Dads: Seth Green TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Dads TV show on FOX canceledTo no surprise, FOX has cancelled Dads, their low-rated freshman sitcom. The comedy ran for 18 episodes, from September 2013 until February 2014.

Dads revolves around two successful video game developers (Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi) whose lives are turned upside down when their fathers (Martin Mull and Peter Riegeret) move in. The rest of the cast includes Brenda Song, Tonita Castro, and Vanessa Lachey.

Despite largely negative reviews, Dads started out strong in the ratings with a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.76 million total viewers. Those positive numbers didn’t last however and the ratings dropped more than 30% in week two — and they kept falling.

There won’t be a second season but at least all of the episodes were broadcast. The same can’t be said for Enlisted, another FOX comedy that has also been cancelled.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Dads has been dropped? Do you think it should have been given a second season?

Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I really liked it and I thought it was great!

Isaiah Johnson December 14, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Dad should be back on air Pronto that’s the only show that made me laugh and I like the cast I demand for it to be back on

Franz Moser December 3, 2014 at 6:01 pm

I am sad to see it go. It’s refreshing crudeness made it my kind of unpretentious fun.
We all know some of those characters!

Chino December 1, 2014 at 12:21 am

All this time I was waiting for the second season and they cancelled it wow you guys suck!!!

Anonymous December 1, 2014 at 12:20 am

Anonymous November 20, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Dads needs to be put back on

otto john November 18, 2014 at 3:47 am

Seriously? ??? Dads was canceled and Glee is on? Dude in FOX they must have bashed their heads. … Glee is suck and borrriiinnggg!!!! And yet the show still go on but you canceled Dads???? Dads is one of a hell funniest tv show ever, if FOX is to stupid to continue the series, then seth better sell it to another network and make it big there so FOX will eat their sh*t….

miranda asima November 18, 2014 at 3:14 am

I love watching dads… I wonder why there’s no commercial about this series. Once I watch it and I just can’t get it out of my head. It’s so ridiculousy funny, I love new girl but I love Dads more…. it is a sitcom about family that I LOVE after The Cosby Show…. if they just promote this series just like what they did with New Girl, I belive the rating will be high. Don’t stop this tv series, I really waited for their second season and third and fourth and etc episode….

miranda asima November 18, 2014 at 3:21 am

Oohhh and I forgot to tell you that I was shocked when I want to watch Dads but instead there’s Glee, and FYI it is a one bored movie, I just don’t like Glee at all

Shawn G. November 17, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Dad’s was my ABSOLUTE favorite comedy!!! Both my parents loved it and so did my 4 brothers and a bunch of my extended family! Even when I was sick and depressed I would laugh at this show when nothing else cheered me up. It was like no other and should NOT have been cancelled. It wasn’t promoted enough by FOX and I usually like fox. I’ve owned a marketing company and I can tell you that this show had MAJOR potential for many seasons if they would’ve renewed it! Most of my 1700 friends and associates on Facebook didn’t know about it because of promotion issues, but once they started watching they were hooked!!!! The problem is by the time they all started watching the season was over and Fox cancelled it. It was the ONE show that our family could relate to and it was very comparable to The Goldbergs, which is now the ONLY good relatable comedy left. We loved them both, but only one survived. I also LOVE New Girl and so does my family! Its not as relatable to us as a family, but it reminds me of me and my friends and it reminds my parents of the goofy crap we all used to do when younger. I really hope somehow FX or another channel picks up Dad’s because we LOVED it so much! It was ALWAYS a laugh out loud night and we miss it VERY MUCH!!! The chemistry of the actors was fantastic and the jokes were just out of line without being too offensive. Although we loved the episodes when they really went out of control. This made us laugh and come together every night it aired. At least we still have New Girl and especially The Goldbergs, which is my EXACT family except we are Italian! We filmed everything just like the guy who created the Goldbergs. Everytime we sit down to watch my Dad says that’s Shawn or that’s so and so. I always told my parents we should’ve done a show based around my family and The Goldbergs are damn close! Too bad I don’t have connections in TV because we could really have a killer show with the footage I have and all the memories from my parents, brothers, aunts, uncles and cousins!!! It would be The Goldbergs, mixed with “Dad’s”, “New Girl”, “Blackish”, “The Millers” and “Last Man Standing” all rolled into one CRAZY FUNNY ITALIAN family!!! If only I had the time and money it would be a reality. Maybe I should get with “The Family” and make a Pilot!!! Its worth the chance just to get everyone laughing again about old times and current situations still happening. I bet it would be a HUGE hit! Time to bring back “Dad’s” Italian style! LOL!