Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (Chloë Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Dee Russ July 15, 2014 at 9:58 pm

My husband and I love this series, we want it back!!! What great acting, we love the main star!!!

shelley swift June 14, 2014 at 9:59 am

Please bring back more of this show!!!!!!!!!! So original, so well done.

Anonymous June 30, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Found it to be a fairly realistic view of pre-opt life/problems/needs/fears & rejection. Would really like to see it continue to evolve knowledge/info for who do not live in this life with it’s challenges. Well done!

Banana Bread May 7, 2014 at 3:38 am

From what I read, it was really commissioned as a one season mini-series.
Found this short interview with Chloe Sevigny, so do not lose hope yet.

Donna Rose April 24, 2014 at 7:04 am

I am really disappointed that a show of this caliber has been cancelled! !!! Sky Atlantic needs to rethink this move!! Bring Mia back!

Ray Angel April 14, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I hope all these positive comments helps bring this show back, one of the better shows I have seen in a while, it is right up there with Shameless, Deadwood and The Big C

Jim Scott April 10, 2014 at 2:12 am

Awesome show! Can’t believe that quality shows don’t get renewed and I instead we keep getting the same old lame crap to watch.

Ana April 4, 2014 at 2:42 am

One of The best series, Really good trama a súper performances. I saw it on Neflixt’ And I wanna see more . It’s shame that was cancel ….it could be a huge success like “Breaking Bad”.

joyce March 22, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Caught this on Netflix and was hooked. It was a nice surprise. Loved it. Can’t believe they left us with the cliff hanger and aren’t renewing. I can’t see why, it was so different and interesting.

Bubblee March 22, 2014 at 11:32 am

Come on you can’t leave us hanging like that !!! Season 2 please

M Andrews March 10, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Madelyn is right…This show has the potential of becoming another Dexter. I really hope the decision to end the series with only 1 season.

Jami Wilder February 26, 2014 at 3:52 pm

ZOMG!!! PLEASE bring this show back for at least a TV Movie to close up loose ends!!! I so very identify with Mia (The gender issues, not the assassin part, LOL) and would love to know how on earth she and the Family get out of the cliff hanger that the production company left us with!!

JAI ITALIAANDER July 1, 2014 at 12:18 pm

WHY IN THE WORLD IS THERE NO SEASON TWO…………I LOVE THIS SERIES…ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE SEEN SO WELL DONE AND THE ACTING WAS SUPERB……I WAS VERY UPSET TO HEAR THAT THERE WILL BE NO SEASON TWO……….AS A MATTER OF FACT I FEEL RIPPED OFF……………..AFTER WATCHING THE SIX EPISODES LAST NIGHT ALL AT ONCE BECAUSE I COULD NOT STOP……………AND LEAVING US UP IN THE AIR………………IS NOT NICE……………..THERE IS SO MUCH CRAP ON TV…..WHEN YOU GET SOMETHING AS GOOD AS THIS WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? DID YOU DO THIS……………………I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO UPSET…MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE WARNED US BEFORE I WATCHED ALL THESE SERIES……PLEASE BRING THIS SERIES BACK AND COMPLETE THE FINISH………………………..

Rick Holland February 22, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Great series, hope the cancellation will be reversed!

Madelyn Robertson February 17, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Please bring this series back!! My girlfriend and I absolutely love it and think it could have as much potential as the series Dexter! Plus it hits so close to home for us!