Longmire: Season Three Ratings

Longmire TV show on A & E ratingsBased on the “Walt Longmire” mystery novels by Craig Johnson, Longmire has been a very successful TV series for A&E in the ratings. Will that trend continue? Will the show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

8/28 update: Longmire has been cancelled by A&E after three seasons. However…

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.52 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Longmire attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.7 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Buz September 19, 2014 at 7:43 am

A&E(Asshole Executives) screwed the pooch on this one…LONGMIRE was one of the best law enforcement shows I have seen in many years…I rarely watch a show live, this was one of the exceptions. I will block the Asshole Executives channel off so that nobody in my house watches their Dumb & Dumber shows anymore…already did that for other channels like NBC(Nothing But Crap). An intelligent network will see the Asshole Executives stupidity and pick LONGMIRE up…at least I hope so.

Caroleelainemiller&icloud.com September 17, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I can’t believe the ignorance of these people that have the nerve to take longmire off TV’s A&E because it is being enjoyed by the older generation . That takes nerve to openly show discrimination towards a group of people especially in today’s world when discrimination has been in the limelight (negatively). Would A&E have had the balls to cancel longmire because it has native Americans on it or if the leading characters were of other nationalizes. Once again the older generation is being punished because we had the nerve to actually enjoy a TV show that actually showed good moral character .

Michael Holloway September 14, 2014 at 10:57 pm

I can’t believe s0me idiot cancelled Longmire!!!! I looked forward to it all the time. For once a good family show is on the air and they cancel it. But it is OK to have some BS reality show like “nude dating” I will boycot A&N untill till it comes back. They say that it is because most of the viewers are elderly. They younger one are either on their cell phone or some stinking video game instead of watching TV. Here I come “Hallmark” and “TCM”. At least I won’t have to worry about buying anything that A&N advertisers sell. Someone will have to tell me if they decide to keep “Longmire” because I won’t be watching that channel to know. Bye.

Jeffery Parkes September 15, 2014 at 12:36 am

I feel the same way…
A boycott is a great way to let them know what a mistake they made.
I’ve put a perental block on it so it’s off the cable box, too bad I can’t have it taken off completely.

Frances September 15, 2014 at 5:02 pm

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Carole Cassio September 14, 2014 at 9:16 am

Major mistake! Longmire is the best show on A & E.
Just because the viewing audience happens to be a little older—by whose standards anyway!!! doesn’t mean a popular show should be cancelled. SHAME

Anonymous September 13, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Why would you cancel the best show on AMC, really stupid.

Denise September 13, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Don’t CANCEL Longmire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is a great show!!!!!!! It is just not on enough And it isn’t promoted enough!!! Everyone that has seen it loves it. The actors are great!! Love the story lines. I even read the books and bought the dvds. And have gotten family hooked on it. And the biggest plus is? IT ISN’T REALITY TV. Come on and wise Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave September 12, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Hope Longmire series continues. Loyal viewers are me and my wife, daughters and son-in-laws

Maria September 12, 2014 at 6:26 pm

This is a great show and I believed it’s viewed and liked by many. I do not understand the reason behind such a stupid decision to cancel it.

I agree with many of the comments as far as the Longmire is a great program, the cast are great actors and it’s one of few programs worth viewing. This program is not full of useless smut that usually adds no value to plot.

Come on A&E you need to really think this over. I just hope that someone else pick Longmire up.

Nancy Bobanich September 11, 2014 at 8:34 pm

You finally find a show you like and it gets canceled. I hate that since there is so little on that is worth watching. We are being bombarded with reality shows and they are not what I like. Give me a show with a good story line.

T Franco September 11, 2014 at 4:48 pm

What? Thats crazy….I really like this show!!!!! A&E reconsider!!!!!!!!!

Janet September 11, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I am all for boycotting A&E for canceling Longmire. I will not watch A&E anymore if they do not keep Longmire on. and I will block that channel so the kids can’t watch anything on A&E. Maybe FX can air Longmire since Sons of Anarchy is ending this season.

Doug White September 10, 2014 at 8:32 pm

I also can’t believe they are considering cancelling Longmire. It is a great show ,good writers and good acting . Maybe you need better sponsors to help support with the show.

snowdogmom September 11, 2014 at 9:01 am

It sounds like you haven’t heard that A&E HAS CANCELLED Longmire. Warner/Horizon and the producers are shopping Longmire around to see if another network will pick it up. The problem was not with the sponsors. Advertisers were lined up for Longmire. It was A&E. They did not have total ownership of Longmire only a percentage, Warner/Horizon owns it. A&E tried to strong arm Warner into selling Longmire to A&E Studios that’s why we only got 10 episodes for S3 and A&E did virtually no promotion. It’s all greed on A&E’s part. Many of us are boycotting A&E because of their total lack of support for quality scripted programming in favor of fake reality programming.

sylvia September 10, 2014 at 6:17 am

I can’t believe it if A&E cancels Longmier. It’s such a great show. They need to rethink.