Longmire: Season Three Ratings

Longmire TV show on A & E ratingsBased on the “Walt Longmire” mystery novels by Craig Johnson, Longmire has been a very successful TV series for A&E in the ratings. Will that trend continue? Will the show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.52 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Longmire attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.7 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

clobbersnoggin August 21, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Walt Longmire is da man ! y…..ou city slickers cancel anything good…..no wonder you can’t find sponsors.

Michael Drawdy August 21, 2014 at 10:02 pm

This is one of the best shows that A&E has aired in a long time. lt would be a shame for them to not renew it for another season. I am sure they would lose a lot of viewers if they did not renew it.

Catherine Symik August 21, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Love Walt & the entire cast. I agree with others that we need more shows like Longmire and I also which the season was longer. A & E must bring back Longmire for Season 4. I have my whole office watching it now.

dee tip August 21, 2014 at 11:28 am

renew it please, like everyone has stated, too many reality shows, music based shows and just plain crap, love Longmire

Brenda Burkham August 20, 2014 at 11:46 pm

I love the Longmire series. I hope it is renewed for many more seasons to come.

Larry Chaffin August 20, 2014 at 11:22 pm

The best season yet of Longmire except it was too short. This is a very good show. I sincerely hope it is renewed for another season.

Susie August 20, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Great series. I really enjoy this show, and hope it returns this fall. I know a lot of
my friends watch it. I live in Wyoming, and it is about realistic as they come.

Violet Tounsand August 20, 2014 at 11:47 pm

If Longmire isn’t renewed this year that leaves me with totally nothing to watch on your channel, because the new shows you are putting on are not interesting to older people just the young generation. I can’t stand tattooing and I don’t need the stupidity of so called celebrities making burgers, and I totally DETEST the Duck Dynesty. So if Longmire is gone, what’s left to watch?

Wyona Tucker August 20, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Season too short. By the time you find it is back on it is gone again.very confusing.

LAURA August 20, 2014 at 11:09 am

love this show. Hope it is renewed for another season

Linda August 19, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Love the show! Finally a show that is believable with interesting plots and characters that doesn’t rely on foul language, constant sexual references & situations for ratings. No wonder it is being cancelled, the best ones usually are. It’s a show that grows on you as you get to know the characters. I hope something will be done to save it, the network should give it more time. How about advertising? We found it by accident.

Gene r jones August 19, 2014 at 11:07 pm

found this show to be very exciting and very enjoyable,too many show with filth and over portrayed sex scenes, a& will lose me as a viewer from now on,

Mary Odham August 21, 2014 at 10:37 am

please keep show on.I really like it.