Ghost Whisperer: Series Ending Bothers Jennifer Love Hewitt

Ghost WhispererIt’s been many months now since CBS cancelled Ghost Whisperer. Many fans of the TV show are still shocked and upset about the cancellation and series star Jennifer Love Hewitt can sympathize.

In a recent interview with Zap2it, Hewitt revealed that she bought into the rumors that ABC might pick it up and talked about Ghost Whisperer’s abrupt end. She said, “For me, it was a total shock… I thought our next season probably would be the last, just because the show had been on for a really long time. It’s hard to come up with new things that will keep people intrigued, but I never thought in a million years that was going to have been our last season..”

Hewitt also expressed sadness about the fact that the story of Melinda Gordon was left unfinished. She noted, “I didn’t feel the series ended the way that [Melinda] deserved for it to. We left the audience sort of hanging, and I hate that. When you’ve taken people on a journey for so long, the least you can do is give them a goodbye. For a show that was about unfinished business, we didn’t get to finish.”

What do you think? What “unfinished business” bothers you the most about the show? How would you have ended Ghost Whisperer?

Lee Lewis March 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm

NBC PLEASE PICK UP GHOST WHISPER. It was the only show that the entire family could watch from day one. It always had a great cast and always kept me looking forward to every show.

Kim March 7, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I would not end it. start it back up…… :)

Jessica March 2, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Ghost whidperers was thr best show there was,idont understand how can cbs cancel a show with out finishing it,i can see ya dont care about the viewers,i hope abc are smarter than cbs,n continue the show,i read abc is doing a continue show with aden(melinda son)nchloe(melindas daughter) call whispers.is this true, please let us know

Joanne February 27, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Ghost Whisperer was one of the best programs out there. JLH made the show and brought Melinda to life….The rest of the cast was fantastic. I really looked forward to it every Friday night – granted I used to record it on my PVR which apparantly did not help with the ratings… I was shocked it was cancelled. Sad in Canada :(

Terry February 26, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I am shocked that Ghost Whisperer is cancelled. Man you get a good TV series to watch and you take off the air. Those Hollywood people are crazy. No wonder CA is Lossing money. All money no brians SAD.

bee February 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I have never made a comment on a blog or web site before but I was waiting for ghost whisper to start up again and when it didn’t I looked it up and was surprised to find that it was canceled. The show was the only show that both my husband and I would watch together. We would go out to eat and hurry home to watch the show. I am truely disapointed we have watched the show every episod on vaccation in different states it was something that we enjoyed and were waiting for the story to play out. I wish they would bring it back or someone elce would pick it up. I hate the reality shows and am getting tired of them. I like to escape reality.

kayla February 21, 2011 at 6:14 pm

This show was by far exhilarating and damn good.I just found out and now I want to cry.How can you live with yourself for doing this to fans?Your all a bunch of a$$holes.

kayla February 21, 2011 at 6:13 pm

This show was by far exhilarating and damn good.I just found out and now I want to cry.How can you live with yourself for doing this to fans?Your all a bunch of assholes.

Cindy February 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm

CBS can kiss my A**! You lost a valuable customer. I will never watch CBS again! This was my favorit show! You should have at least ended it you selfish D****!

Angelina February 14, 2011 at 6:38 am

A very sad viewer from across the pond in the uk.
Why do the U.S broadcasters keep cutting shows like this, why do they not say hey this is the last series so we have to have a ending.
Very sad that melinda wont have an ending and we are all left hanging.
Broadcasters should look at not just the U.S ratings but factor in DVD/Blu Ray sales and the sales to other broadcasters around the world instead of looking for primetime blockbusters unless they only show programs between 6-10 pm. they could have shifted it to another time

Madeline February 12, 2011 at 1:39 am

Seriously, you cancel this show so there is yet another stupid ‘reality” show? Leave our Ghost Whisperer alone. Let her continue to give us hope.

Madeline February 12, 2011 at 1:40 am

New Adventures of Old Christine SUCKS!

Jeci Cassidy February 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm

I love the show!!! I didn’t want it to end!!! I miss it so much. I watch it on ION. Jennifer Love Hewitt is a great actress she really does a wonderful job as Melinda Gordon. I would love for the show to come back, Hell I would even love for it to keep going on.
-Jeci

Lisa February 10, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I was and still am furious over the cancellation of one of the best shows left on television. With all the crap that is currently on now and the continuous decline of quality, why remove a show that has interest, fans, class and a great cast. I guess I just don’t understand television. I guess that is also why I don’t and won’t be watching CBS programming any longer. Shame on you…not even to inform the cast of the possibility of cancellation??? That show’s the tasteless total disregard for not only cast members but writers and all the behind-the-scenes workers that made your success possible. The abosolute least you could do would be to provide a closing episode to tie up loose ends and give closure to not only the cast and crew but to a loyal fan following that CBS obviously did not deserve. What do you say CBS??? Do you have any inclination at all to make this right? Somehow I doubt it…again showing your lack of true professionalism!

pam bradshaw February 9, 2011 at 6:09 am

I DONT THINK THE SHOW SHOULD END. I SIT ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT WITH EVERY SHOW. AND I AM IN GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT WHEN I HAVE TO MISS ONE SHOW. ITS A VERY GOOD SHOW!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT TAKE IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pati February 6, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I can’t believe that the network has such disregard for its viewers. To not even give ur viewers the curiosity of an ending is rude!!! We the viewer keep them in business by endearing ourselves with their shows only to get attached to them and then the network cancels them due to lack of viewers! ! I watch everything on DVR. I hate commercial s and watching TV in real-time is crazy.! Now I learn that DVR doesn’t show the ratings. Shame on u for having no loyalty to ur customer!