Dallas: Should the TNT Series Be Renewed for Season Three?

Dallas cancel or renewed for season 3?This evening, TNT airs the final two episodes of Dallas’ second season and, unlike the price of oil, the ratings have been down. Will the TV series return for a third season or will it be cancelled instead?

The new Dallas picks up several years after the original show ended. Time has passed but the Ewings and the Barnes are still at each others’ throats. And, though Larry Hagman passed away, there’s still plenty of drama at Southfork. The cast includes Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray, Josh Henderson, Jesse Metcalfe, Jordana Brewster, Julie Gonzalo, Brenda Strong, Mitch Pileggi, Emma Bell, Kuno Becker, and Judith Light.

Last season, the new Dallas was one of TNT’s most-watched dramas, averaging 4.42 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic.

This time around, the ratings weren’t so hot. The second season has averaged 2.64 million with a 0.8 demo rating. The numbers spiked for the JR Ewing funeral episode but they went back down the following week.

While the ratings admittedly haven’t been as strong this time around, Dallas is still TNT’s best performing show right now. Both Monday Mornings and Southland have only been averaging about 1.4 million viewers.

The cable channel also knows that the show is facing a lot more competition at this time of year — compared to when the first season aired last summer.

While TNT hasn’t cancelled or renewed Dallas yet, it seems very likely that the Ewings will return for another round of in-fighting and deception.

What do you think? Would you like to see Dallas return? Is the show as enjoyable as it once was? Should TNT move it back to summer?

Mary October 28, 2014 at 1:57 am

I love Dallas Please renew this show!! I look forward to watching it!!!

Karen Terrell October 27, 2014 at 10:50 am

I hope that Dallas returns for season 4. My husband and I look forward to this show each week, we never miss it. We record it each week just in case we get busy and forget to watch it. The show and cast is great. One of the good old fashion shows that most older people like myself look forward to watching.

Francie October 26, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I sincerely hope Dallas will return in 2015. My friends and I look forward to each episode.

We were distressed when in the season finale the car blew up with Christopher. Stop killing the good guys. They are an interga part of the plot and make viewers(such as myself) believe that good does trump evil, sometime!!!!!!

Keep the show on the airwaves.

Mary Anne Fiala October 24, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I really do think the new Dallas can be a steady place for entertainment. It doesn’t need to be rated R to be entertaining. Please let one of the other new shows be dropped like Marry Me or Mysteries of Laura. Thanks for considering my feelings.

giulo October 25, 2014 at 11:41 am

good show bering it back

giulo October 24, 2014 at 2:06 pm

I love dallas since it is very good

ANN Marie Ehhrmann, Ame October 19, 2014 at 2:40 pm

I love the show Dallas very much I never missed watching the old show and now the new show I like as much can’t wait until it will show new episodes on TNT.

AW October 16, 2014 at 4:27 am

Dallas is a good show. The storylines are as intriguing as the old show. The actor playing John Ross is certainly becoming as devious as his father JR (excellent). I don’t think this series has been promoted sufficiently. I certainly was not aware it had returned until a friend was talking about it. I Therefore have been using TV catch up. Does TV catch count towards viewing numbers?

Jumal October 14, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Please keep this show on but I’m sure Larry would agree let the audience have it bring JR BACK just do it a little different you know

John Kuzma October 13, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I agree that you should renew Dallas it is a good show