Grimm: Season Two Renewal from NBC

Grimm renewedTo no surprise, NBC’s Friday night TV series Grimm has been renewed for a second season.

The cast and crew were reportedly given the good news today. Richard Hatem, one of the TV show’s writers, announced the news to fans on his Facebook page today. Another writer, Akela Cooper, tweeted, “Walk into the office this morning & our showrunners David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf tell me the good news: #Grimm is picked up 4 a second season!”

Many of NBC’s new series have been a disappointment this season and have either been cancelled or are expected to be — The Playboy Club, The Firm, Free Agents, and Prime Suspect. Grimm has been one of the network’s few bright spots.

Debuting late in the fall season on little-watched Friday nights, Grimm has been outperforming higher-profile shows like Are You There, Chelsea? and 30 Rock.

Out of the 18 scripted programs that have aired this season, Grimm ranks ninth and averages a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.27 million total viewers. On our NBC ratings report card, after adjusting for the Friday night timeslot, Grimm gets an “A”.

The final and 22nd episode of the current season is set to air on May 18th. NBC has ordered 22 episodes for next season right out of the gate this time.

Wondering what else has been cancelled or renewed? Check our updated list of current NBC shows.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Grimm has been renewed? Were you worried that it would be cancelled? What would you like to see happen in season two?

D May 4, 2012 at 4:46 am

Grimm has a great potential and it is currently one of my favorite tv shows.

nyree May 3, 2012 at 4:15 pm

great for the renewel i love this show i hope it sticks around for a while

kathryn May 1, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Truly delightful series with just the right mix of everything to keep fans waiting anxiously, “with bated breath”, for more. Detective/fantasy/drama/comedy/multiple plots/friendships/romance… Grimm was bit slow at first and 2 dimensional, but has SO definitely picked up the pace in both plot intrigue and great chemistry between the characters. A perfect balance of serious to light-hearted without the tiring angst of some of the other series. Very good call to continue the series. I applaud all who have combined their collective talents in this production!

Sam May 1, 2012 at 1:58 am

I’m a TRUE-BLUE GRIMM FAN!!! So ecstatic for their second season! Thanks NBC!
Nick and Monroe’s unsual tandem is so cool and exciting each episode!! :D

Nikki Jones April 30, 2012 at 5:08 pm

I am estatic about Grimm being renewed for another season. I would like to see more on Nick and Hanks relationship and also a turning point for Nick and his fiance’. Other than that…the recipe for the storylines work each episode.

Grant April 29, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Love the show, just wish the time slot was not opposite Fringe on Fox… It’s better than Once Upon A Time which appears to me to be more like a soap opera with a cliff hanger every week.

Marissa April 27, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Love, love this show! So glad it’s going on to season 2. Yay!!

Rita April 27, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Love the Grimm series. Howabout a trip to the Black Forest for more adventures!!! I will translate.

Deb April 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm

My husband and I are thrilled that Grimm will be on for another season. We enjoy the originality of the story line and the wild imagination used to develop the characters. The show make our Friday nights just about perfect! Thanks NBC!

chris l April 24, 2012 at 10:09 pm

glad to hear…very good show

hyf5 April 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I love Grimm thank God it got renewed so happy !!!!!
#GreatShow

Georgia April 21, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Great! Grimm is a well-acted and sort of fun…in an odd way. Good escape from reality shows!

Tim April 18, 2012 at 7:25 am

Great: one of only 2 ‘must sees’ (the other is ‘Castle’)….

MommaZ April 20, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Totally agree; my two favorite shows!

linda April 15, 2012 at 11:27 am

I was afraid they were going to cancel it. I am so happy to hear it will be renewed

Patricia April 14, 2012 at 11:21 am

Yes! I’m so happy that Grimm is getting a second season! I love the show because it is unique in it’s story-lines and characters, and very different from other tv shows! It keeps me guessing and wanting more!!!!! I’d like to see Grimm become #1 on NBC for years to come!!!! Thank you for putting Grimm on tv!!!!!!!