.76 million total viewers. Those positive numbers didn’t last however and the ratings dropped more than 30% in week two — and they kept falling.

There won’t be a second season but at least all of the episodes were broadcast. The same can’t be said for Enlisted, another FOX comedy that has also been cancelled.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Dads has been dropped? Do you think it should have been given a second season?

EvangelineCross September 19, 2014 at 9:12 am

Lame….I was so looking forward to the second season of Dads…this show was freaking funny

Anonymous September 15, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I loved Dads. Keep looking for it to come back. I didn’t know it had been canceled. Bad move, Fox!!! Why do networks not give good shows a chance?

Dean September 13, 2014 at 5:03 pm

I can’t believe this. this show was hilarious, far better than Family Guy and the Simpsons. so many people f*cking hate glee, but FOX keeps that going, and when they finally make something good, they get rid of it. WTF?!

Tabby September 12, 2014 at 11:20 pm

It is a very big mistake to cancel “Dads”. It is such a fantastic show that I always looked forward to watching. It could instantly pull me out of a bad mood. I am probably gonna stop watching Fox altogether since all they seem to care about is keeping the stupid cartoon shows.

Laura September 7, 2014 at 11:07 am

I think this was a mistake. This show is so funny. My boyfriend and I watched it like no end. I will really miss this sitcom. Fox, you dont know what you cancel. Sucks…you cant keep a really good show and leave these lame ones still going. One reason I will not be watching fox much anymore.

phil H September 7, 2014 at 3:37 am

great shame why doesn’t some other network take it on.we are going to miss it

olympia September 6, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I am a 50 year old mom and I LOVE dads. The intro and music is all absolutely wrong and offputing. But the comedy and acting are brilliant. Seth, please market this show to somebody – netflix, fx, huluplus. Do not let it die.

atlanta September 6, 2014 at 5:07 am

I was gob smacked when I read this brilliantly funny show was cancelled What are fox thinking. BRING IT BACK

Brent September 3, 2014 at 7:44 am

The show was funny. Why don’t you cancel stupid shows like modern family

tracivoisine September 3, 2014 at 3:34 am

My family loved this show it was very very funny and we thought the whole cast did a great job it diffinitely should get another chance it would be missed