Longmire: Cancelled by A&E, Season Four Still Possible?

Longmire ratingsA&E has cancelled Longmire after three seasons. The cable channel issued a statement that said, “We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of Longmire, along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling.”

Word is that Warner Horizon plans to shop the series to other outlets so a fourth season may still happen.

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

What do you think? Do you like Longmire? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season instead?

Wayne Bowman January 28, 2015 at 5:13 pm

This is a GREAT show. The best actors, stories on cable t.v. It would be a mistake to not renew this show

Wayne Bowman January 28, 2015 at 5:09 pm

This show is great. Great actors, great stories. What are the network people thinking.

Susan January 27, 2015 at 11:34 pm

What is it with the shows that have a great story line without lots of blood. guts and cussing? Yes, this show has a little blood and cuss words but tame compared to what is out there now. I LOVE THIS SHOW!! PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL.

Glenn Lemmons January 27, 2015 at 2:08 pm

What? Are the people at A&E gone insane one of the best shows in their lineup CANCELED I can’t believe it, then they are letting A streaming service pick it up. UNBELEIVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Claudia January 26, 2015 at 10:37 pm

I don’t usually leave comments, but I felt the need this time…I can’t see how A & English felt that the cast was to old,they are great actors.There are a few good shows on television today,Longmire is one of the few.And A& E give it the boot…
I guess in today’s world if the show is not filled with nudity and sex it’s considered no good. At least that’s the message I get from A & E.

Leilani Dunn January 26, 2015 at 3:04 pm

This is such a good show! There is not much on tv anymore, so please, keep this one on. I would like to see more of Lou Diamond Phillips also. I’ve been a big fan of his for a long time.

Dan Garrett January 25, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Very good show not afraid to tackle social issues such as racism head on. Hope it does find a home for another year. Don’t think Sheriff Longmiere is quite done ……yet.

barb January 24, 2015 at 10:13 pm

The one show I was looking forward to retuning. All the crap on tv these days is awful. It was a nice change from csi and zombis. Please bring it back.

Dean January 18, 2015 at 2:36 pm

It is a shame, that there are so many other things that a&e seems to think are worth watching, they keep on. But when they get something as good as Longmire they cancel, for instancd the walbergs, they are good actors but they must make enough money doing their other stuff, so leave a little room for the other good shows.

Bill Mack January 17, 2015 at 7:22 pm

One of the few great shows on tv

Spring Shaffer January 17, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I loved this shows story lines but there was so much unnecessary profanity.
Especially the female. It seems that the writers were so focused on making her into a woman with balls that they either don’t know that a lot of people are turned off with profanity and a woman with too much testosterone or don’t care. I don’t think that anyone would be offended and quit watching because people are not swearing. I loved the show but there was too much profanity. Words that aren’t normally used in family settings of the people that I know. If I am watching a show with adults and feel uncomfortable then I have to say no to the show. I love Robert Taylor and his character but …………

Anonymous January 17, 2015 at 7:17 pm

While I don’t like profanity either, I hear it so much, even from my own family members that I tune it out. I love Longmire show and will continue to watch it nonetheless. I love the characters and storylines, and sexual content is kept to a minimum. I’m really glad Netflix picked it up so we picked up Netflix. We’ve been re-watching Seasons 1 & 2 and hope they replay Season 3 at some point.

Anonymous January 17, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Whoever posts that there is too much profanity in Longmire; is not watching TV. It’s all over the place. This is one the most tame and entertaining shows that has been on TV for a long time. Profanity is not necessary; but it is all over the TV; and way too much in real life. The writing on this show is outstanding and tame compared to most of TV; in particular cable; and definitely compared to how quickly it’s posted and tolerated across the internet.

joe a. dinielli January 16, 2015 at 6:37 pm

I thought it was a great show…loved it ,i hope it can be run again

Joe January 15, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Im going to cancel A&E from my list of networks to view.If enough people follow through with this we can have a say in A&E’s future.