Longmire: Season Three Ratings

Longmire TV show on A & E ratingsBased on the “Walt Longmire” mystery novels by Craig Johnson, Longmire has been a very successful TV series for A&E in the ratings. Will that trend continue? Will the show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

For comparisons: The second season of Longmire attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.7 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Verna Cox July 31, 2014 at 1:18 pm

The show Longemire is the best show that A@E has ever aired. I think by all the comments about the show it is one show that is watched and I would like to see it as a regular show every day if possible! Do not cancel ,viewers will be upset! Thank you!

Mary Ann July 31, 2014 at 9:08 am

I am (but not surprised) that one person like Katee Sackoff can be the reason why such an intelligent and entertaining show would be the reason for Longmire to not be renewed for a 4th season….
If she is that unhappy then she can leave or she can be replaced…
I would really be upset to see this show fade to black with so many questions left unanswered and we still don’t know what the outcome of the last show will be…
I’ve seen a number of network shows fade to black with no clear ending and it was very disappointing…
I seen shows like Jag be dropped by NBC and picked up by CBS and run for another nine season…
I am keeping my fingers crossed and my hopes high that A & E will not let the fans who support these show down because of one person and renew it for a 4th season … or if A & E wants to be “dumb” and drop the show then some other cable or network will give Longmire a 4th season…

mickie riley July 31, 2014 at 7:51 am

I think they jammed two episodes in one last week. Too much going on. This is a lovely series that they seem to be rushing to end. I hope not. A&E has so many trashy shows now…this show has been one of quality.

Wendy Young July 31, 2014 at 5:23 am

Please renew. My daughter who has DISH loves it, she got me hooked on it after she asked me to record it for her during season 1. Love it.

Teddy July 30, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Katee Sackoff has been hinting that Longmire will not be renewed for a 4th season.

jodysan July 30, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Hope she is very wrong!

nemo f July 30, 2014 at 11:24 pm

from the promo I saw, it looks like Walt finds out who killed his wife in this season’s final episode. as a result, that series long story arc is finalized. Vic’s stalker is gone. story arc 2 solved. so they have finished off a few open questions so stick a fork in it, this show is done. the rest of the never ending story arcs that killed the show will be left unfinished.

snowdogmom July 31, 2014 at 7:23 am

It’s not done unless A&E makes another dumb move. If they do another network will be smart enough to pick it up. This one of the few good shows on now and more popular than alot of other shows that have been renewed or picked up by another network. Why don’t you go take your negativity elsewhere, your obvious not a fan. If you don’t like the show don’t watch.

nemo f July 31, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I am voicing valid reasons why people aren’t watching. and as a result, the ratings are dropping. dropping to the point where your favorite show will be canceled. so rather than admit that changes need to be made to increase viewership, you want to keep doing the same thing over and over that isn’t working.

and if you don’t like hearing other opinions, don’t come on an opinion forum. Also I don’t have to take my negativity elsewhere cause the last time I checked nobody appointed you hall monitor.

Dmrobinson464 July 30, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Where has she been hinting this? I heard they have until 8/31/14 to make a decision. Until then we still have hope.

snowdogmom July 31, 2014 at 7:36 am

Well last year the cast knew the status of a season 3 way before it was announced. I personally am getting sick of being jerked around by A&E. Just announce it one way or another. TNT has already announced the status of many of it’s summer shows that started after Longmire this season. The biggest mistake made by Warner Horizon and the producers was making a deal with A&E for Longmire. A&E’s programming is the worst and they are clueless what a good scripted drama is and the are driven purely by greed in the case of Longmire. I think Katee Sackoff has become a detriment to Longmire running off her mouth about hating the New Mexico climate, complaining about long working hours and being tired even though she finds the energy to fly back to LA or NOLA every weekend and party when she could be resting, complaining about the Dodge truck she drives on the show. Way to piss off a major sponsor of the show. Let her go back and make more crappy horror/macho/mindless movies. She can be replaced.

Meg Walker July 30, 2014 at 9:50 pm

LOVE my Longmire. MUST be back for season 4, 5, 6—100. This is my favorite show.

Curt Calder July 30, 2014 at 8:56 pm

I greatly enjoy this show. It reminds me of a modern Gun Smoke. The interaction of the characters makes it very realistic. I hope it continues next season.

Judy Marsh July 30, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I love Longmire, primarily because it is the only show on cable or primetime whose focus is on issues effecting First Nations People (Native Americans…..). Also, almost every episode brings current issues to light and educating viewers in the process.
Please, please renew Longmire for a 4th season!

Patti Jeffries July 30, 2014 at 3:37 pm

We love this show! We don’t get to stay up to watch it, but rather record it to watch it during the week. It needs to be renewed — or better yet, have more shows during the year!

D July 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Love the series. Found season one and two on Netflix. Do bring back this series. Quality series and acting.

quiltersammy July 30, 2014 at 9:06 am

This is a fabulous show with characters who seem real. We LOVE this show and featuring Native Americans is a plus. (Yes, we know Lou Diamond Phillips is NOT an Indian)!