Major Crimes: Season Three Ratings

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 3 ratingsWhile Major Crimes hasn’t been nearly as successful as its predecessor, The Closer, the series has still done very well for TNT. Will it continue to be one of their most popular shows? Will this TV series be cancelled or renewed for season four? Stay tuned!

Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

7/18 update: TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a fourth season.

For comparisons: Season two of Major Crimes averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.74 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Marianne Nahodyl October 27, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I LOVE Major Crimes. I keep looking all over for it, hopefully I haven’t missed any episodes. Like to know when it will come back so I can end my searching. I love this just the same as The Closer.

Tina October 28, 2014 at 8:46 am

The second half of Season 3, Episode’s 11-19, returns November 24 at 9:00pm.
Only 4 more weeks!

It has already been renewed for Season 4 which will start in June 2015.

Dennis October 29, 2014 at 7:01 am

For all of you guys who like me LOVE MAJOR CRIMES–it RETURNS on MONDAY Novmber 24th for its NEW SEASON!!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Marilyn Vassallo October 29, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Major crimes is a great series. I look forward to its return. It is the only series I follow.
Otherwise, I do not need cable.

Janet October 20, 2014 at 11:46 am

I don’t understand why networks don’t announce that they are removing a show… they left us with a lot of unresolved issues on Major Crimes. Sure, it is (hopefully) coming back on, and soon, but why did they remove it in the first place? And with no notice? I didn’t know what was up. I hope it is coming back… one of my favorite shows, even more than the closer.

Tina October 20, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Don’t worry! It’s just on hiatus. TNT splits the season up into segments.
The summer run is from June-August for 10 episodes and they have 9 more winter episodes that run from November or December through January. (11/24 or 12/1 for the winter run for this year…not sure of the exact date as it hasn’t been announced yet.)
It has already been renwed for Season 4 for 15 episodes starting in June of 2015. Hopefully there will be an order for 4 more episodes in the spring as they have done in the past.

Marilyn September 20, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I have not been able to find Major Crimes on TV for the last three weeks. It was on TNT Comcast on Mondays at 8 and 9 pm. I can no longer find it anywhere.

Does anyone know what day and time it is now being broadcast? Does anyone know why it is no longer being broadcast on Comcast??

admin September 20, 2014 at 4:16 pm

There are nine episodes left in the season and they will be aired some time in the future. TNT hasn’t said exactly when yet.

Tina September 20, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Major Crimes will be back either on 11/24 or 12/1. They haven’t announced the date yet.

This is when a DVR comes in handy. You can set it to record the entire season so you don’t miss an episode. Then you can rewatch them while waiting for the show to return.
Season 4 has already been announced and will start in June of 2015.

Elaine Green August 30, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I look forward to Monday night at 9 pm EST to watching the show. I couldn’t imagine that I would enjoy a show more than The Closer. However, the wonderful writers have truly outdone themselves. I’ve spoken to others who feel the same. The scripts are so intense and the characters are truly entertaining.

Karen August 12, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Really enjoy Major Crimes and all the actors in it. But, please get rid of Rusty. Much too much of him. Takes away from the rest of the cast.

PatsyH August 9, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I love Major Crimes! It keeps getting better every season!

Jeri August 4, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Great show. Should continue!

Marie Thomas July 26, 2014 at 11:29 am

Really Really Liked the closer. But LOVE the way Major Crimes is developing. I was on the edge of my seat during the last episode. I consider that Episode GENIUS. My new favorite show is MAJOR CRIMES!!!!!!!! Hang in there!!!