Dracula: TV Show Cancelled by NBC; No Season Two

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?It seems that stakes and network executives can take a vampire down. NBC has cancelled the Dracula TV show after one season of 10 episodes.

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The show’s debut did respecatably for a Friday night show but dropped much lower in subsequent weeks. The first season averaged a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Hannibal and Dracula are both produced under a unique deal that costs the network much less than other original drama series. Hannibal’s license fee is set to go down for season three so the network ultimately decided to renew that show and cancel Dracula.

It seems like Dracula’s studios could still potentially produce a second season for another outlet but there hasn’t been any news of that thus far.

What do you think? Do you think Dracula should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Would you follow the series to another channel or pay to see a second season?

David R @kcwave January 27, 2015 at 7:31 pm

NOOOOOO! Bring Dracula back! This was such a good show. Purtty peas!

Erica January 25, 2015 at 11:31 pm

Man, I loved this show!! Seriously, I find it really hard to believe that not enough people watched! Bring it back.

Earnest January 25, 2015 at 11:59 am

I’m in Abu Dahbi UAE and have become quite the fan of this particular adaptation of Dracula. I loved this show and am severely wounded by it’s loss. It was awsome. I would have watched it forever. It was an extremely refreshing take on the prince of darkness. Never should have been cancelled.

lenny January 24, 2015 at 2:54 am

Typical .. every-time there is a good show, where story line and characters are developing..
the show get cancelled.. NBC CEO’s need to be fired.

Lisa January 24, 2015 at 9:42 am

I agree completely with you. Hopefully enough people will get mad and stop watching their channel. Maybe they will see something they are doing is wrong.
hopefully another network will pic it up.

Kelly January 21, 2015 at 2:17 am

Can’t believe it was canceled seems to be happening to a lot of good shows lately every show i get into the first season then gets cut?! Totally sucks.

Tiffany January 20, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Bring it back, first show on NBC that I have watched. NBC are losers if they don’t renew Dracula. What else do you offer, nothing on this caliber. Wake up people. Hopefully another network will grab this excellent show and run with NBC’s loss.

Anonymous January 24, 2015 at 8:05 pm

I loved this show I’m so upset they are not renewing it for a second season. I agree they need to bring it back or hopefully it will get picked up by another network.
Christine

Anonymous January 27, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Man…I’m so upset this show has been canceled. I was waiting patiently for season two and have just found out there is no season two. NBC sucks