Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Elizabeth Maguire March 27, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I am truly disappointed that Hit & Miss was not renewed. Just discovered it on NFlix and loved the show. The character what he went through as a child and how it shaped his “professional” persona. Although contract killers are not usually seen in a positive light I found Mia to be very sympathetic and although I have only known one person who is transgender I never knew what he went through personally, probably because he was afraid to discuss it openly until he became more confident about his decision and made the change, but this series really opened my eyes to how people who are trapped in the wrong body must feel their entire lives. BRING IT BACK!

Srhosey March 18, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I would love to see the series
Return.

Barbara H February 23, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I am most disappointed with the decision not to make a season 2 of this really good show. It was very exceptional, unusual and exciting story, very different to the shows we normally watch. PLEASE Sky Atlantic have a rethink and bring it back, if you do would you run the first season again just as a reminder , cause it is 2 years coming up to 3 since it was on. In anticipation.

Joan Corica February 16, 2015 at 6:30 am

We really enjoyed this show but missed some episodes. Would love to see a series return.

abe January 29, 2015 at 8:00 am

Really disappointed even two years later! Need a second season!

CHloe fan March 13, 2015 at 2:43 am

Three years later and I’m so disappointed, I watched the series again, and loved it again

Thomas January 19, 2015 at 11:11 am

I never leave comments, never ever! Why did you people take one of the best personal human being stories that was ever made taken off the air. It was the best program I ever seen with such emotional, raw, sensitive material ever put on the television set. Please continue it at all possible. You are making a big mistake not renewing this series. Don’t be fools!!!! thank you

susan owen January 6, 2015 at 11:56 am

i am really disappointed to hear that one of the finest series on tv will not be renewed when so many mindless “reality” shows go on and on ad nauseum. probably the fact that the heroine was a tranny might have been too adult for most of the more vocal bigots. ahead of its time. i hope the network changes its mind as well. i’m with janice and jack.

parker November 20, 2014 at 8:41 pm

really sorry to hear there will be no season 2

Paul February 1, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed. Chloe Sevingy was rock solid. Her best performance to date. Would have loved another season.

susan October 14, 2014 at 11:02 am

I would like to see season 2 also. I work at a County Library and this is how I was able to see the series at all.

Jack Fahey October 13, 2014 at 6:50 pm

One of the best shows on TV. Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice Boyd-Druitt September 22, 2014 at 4:27 pm

My sister, suggested this series, I am disappointed that it will not be back, for a second season, I hope the network, change their mind