Dracula: TV Show Cancelled by NBC; No Season Two

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?It seems that stakes and network executives can take a vampire down. NBC has cancelled the Dracula TV show after one season of 10 episodes.

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The show’s debut did respecatably for a Friday night show but dropped much lower in subsequent weeks. The first season averaged a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Hannibal and Dracula are both produced under a unique deal that costs the network much less than other original drama series. Hannibal’s license fee is set to go down for season three so the network ultimately decided to renew that show and cancel Dracula.

It seems like Dracula’s studios could still potentially produce a second season for another outlet but there hasn’t been any news of that thus far.

What do you think? Do you think Dracula should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Would you follow the series to another channel or pay to see a second season?

Lisa Hopson October 30, 2014 at 12:02 am

Loved this show. Love Jonathan Rhys Myers in this role. Would definitely keep watching this show on any network. This idea was great as a series.

Anonymous October 29, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I want season 2 or put it on another channel.

Anonymous October 28, 2014 at 4:44 pm

They should make season two. That yes I would watch on another network if I have two.

Carole October 28, 2014 at 11:57 am

I waited all for Draculas return. Extremely disappointed it has been cancelled! Johnathan Rhys Meyers was a big plus! Very erotic as well as the series! Please put the second season on, or find a network to pick up, and run it from the beggining.

Gigglez007 October 26, 2014 at 11:56 am

That’s b.s ..I wish you brought back this series..I loved sitting at home Friday nights,watching Dracula.i enjoy the acting and the costumes.I especially enjoyed Jonathan.yummy

Butch October 24, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Of course it was cancelled. It was way to good for network tv. It should have been shopped to a cable network. Network tv is run by lawyers and accountants that have no creative abilities. Those attributes ended in the 50’s.

Jess October 23, 2014 at 8:14 pm

I loved this show and hope it’s picked up by another network. Disappointed that it wasn’t renewed.

heather October 23, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I would definitely follow Dracula to another channel. Maybe they could put Dracula on Showtime,BBC America or another cable show.

Tia October 23, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I loved the show they need to figure out a way to put it back on. I would follow if they put it on another channel. Absolutely.

Delta October 21, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Yes, Dracula should be renewed, I would follow the show to another channel. I hope they will reconsider and renew it. I liked the show, and thought it was cast very well.

Sonia October 21, 2014 at 2:31 am

I am mad. I loved the show. When I finally find a show i really like then it is cancelled why is that. You should have gave it another season at least to see if ratings would have gone up. I know they would have. It’s never to late to get a second season on.

tracy hartman October 19, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I loved season one and have been anxiously awaiting season two. Looking at some of the shows that are on the air, Dracula definitely should be added. In addition, the movie Dracula Untold was excellent and would be a great segue for season two. If not NBC, then Sci-Fi should add it.