Lincoln Heights: Castmembers Talk about TV Show Cancellation

Lincoln HeightsIt was recently revealed that ABC Family had decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons. What do the actors think about the news, that they won’t be going back to film a fifth round of episodes? The answer might surprise you.

Lincoln Heights revolves around Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) and his family who move back to his old neighborhood. The rest in the cast include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

Fans of the ABC Family series may be very upset that Lincoln Heights isn’t continuing but some of the actors seem to be okay with it. While they’re disappointed that their time on the series is over, they’re mostly grateful to have been a part of it.

Adamson, who plays neighbor and boyfriend Charles Antoni on the show, wrote, “I haven’t posted my thoughts about the recent Cancellation of Lincoln Heights, simply because I haven’t really known what to say. I am at peace with it. All good things must come to an end and Lincoln Heights was a great thing. I was given a character of real depth and purpose, not simply a pawn or tool to push a storyline or agenda. You have no idea how rare that is for a man of my age. I believe the story has been told. It was told with passion, vigor, and with the committed convictions of the writers. They were all unique with a dedicated voice. I only ever wanted to be truthful in my portrayal of Charles, because I have so much respect for the hardworking cast and crew. I learned much. I’m sure there are those out there who are disappointed with ABC Family’s decision to pull the show. Don’t be. TV/Film Entertainment is a business. The show is and will remain a success.”

Brown posted a video on YouTube to express her feelings. Take a look…

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the actors? Are you upset that the show is over or just thankful that it survived for four seasons?

Canceled and renewed TV show

158 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rena says

Please, please bring back Lincoln Heights. I miss the show so much. And I bought the first season. And I want to buy the other seasons as well. Please, release them.

• Trish says

All 4 seasons are on YouTube, I am a huge fan of the show and I recently watched all 4 seasons for the 3rd time in a couple of years.

2. Rena says

I love and miss Lincoln Heights. Please, please bring it back. I just bought the first season. Please, release seasons 2,3, and 4. The fans deserve that!

• Kareemah says

This show needs to come back on i think if all the actors do something then maybe they will bring Lincoln Heights back because this is the best show ever.I no they are older but they can do it i believe all of them so someone do something

3. says

I really love lincoln heights and all it’s struggles and everything it stood for . It was real . Everyone could relate to it , no matter the race or age. I really hope that ABC would consider bringing it back if the cast would agree to it . It broke my heart to see that I wasn’t going to see Cassie and Charles get married . Or Tay continue his singing career or NateRay get help or Eddie and Jenn love each other oh so passionately or Lizzie perform in the play or Dayna and Jerome make something out if themselves or Eddies father grow fond and marry ms. Hammond . I really loved that show and the people that played in it. The Sutton family will always be remembered for its success . I believe they can come back on air because there is nothing a Sutton can’t do .

4. dorothy chaplin says

my mom always say if it is not broken then dont try to fix it and this was the best show that hit the tv.

5. April Stallworth says

I loved this show I feel like they should bring back Lincoln Heights because it was a outstanding show. I never missed any shows I pray that they will bring the show back, this a show worthy of a come back and if all the fans come together maybe we can get our favorite show back on the air. The cast crew was great like the others said I really do feel as if I know each one of them. PLEASE BRING THE SHOW BACK. (I REALLY MISS MY CHARLES):-)

6. Vette says

I really really love Lincoln Heights I watch all the episodes over and over again on neflix all the time. I am praying that they are able to come back on. I would love for my kids to see how some kids had to grow up and deal with things in life. Please fans let’s come together and try to bring this show back. The entire cast is wonderful love them all i feel like i know each one of them for real. So i am goint to keep praying that the show can return but if not thank you all for a wonderful 4 seasons and my God bless you all in everything you say and do always.

Love A Very Sincere Fan
    Mrs. Vette

7. Nikki15 says

I feel like they should bring back Lincoln Heights because it was a wonderful show great actors in a great story I missed a show as much as possible and I pray that they will bring the show back just like they did the game and other shows this a show worthy of a come back and if us fans come together maybe we can get our favorite show back on the air!!!!! :-)