Dirty Sexy Money: Underwood Believes the ABC TV Show is Over

Blair UnderwoodWith sagging ratings for the sophomore year of Dirty Sexy Money, ABC hasn’t ordered any additional episodes of the drama. While it’s been widely reported that the TV show is finished, one of the stars recently encouraged fans not to give up a hope. Now, another star says that he’s hardly optimistic about the series’ future.

Dirty Sexy Money follows the travails of good-guy lawyer Nick George whose sole client is the very powerful and dysfunctional Darling clan. The TV show showcases the talents of performers like Peter Krause, Donald Sutherland, William Baldwin, Natalie Zea, Glenn Fitzgerald, Seth Gabel, Zoe McLellan, Jill Clayburgh, Blair Underwood, Will Shadley, Shawn Michael Patrick, Laura Margolis, Sheryl Lee, Samaire Armstrong, Candis Cayne, and Lucy Liu.

Though ABC hasn’t ordered any additional installments, Baldwin recently urged Money viewers not to give up hope just yet. He said, “Our show, they very specifically said, is not cancelled. They’re holding the actors, the sets, and I think that could be code for if some of their mid-seasons [shows] don’t do well, they’ll bring us back for the back nine or they’ll order something.”

Does Money still have a future?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Underwood isn’t quite so optimistic as his costar. A veteran of a few short-lived TV shows (LAX, City of Angels), the actor recently told E! Online. “As far as I’m concerned, we’re not doing any more shows.” He continued, “ABC officially doesn’t want to use the “C-word” — cancelled — but we’re not on the schedule. I would pretty much say we’re canceled.”

Unfortunately, there’s at least a grain of truth in what Underwood says. Though ABC hasn’t officially sealed the show’s fate, they haven’t announced plans to broadcast the rest of the completed episodes either. There are still three episodes waiting to be aired and the last one will finally uncover what happened to Nick’s father, Dutch.

Is the network holding onto them just in case ABC execs want to do a relaunch later or, more realistically, are they planning to leave them sitting on the shelf? Do you agree with Baldwin or Underwood? Does the TV show still have a chance or is it truly over?

Canceled and renewed TV show

42 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nancy says

Please do not canel the show. I love watching it. it is so much better than the other crap (reality shows) that is on tv now!!
    Bring back Dirty Sexy Money!!!!!!!

2. Veronica says

You just can’t cancel the show now. It was just getting good. Please bring it back to life.Try a re-launch and just see what happens. I think people are getting sick of all the reality shows and want a good drama back on the air. Looking forward to seeing the show soon!

3. Krystal says

I hadn’t even heard of this show till my friend bought Season 1 on DVD. It’s a phemonal show. Great cast. I don’t think ABC gave this show a chance. But at least put the unaired episodes on DVD so that we can enjoy.

4. emma says

bring this show back to life!!! I love it! You can’t just end a show like that with so many questions :( anyone know if there’s any last episod, to download thar really reveal where Nicks father is???? Since they said he’s alive in the last episode!

5. Dave says

I hope this show goes back on. I think its one of the better shows on ABC and they need to understand that people are fed up with all the reality shows….

6. Nykohl says

I really love this show. Even if they aren’t going to renew it for a third season, they least ABC could do is finish airing the episodes of season 2! I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to know what happened to Nick George’s father! Come on ABC! Stop holding us hostage!

7. Leanne says

I believe this show wasn’t given a fair shot because of the strike and the length of time for the following season to start. Not sure how it works but maybe another network could pick up Dirty Sexy Money. Missing this show!!!

8. Vanessa says

Hello, I’m spanish girl and I want to dirty sexy money to continue!!! please!!! here a lot of peole wants too!!!

9. Delynnie says

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW! IT IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!
    THE DARLINGS ROCK! I LOOK FORWARD TO THIS SHOW EVERY WEEK!
    THE CAST IS GREAT, THE STORY IS GREAT, IT IS VERY INTERESTING.
    WAY TOO MANY COPS AND DOCTOR SHOWS ON! WE NEED THIS SHOW
    SO PLEASE KEEP IT AND DO NOT CANCEL IT!

10. Cheryl says

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don’t cancel!!! This is the most interesting show on TV. I appreciate that it doesn’t fit any mold or formula that I’ve seen before. Great actors and a surprising story line is a great mix. Please reconsider keeping the show.

11. Viva says

One of the best shows on network television (and believe, me that’s rare), and ABC has to shelve it? What’s up with that? The show is well written, extremely well acted (so much to the point I’ve come to detest Blair Underwood), and it has sharp, subdued humor. Please, bring it back.

12. Wishy-Washy says

Doreen is so dead-on. “Dirty, Sexy Money” had a plot, and now it’s being canceled. “Arrested Development” met the same demise (it required an audience to have an attention-span [gasp]!), as did “Sports Night”. And yet “Seinfeld”, “Friends”, “The Hills”, and many other overrated pieces of **** survived near a decade. God, if I had the money and power I would buy those television networks (FOX, ABC, CBS, etc.) and fire the fucktards that make bogus calls.