Dracula: TV Show Cancelled by NBC; No Season Two

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?It seems that stakes and network executives can take a vampire down. NBC has cancelled the Dracula TV show after one season of 10 episodes.

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The show’s debut did respecatably for a Friday night show but dropped much lower in subsequent weeks. The first season averaged a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Hannibal and Dracula are both produced under a unique deal that costs the network much less than other original drama series. Hannibal’s license fee is set to go down for season three so the network ultimately decided to renew that show and cancel Dracula.

It seems like Dracula’s studios could still potentially produce a second season for another outlet but there hasn’t been any news of that thus far.

What do you think? Do you think Dracula should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Would you follow the series to another channel or pay to see a second season?

Jesika March 2, 2015 at 11:34 am

I cannot BELIEVE they cancelled this show!!! It was my absolute
Favorite in years! I am SO angry! I’m dying for season 2…and 3,4,5,etcetera!

Vampire BILL February 26, 2015 at 7:28 pm

Dracula is the best show in decades. The people thinking about canceling ,need A lobotomy!!!!

Nane Pastor February 26, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Honestly, I loved Dracula.
I was actually in Budapest when they were filming by accident and I really really wish they would bring it back.
I know it won’t happen and it saddens me that good tv-shows die while other much worse ones thrive, I mean, how many years was jersey shore on air? It just isn’t fair.
The costumes on this show where beautiful and the story it portrayed had me rooting for dracula even when he went on a rampage. It would make me so happy if by some miracle it came back but I would be content with knowing what happened to Lucy since I always liked her and thought her so sweet. I would just like to know if she found some sort of happiness.
Anyway, yeah, I loved Dracula, and I’m pretty sure I wasn’t the only one. It certainly beats Twilight, by a long shot.

Luize Lui February 25, 2015 at 7:58 am

BRING IT BACK!!
READY FOR SEASON 2!!!

susanne suprik February 25, 2015 at 5:59 am

loved the show, would pay to watch it

Dr. Erin Shuart Rondeau February 24, 2015 at 8:51 pm

I am so disappointed, that NBC canceled Dracula! I hate NBC, but Love Grimm and Dracula! Johnathan Ryse Myers and Silas Weir Mitchel are true masters of their craft! These shows have not just entertained me, but have been able to transport me from my hectic and stressful life to a world of adventure, mystery and pure happiness. Silas’s character is the man you want to be with and he always gets the best lines…or maybe he just delivers them the best! Johnathan is…the bad boy-you know you should run from, but can’t seem to stop yourself from running to! Dracula is the perfect role for him- you’ve got to admit…at least he knows which character roles he can deliver and deliver- big! Jonathan was amazing as King Henry- which is crazy perfect, playing a man we are suppose to hate, but find yourself wondering what you actually would have done- because resisting him…as with Dracula…Jonathan makes it seem nearly impossible that, well I personally, could have resisted his charms…as sick as that sounds knowing how horribly dark the character roles he has chosen. I WOULD DEFINITELY PAY TO SEE DRACULA AND THE TUTORS CONTINUED WITH JONATHAN!!!! PLEASE BRING BACK DRACULA NBC, I LOVE GRIMM, BUT BRING BACK DRACULA AND I WOULD LOVE NBC!!!!!!!!!

sharon aiken February 24, 2015 at 3:21 pm

I am still hopeful that the show will be picked up by another network…I so enjoyed it.