Life Unexpected: Cancelled? CW Not Ordering More Episodes

Life UnexpectedAfter a season of lackluster ratings, The CW took a chance last May and renewed Life Unexpected for year two. They hoped that the audience would grow this season but it certainly hasn’t.

Season one of Life Unexpected averaged 2.0 million viewers and a 1.6 rating in the network’s target demographic of women 18-34. This season, the show’s lost more than half of the demo audience, averaging just a 0.7 rating with 1.53 million viewers.

As the network’s lowest rated show, CW execs asked for a couple additional scripts but didn’t order them into production. Life Unexpected is the only series on the network that’s been limited to 13 episodes this season.

While The CW has not officially cancelled Life Unexpected yet, it’s impossible to imagine that they’d renew it for season three. The ratings have just gone too low. Series creator Liz Tigelaar thinks so too. She told the TV Addict back in September that she believed that, if they didn’t get an order for a full season, the show was finished.

The season (likely series) finale will air in January. Deadline is reporting that the writers are treating it like the series finale and will wrap up many of the ongoing storylines.

Tigelaar was skeptical about how fulfilling the end could be. In September, she said, “Obviously if you were doing the end of this story, what I feel the fans want are Cate and Baze together, so that would be a natural series end in someway. Unfortunately, that is not going to to happen by episode 13, at least I don’t think in an artful way. So we’re just going to hope for more and if 13 ends up being our last one we will have some closure, it will feel good and the end, but it won’t be the true end.

What do you think? Should The CW have renewed or canceled Life Unexpected last spring? Why have so many viewers stopped watching? How would you like the series to end?

Annonomas March 17, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I Love ❤ this show it was AWESOME. I WOULD Love ❤ to see how it ends.

Anonymous March 17, 2015 at 7:32 pm

The show was AWESOME, RENEW the show. I would love ❤ to see how it ends.

Liliana Salamanca March 2, 2015 at 5:32 am

I think y’all should keep trying! I am OBSESSED with this tv show and it really sucked not watching season 3. I’ve watched this for 2 nights and think it’s amazing and my favorite tv show. Y’all should think about putting season 3 but with the same cast people. I love you guys! Y’all are the best! It would be better with the same people!

Alexa February 15, 2015 at 4:25 pm

I JUST finished season 2. I HATEEEEEEEEE HOW IT ENDED.

EVERYONE WHO WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOGETHER CAN’T JUST GET TOGETHER IN THE LAST FIVE MINUTES WITHOUT EXPLAINING HOW ANY OF IT HAPPENED.

LIKE HOW DID RYAN AND CATE END? WHEN DID RYAN GET WITH JULIA? WHO THE F IS JULIA! HOW DID CATE AND BAZE GET TOGETHER? DOES HE FIX IT WITH HIS DAD? IM PRETTY SURE LUX’S BEST FRIEND JUST DIDNT LET IT BE THAT SHE ENDED UP WITH JONES. WHAT HAPPENED TO BUG???? DID HE END UP DYING?

LIKE COME ON. I WAS SO PISSED HOW IT ENDED I LIKE MAD-DOGGED EVERYONE IN MY HOUSE THE REST OF THE DAY

kayli and david January 11, 2015 at 12:20 am

my husband and I love love this show we would love to see season 3 of life unexpected season 2 ended good but still many more untied ends just saying we would be faithful followers

Emma January 3, 2015 at 6:59 pm

I love this show! I just finished the season! Please have season 3!!

Julia kazin December 31, 2014 at 5:55 pm

The show is very addicting! I love it and I sure hope they’ll make season 3

Angela November 9, 2014 at 11:03 pm

You guys should bring back the show

shirley October 13, 2014 at 1:24 pm