Jane By Design: Cancelled; No Season Two

Jane By Design season two canceledIt looked like the fate of Jane By Design could go either way but ABC Family has now decided to cancel the TV series. The drama ran for one season of 18 episodes.

Jane By Design tells the tale of a quirky teenager who has a unique fashion sense. She gets hired by chance at a hip fashion house and must learn to juggle her demanding new job while still attending high school. The cast includes Erica Dasher, Andie MacDowell, Rowly Dennis, India de Beaufort, Ser’Darius Blain, Brooke Lyons, Nick Roux, Meagan Tandy, Matthew Atkinson, and David Clayton Rogers.

The ABC Family series premiered in January to 1.6 million viewers and a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The numbers for week two dropped about 30%. The numbers fluctuated week-to-week but viewership never got that high again.

ABC Family initially ordered 10 installments and those finished airing on March 6th. Rather than renew Jane By Design for a second season, the cable channel ordered eight more installments to be added to season one.

The first season ended up averaging 1.29 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating. Jane By Design ended up being the lowest-rated drama of the current crop. and fans understandably became nervous when the finale aired in late July and a renewal hadn’t materialized. We now know it won’t be forthcoming.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that Jane By Design has been cancelled? What were you hoping to see in season two?

Anonymous August 7, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Jane by Design should continue. It’s a really great show and very entertaining!!!!

tanu December 21, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Jane By design was AMAZING!, i just found this little gem recently, not enough time was given to viewers to find this show! I hope you re-air it!!!

Anonymous September 9, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I really love Jane By Design!! I hate that they cancelled the show!! The show was very entertaining and really good!! I want the show to come back!!

Lorena Zamora August 7, 2013 at 3:39 pm

just hurry up and bring the show back!!!!!!!! my two little ones are waitnig like me cause we all love the show! bring it back now! hopefully jane finally gets billy!

Sue July 24, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Jane by Design is my favorite show. Why was it cancelled. I’ve been waiting for it to return..

Please bring this show back on…. I loved it….

A down to earth show and they go and cancel it…..why?

Courtney July 20, 2013 at 1:44 am

Why would you cancel it at that ending I love that show. Nobody is going to even watch ravens wood it looks like a copy of pretty little liars and that’s stupid

Kathy July 15, 2013 at 1:30 am

Please bring the show back!! We love Jane!

Big fan July 11, 2013 at 8:18 am

I’m so sad :( that is the only show that is actually perfect for preteens and teens. If it re airs it would be such a hit! I just found it on Netflix and finish the first season it was amazing!! Don’t leave us hanging! Re air it! Hurry and get it on to Netflix too cause I don’t have cable!!! Trust me drop dead diva got canceled but they started re airing it JANE BY DESIGN NEEDS TO BE NEXT!!!!!!!! It will be a hit I promise!

Gina July 11, 2013 at 4:11 am

I loved this show! it was so good, why do you have to keep cancelling all the good shows and add new crappy ones that no one likes, bring back Jane By Design!!!!!

Rayj June 3, 2013 at 7:53 pm

With all the reality crap out there, why would you cancel a show that is actually decent! For a change, how about giving viewers something good to watch – bring it back!

Rhonda June 3, 2013 at 12:38 am

I am really disappointed to hear Jane by Design was cancelled, as a mother(48) of a preteen(12) it was something we enjoyed watching together. It’s something to finally see a clean show with a good story line. Yes it’s all based on a lie however it does point out how someone can get hurt by even stretching the truth or even white lies as they may be called. Leaving any show hanging without a real ending…. I say its a good way to keep losing the ratings, I mean why start watching that network if you are taking a chance of something of being cancelled?