Friday Night Lights: Gilford, Kitsch, Porter, and Palicki Returning for Final Episodes

Friday Night LightsSome familiar faces are returning to Dillon, Texas for the final episodes of the fifth and (by all indications) final season of Friday Night Lights.

EW’s Ausiello is reporting that Tim (Taylor Kitsch), Tyra (Adrianne Palicki), Matt (Zack Gilford), and Jason (Scott Porter) will be returning to their old stomping grounds for the show’s swan song.

No word on when in the season Kitsch will appear but Palicki has agreed to appear in the last two episodes of Friday Night Lights. Porter will appear in episode seven of season five and word is that Jesse Plemens (as Landry) is in discussions to return as well.

Meanwhile, Gilford will appear in four episodes — two mid-season and the final pair. When asked if he believes the show is ending with season five, Gilford said, “To my knowledge, it’s pretty much done and they’re writing an ending to the show. I know a lot of people were not satisfied with the Lost finale — I personally loved it — but I think it’s nice when they can write towards a [series finale]. If you have a finite amount of episodes then you can come up with a satisfying ending.”

TV show supportSeason five is scheduled to begin airing on DirecTV on October 28th. It will likely air on NBC early next year.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to seeing the characters return? Who else would you like to see come back?

Debra Block July 8, 2011 at 10:26 pm

My boyfriend and I live for this wonderful drama. I cried when Tyra came to the bar to surprise Tim, and when Matt surprised his grandmother with a homecoming.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS SHOW OFF THE AIR!! There is so much storyline that could continue to be developed. Matt and Julie’s future. Tyra is back!
I hope Lyla Garrity returns for the finale, as well as Smash and the actor who played the injured football player. Season 1 and 2 were the best and season 5 is getting better and better. To pull the plug now is unfair. KEEP THE SHOW ON!!

Diane Neely February 6, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I hate to see this show end. It is so entertaining and so easy to relate to. One of my favorite TV series of all times. I hope that a SEASON 6 is being considered. I am a HUGE fan!!!!

Bill Ferrarini January 14, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Not much to add simply the best written show on t.v. evolving characters and storyline trasitioned from one cast of characters to another seamlessly can’t believe this show being cancelled with all the gabage thats currently on. woulg like to see Smash and Lila back along with the others already committed.

ethan konicek January 3, 2011 at 3:48 pm

keep the show on. bring smash

Jan Woodard October 13, 2010 at 9:06 pm

This has got to be one of the very best show on TV for family and a bunch of highschool kids to watch. It teaches so many stories within a story. What could we all do to keep this show on? Do we need to sign a petition or just beg. There are so many kids that feel like they don’t belong and this show brings out the best in some of them with the school counselor and all the town that back her up as well as the coaches. I just thingk it is a great show for young kids growing to watch and put a little bit of understanding in their minds. Children for sure can do anything they want to be , with a lot of hard work. Pleae do not cancel this wonderful show. Thanks, jan woodard

Jan Woodard October 13, 2010 at 9:04 pm

This has got to be one of the very best show on TV for family and a bunch of highschool kids to watch. It teaches so many stories within a story. What could we all do to keep this show on? Do we need to sign a petition or just beg. There are so many kids that feel like they don’t belong and this show brings out the best in some of them with the school counselor and all the town that back her up as well as the coaches. I just thingk it is a great show for young kids growing to watch and put a little bit of understanding in their minds. Children for sure can do anything they want to be , with a lot of hard work. Pleae do not cancel this wonderful show. There is so many unrealistic show on TV now and at the movies—-it is just getting worse and worse.

Donna Ross August 7, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I am truely saddened this show is not going to continue. Everything about this show was fabulous. It is the only show I watch on NBC!!!! No wonder we all are leaving the major networks and watching all the cable programming. A large majority of network programming now days is all criminal or negative!
I would like Lyla (Minka) to come back and let Tim have a happy ending as well!

Undertaker July 6, 2010 at 9:53 am

Man, I’m going to miss this show!!!! I hate it’s being cancelled. I do hope that they at least bring back Smash, or at least he graduates, or gets drafted, hopefully graduate, and that Vince gets out of East Dillon. Basically a good kid in a tough situation, trying to do the right thing, hopefully not too late.

Jureesverdict June 25, 2010 at 4:14 pm

I am really surprised that Tyra wasn’t in season 4 at all? I wanted to know how she adjusted to college life, and she didn’t even come back to see her newborn nephew? I wonder what the story was behind that (contract negotiation conflicts)? The characters, music, quality acting, and story lines came together so nicely. The new students/players have been interesting too, so I could see how this could have long term potential, but I gotta admit, I held off watching it because I’m not that into sports (f, 28 – I just watched all 4 seasons in a row – however I did watch a good portion of season 3 when it aired on NBC). Maybe that had an impact on reaching a female audience because if I knew sooner I would’ve gotten all my girlfriends into it too. My boyfriend made me watch it and I’m glad he did. This is such a great show, I’ll miss it :o(

Baileygirl June 29, 2010 at 4:20 am

Tyra was scheduled to come back in at least one episode of the 4th season, but could not be released from the filming of RED DAWN, which was taking place in Detroit. Am so happy she and many of the original characters will be back…just is not the same without them.

Anonymous June 23, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Bring back Lyla Garrity! She is just simply beautiful, and has been an intriguing part of many of the past episodes!

tami June 17, 2010 at 8:43 am

So sad to see the show go…..all good things must come to an end!

kelli June 16, 2010 at 11:08 am

Devastated that this show is ending. It’s the best show on TV, from the writing, to each and every cast member, to the music, to the directing. I ADORE Matt (Zack Gilford). He is amazing, and I sincerely hope he has a successful career. I cannot believe this show did not get more traction. It is truly of the highest quality. So, so sad.

Corey June 15, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I would like to see Smash come back next year. He been gone to long.

nate June 15, 2010 at 5:32 pm

i loved this show very much