Dracula: TV Show Cancelled by NBC; No Season Two

Dracula TV show: cancel or keep?It seems that stakes and network executives can take a vampire down. NBC has cancelled the Dracula TV show after one season of 10 episodes.

NBC’s Dracula is a retelling of the classic Bram Stoker story. In London, Dracula (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) is posing as an American entrepreneur while he seeks revenge on those who cursed him. He doesn’t count on falling in love with a woman (Jessica De Gouw) who looks just like his deceased wife. Others in the cast include Thomas Kretschmann, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Smurfit, Katie McGrath, and Nonso Anozie.

The show’s debut did respecatably for a Friday night show but dropped much lower in subsequent weeks. The first season averaged a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.25 million total viewers.

Hannibal and Dracula are both produced under a unique deal that costs the network much less than other original drama series. Hannibal’s license fee is set to go down for season three so the network ultimately decided to renew that show and cancel Dracula.

It seems like Dracula’s studios could still potentially produce a second season for another outlet but there hasn’t been any news of that thus far.

What do you think? Do you think Dracula should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season? Would you follow the series to another channel or pay to see a second season?

Amanda September 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back this show. I never knew this series existed until a month ago. Since then, I have introduced several of my friends to the show and now we are all addicted. Please bring this series back so we can watch tv again.

Jill September 19, 2014 at 11:08 am

Please bring this show back!!! I looked forward to watching this and want to know what happens next! I would watch on another network or pay to watch.. anything!!!

Elle September 19, 2014 at 3:05 am

Please put this show back on NBC, come on seriously… you’d all be horrible not to. The show was amazing and kept you on the edge of your seat and looking forward to the next week episode after episode. I’d be extremely disappointed if all this talk about no second season would be true!

dido13 September 18, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Ok NBC, you see how many people want this show to stay, so time to sit down and think about this. Exactly who were you polling ? Listen to your viewers, so many of us loved this show and we want it back, why are you keeping the garbage ? Anyone think that NBC takes a look at any of our messages ? Sure would be nice to get an answer on why they would take a show off the air that people really love and enjoy and want it back ! HELLO, NBC , YOU THERE ?

Angie September 18, 2014 at 12:43 pm

I would follow the show to any channel I don’t care it was great loved every second of it.. I wish that another channel would pick it up I really wanna see more

Debra September 17, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Yes I would pay to see the show !!!! With no hesitation !!!! I will miss the show.

Debra September 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I so enjoyed the show!!! Please bring it back awesome story line. I loved the cast, and the writers !!!! What will happen with Mina and Alexander love??? I would pay to watch the show ????

Brittany September 17, 2014 at 9:19 am

I love the show and would follow it to any channel. I didn’t miss an episode. Johnathan is an addictive Dracula. Great show.

Fatima moon September 16, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I love that show. Please bring it back!

noelle September 15, 2014 at 9:31 pm

wow….good job NBC. Finally a show that was worth staying up for and you go and cancel it… unbelieveable