Fringe

FringeNetwork: FOX
Episodes: 100 (hour)
Seasons: Five

TV show dates: September 9, 2008 – January 18, 2013
Series status: Ended

Performers include: Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, Lance Reddick, Kirk Acevedo, Blair Brown, Jasika Nicole, Mark Valley, John Noble, and Michael Cerveris.

fringe past TV show

TV show description:
This sci-fi drama, created by J.J. Abrams (Lost, Alias, Felicity), begins at Logan Airport in Boston. Flight 627 from Hamburg, Germany, has just arrived after having flown through an electrical storm. When FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv) and her partner John Smith (Mark Valley) are summoned to the airport, co-worker Charlie Francis (Kirk Acevedo) informs them that the flight has landed via autopilot. Everyone onboard is dead and their organs seem to have melted.

Homeland Security Chief Phillip Broyles (Lance Reddick) immediately suspects terrorism and wants Olivia and John to investigate two Middleastern men who’d been seen at the airport handing a Caucasian man a suitcase. While investigating a storage facility, an explosion occurs, sending John to the hospital with symptoms similar to those from flight 627. Olivia researches John’s condition in order save him and recovers the name of a former government researcher of fringe science, Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble).

Dr. Bishop’s been institutionalized for the past 17 years after an experiment in his lab caused a lab assistant’s death. With the help of his estranged son, Peter (Joshua Jackson), she recruits Dr. Bishop to help her solve the current flesh eating phenomenon. Their examination into the epidemic leads them to Massive Dynamic, a multi-billion dollar corporation. The mysterious Nina Sharp (Blair Brown) is the executive director of the company’s fringe division and stonewalls outside inquiries.

Under the auspices of Broyles, Olivia, Dr. Bishop, Peter, and lab assistant Astrid Farnsworth (Jasika Nicole) soon discover that what happened on a runway at Logan Airport is part of a much bigger mystery. While trying to piece together what is going on, the team encounters additional strange occurrences like genetic mutations, rapid aging, levitation, reanimation, and telepathy.

space

Series Finale

Episode #100 — “An Enemy of Fate”
Click here to read a detailed recap of the last episode.
First aired: January 18, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Fringe TV series? Did you like the last episode? Do you think it should have lasted more than five seasons?

joan padula July 3, 2010 at 8:13 am

This is the only program worth watching . Please JJ don’t screw it up bouncing from
one thing to another as you did with Lost.

ladynikko May 28, 2010 at 10:56 am

I just love this show and I would have been heartbroken if it didn’t come back

Dale P February 4, 2010 at 1:53 pm

This show is addicting. What the writers come up with is, situations that are really out there. Keeps me totally interested. I also like the cast, espiecially Walter…he plays that part well. I still wish that they would have kept those 30 second commercials. Great show!

rosemarie wells January 10, 2010 at 3:45 pm

i really love this show!!! it keeps me on the edge of my seat all the time. i rush to get things done so i can just sit and watch the show without interuption. pleas keep it going. i really hate reality shows., they are so boring.

Maria October 5, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Why is it everytime an interesting, sit-on-the-edge -of-your-seat tv series gets made; some jerk in a three piece suit comes along and cancels it in order to put some idiotic “reality” show on tv in stead! IF I WANT REALITY, I GO OUT AND LIVE IT !! I CAN SEE MY FRIENDS LIVE IT!!! I’m flippin’ tired of terrible, poorly done reality shows. Bad enough with The Bachelor and Bacherlette, but come on!!! Oil rig drillers? Swordfish boats and their crew? Does anyone watch those shows? Does any one care? How desperate are the networks getting! The only thing I can think of is the networks don’t want to spend the money to create and keep shows on tv that actually are entertaining and make you want to see more. Gues “reality” shows are cheaper.

Shirie White September 7, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Love the show, BUT HATED THE TWITTER CRAP ON IT.
PLEASE DROP THE TWITTER. THANK YOU, SHIRIE WHITE

Elaine June 22, 2009 at 3:39 pm

Every year the new shows are advertised and every year I do not watch them because of moments like this…I took time out of my day to watch this show. I get hooked on it and some suit gets to make the final call. Reality TV sells because it has a beginning and an ending. I can not stand reality shows and will never watch one. There is enough drama in my life. I can watch the people around me try to Survive after Katrina, and as far as any idol goes you can watch any act at the Casino or someone at Kareoke night in a bar….that is what life is. TV is for entertainment and I prefer to pick what shows I watch. I am sick and tired of getting addicted to TV only to get my heart broken after the first show. Look how long Mister Rogers aired Do you honestly think millions of viewers watched that show. TV series should now be called Mini series because that is about all we get out of it.

D L June 16, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Awesome show………please keep it!

Anonymous May 25, 2009 at 8:51 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

SERIOUSLY, I’M ADDICTED!

IF YOU CANCEL THIS SHOW, YOU’LL BE LOSING A FOX VIEWER FOREVER!

JoyousOne May 12, 2009 at 11:42 pm

So glad that Fringe will be back in the Fall .. need more good shows like this one, Bones, Castle, LOST, Desparate Housewives & Ghost Whisperer — too many reality shows on for my taste. I like to THINK how something might turn out. I love to read books so I like to have my tv shows get me that same kind of entertainment. Great finale tonight – can’t wait for more answers in the new season.

Tamara April 30, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Fringe is the best show on TV. My favorite show. Keep them coming.

Virene April 22, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Fringe is the best show on TV.

Bea Hunstiger April 18, 2009 at 6:54 pm

My favorite show. Keep them coming.

Melissa N. April 16, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Awesome show. Fun to watch and always interesting.

M. Mumford April 10, 2009 at 3:36 pm