Hit & Miss: No Season Two for DirecTV Series

Hit and Miss TV seriesSky Atlantic has opted not to bring Hit & Miss back for a second season. The TV show has been running on DirecTV here in the US. According to Sky Atlantic’s official statement, they only planned for the UK TV series to run for just one season anyway.

It reads, “Hit & Miss was commissioned as a self-contained drama. The series was the first UK drama commissioned for Sky Atlantic and the response from our customers and the press has been overwhelmingly positive. Following the success of this series, Sky Atlantic continues to be committed to investment in original British scripted productions with upcoming drama Falcon, and other productions which will be announced soon.”

Hit & Miss follows Mia (ChloĆ« Sevingy), a contract killer with a secret: she’s a pre-op transsexual. Mia’s life is sent into a tailspin when she receives a letter from an ex-girlfriend who’s dying from cancer. The letter reveals that Mia fathered a son eleven years ago. Faced with a difficult decision, Mia becomes the guardian to a new family, a choice that forces her to mix her killer instincts with her newly acquired maternal ones. Hit & Miss is the story of a lethal killer at the heart of a troubled family and how all of their lives are dramatically changed.

Others featured in the show include Peter Wight, Jonas Armstrong, Vincent Regan, Ben Crompton, Karla Crome, Reece Noi, Jorden Bennie and Roma Christensen.

The six episodes began running on DirecTV on July 11th and finished on August 15th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear there won’t be a second season of Hit & Miss? What would you liked to have seen happen?

Canceled and renewed TV show

172 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Denise says

I just finish the first season on Netflix only to find out there was no second season! I am totally upset by this! I would love to see another season!!!!

2. Kathy says

Just finished watching it on Netflix. Would love to see more episodes. Very disappointed I won’t see more of it!

3. Elizabeth Maguire says

I am truly disappointed that Hit & Miss was not renewed. Just discovered it on NFlix and loved the show. The character what he went through as a child and how it shaped his “professional” persona. Although contract killers are not usually seen in a positive light I found Mia to be very sympathetic and although I have only known one person who is transgender I never knew what he went through personally, probably because he was afraid to discuss it openly until he became more confident about his decision and made the change, but this series really opened my eyes to how people who are trapped in the wrong body must feel their entire lives. BRING IT BACK!

4. Barbara H says

I am most disappointed with the decision not to make a season 2 of this really good show. It was very exceptional, unusual and exciting story, very different to the shows we normally watch. PLEASE Sky Atlantic have a rethink and bring it back, if you do would you run the first season again just as a reminder , cause it is 2 years coming up to 3 since it was on. In anticipation.

5. Thomas says

I never leave comments, never ever! Why did you people take one of the best personal human being stories that was ever made taken off the air. It was the best program I ever seen with such emotional, raw, sensitive material ever put on the television set. Please continue it at all possible. You are making a big mistake not renewing this series. Don’t be fools!!!! thank you

6. susan owen says

i am really disappointed to hear that one of the finest series on tv will not be renewed when so many mindless “reality” shows go on and on ad nauseum. probably the fact that the heroine was a tranny might have been too adult for most of the more vocal bigots. ahead of its time. i hope the network changes its mind as well. i’m with janice and jack.

7. Janice Boyd-Druitt says

My sister, suggested this series, I am disappointed that it will not be back, for a second season, I hope the network, change their mind