King & Maxwell

king and maxwell: canceled or renewed?Network: TNT
Episodes: 10 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 10, 2013 – August 12, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jon Tenney, Rebecca Romijn, Michael O’Keefe, Chris Butler, and Ryan Hurst.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the best-selling books by author David Baldacci.

Sean King (Jon Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell (Rebecca Romijn) are unusual private investigators. Both of them used to be Secret Service agents, and their unique skills (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) give them a leg up on conventional law enforcement.

Maxwell is a former elite athlete who uses her brains, beauty and Beltway connections to solve cases. King’s career in the Secret Service ended when the presidential candidate he was assigned to protect was assassinated, sending him on a downward spiral.

Now, King has added a law degree to his arsenal of skills, allowing him to navigate the system in ways that a typical private investigator never could. Along the way, King and Maxwell clash over just about everything — from her garbage-strewn car to his love of wine over beer.

FBI Special Agents Rigby (Michael O’Keefe) and Carter (Chris Butler) frequently clash with King and Maxwell over their less-than-legal methods. Rigby is a veteran FBI agent with many years on the force and he always follows the rules, sticks to the facts and questions anyone who stands between him and the truth.

Carter is Agent Rigby’s junior partner and will likely go far in the agency. He works with whoever can help solve a case -– either standard law-enforcement organizations, like the police, or unconventional resources, like private investigators.

Helping the King and Maxwell team is Edgar Roy (Ryan Hurst). He joined their team after Sean King served as his lawyer during his highly publicized criminal case. Edgar is a high-functioning autistic savant who specializes in patterns and numerical sequences. He has certain work-space requirements, like sitting at a “friendly” desk and enjoying soup for lunch on Mondays.
space

Series Finale

Episode #10 — Pandora’s Box
Sean’s investigation of the Ritter assassination threatens to end his partnership with Michelle as she considers returning to the Secret Service. The shocking truth sends Sean back to the scene of the crime to prevent history from repeating itself.
First aired: August 12, 2013.

space
What do you think? Do you like the King & Maxwell TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

CATHIE MONTES October 22, 2013 at 5:48 pm

PLEASE reinstate King & Maxwell! TNT has a great line-up with shows like Franklin & Bash and Major Crimes. Cast is stellar, writing is excellent, and the plots are interesting. BRING IT BACK!!

CW October 21, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I love this show. It was the only decent new show this year. Please bring it back. I promise to watch every episode and buy the DVDs.

rj October 19, 2013 at 9:11 am

Really – you want to keep losers like Major Crimes and cancel this show
Bad move!

Lisa October 18, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Loved king and maxwell. Please bring it back!!!

Save the show October 18, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I love this show bring it back.

Georgia October 18, 2013 at 2:39 pm

We really liked King & Maxwell. Another year would have really devloped the characters and made it even better. So NOT happy about this news.

Anonymous October 18, 2013 at 9:27 am

I liked King and Maxwell please bring it back

Lew October 17, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Renew the series…. good show!!

Sacha Mariano October 15, 2013 at 3:33 am

I love this show and the characters. King and Maxwell are just starting to get really interesting and Edgar rocks. It is funny, well written, and down right entertaining. I wish all shows had there formula. What would make my day is to stop producing the mind numbing, brain rotting, keep you stupid reality shows that are out there polluting the TV viewing world.

Steve October 13, 2013 at 9:09 pm

My wife and I really enjoyed this show, sad to see it was cancelled.

SuziePeterson October 11, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Bring it back, loved the cast and show!

jules October 9, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Sometimes, it isn’t about initial ratings. Watch how many episodes are subsequently re-watched on demand, downloaded, purchased from amazon, etc. before making a decision.
I found out about the books and the TV series from my mom the day after the season finale. Since we used to watch Moonlighting, Remington Steele, and Scarecrow and Mrs. King together I bought ‘The Hour Game,’ and loved the characters.
I took a chance and bought the full TV season series on amazon without ever viewing a clip. The chemistry for the show was there from the 1st episode, which is rare, and I just adore Edgar. I found out afterward I could have watched it on demand via Verizon, but I DO NOT regret paying for the series, and will watch it again.
Great show! Please don’t be too hasty.

Joan Beaarden October 12, 2013 at 1:40 pm

This was the best show I have seen in a long time. Please bring it back.

Lisa McLelland October 8, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I truly enjoyed King and Maxwell; bring it back!

allen October 8, 2013 at 12:25 pm

This is a really great show! Can’t believe it’s being cancelled.

Anonymous October 5, 2013 at 5:31 pm

One of the better detective shows on TV. Good characters and good plots. It’s a shame that it will joint many other good shows that strive to be unique, but don’t appear to appeal to the masses.