Longmire: Season Three Ratings

Longmire TV show on A & E ratingsBased on the “Walt Longmire” mystery novels by Craig Johnson, Longmire has been a very successful TV series for A&E in the ratings. Will that trend continue? Will the show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

8/28 update: Longmire has been cancelled by A&E after three seasons. However…

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.52 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Longmire attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.7 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Dee October 18, 2014 at 4:04 pm

CBS?! Of course! Now we know why!

George October 17, 2014 at 2:37 pm

I like Longmire I wouldn’t trade one episode of Longmire for any amount of zombie or other make believe stuff I see on every night I like shows with a little bit truth and believability

Dee October 18, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I agree! Those zombie movies can go hang, for all I care! Definite turnoff! I like Longmire. Seems like whenever a decent series comes on, some stupid “top-dog” is bought, and it is “canceled”.

Dee October 14, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Why is it that when a decent tv show is on, the powers that be can’t see it. But, let the Twilight series come on, and they are salivating!. Now we learn the female star, of Twilight, is “Anti-American” to say the least! Is that really the image that A&E wants to put forth? Let’s hope another channel will gladly take Longmire up! The “seasons” were indescribably short! Time to boycott anything advertised on A & E? Could be!

Terry October 9, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Longmire is an excellent show. Some of the best camera/scene work I believe that I have seen. Good story lines. An excellent American drama. Bring it back, please!

I will be watching it.

Tom October 8, 2014 at 12:09 pm

CBS save this show. Longmire best show ever

Rita October 7, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Love the show. Will be angry if it does not return. Please, I hope that someone finds a way to keep this show on the air!

Don Kemp October 4, 2014 at 1:27 am

I think A & E should think for one minute about what they are doing. The best show on T V is Longmire so why don’t you give it a good time slot on a good night and then look at it. I am so so feed up with the networks getting us to watch a show then pull the damn thing. In my line of work you need to think think and then think about what your doing as a whole before you decide !!!!
Have a nice day but leave Longmire…….

Ps. I hope you read this please

mack October 1, 2014 at 12:49 am

Take your storage lockers full of phony ducks and strange tats and keep them. Longmire will find a new home.

Linda Herrera September 26, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Of course T&E?, Trash & Entertainment? (fka A&E) is trying to back pedal for cancelling Longmire. Insulting their audience: apathetic to our wishes, and intelligence by giving such insulting viewing options. I’ve read they have had a flood of complaints. They even had to hire new operators to the take a flood of calls. Another website indicated this could be their worst PR problem. Ahhhh (*sniff, sniff*) I hope they fall flat on their greedy behinds. See what fka A&E say below:

“The issue with Longmire is more about the ownership than the age of the audience.” A&E declared. The studio model is broken and networks just aren’t able to monetize series that underperform in the key demos advertisers covet if they don’t own a piece of it.

Google it for verification. (Allow for my typos)

It still comes out to: we want to get rich and could care less how we do it. Firstly, I believe A&E set up Longmire for failure. They offered few episodes, was given a terrible time slot, and gave little promotion; I think they made up their minds about Longmire long before August.

So know our voices are being heard but not considered by T&E? But if one thing we Longmire fans have learned, don’t give without trying. So don’t stop voicing your opinion. I have never hoped so strongly that a wrongly-canceled show will continue – only on a network that actually appreciates and supports the gem they acquired. I feel this has become an issue, on so many levels, we should not sit idly by.

LongLiveLongmire