Major Crimes: Season Three Ratings

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 3 ratingsWhile Major Crimes hasn’t been nearly as successful as its predecessor, The Closer, the series has still done very well for TNT. Will it continue to be one of their most popular shows? Will this TV series be cancelled or renewed for season four? Stay tuned!

Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

7/18 update: TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a fourth season.

Final season averages: 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.53 million total viewers.

For comparisons: Season two of Major Crimes averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.74 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Cheryl March 3, 2015 at 4:12 am

I like the show as well and I like Mary McDonnell’s method of solving the cases. I HATED her on The Closer…but then as a protagonist…great acting! The writing gets bogged down at times with too much of the soap opera of the show, try scaling it back a bit on all the story lines. When it takes forever for a resolution, I get bored and go watch something else.

Martin5 March 3, 2015 at 11:33 am

When is season three going to come out on DVD? Where can I purchase it?

Anne March 1, 2015 at 11:32 am

Please bring back Major Crimes. It is one of my favorite shows. I would like to know if it is coming back or not. Please let me know. Thanks

Tina March 1, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Major Crimes returns for a fourth season sometime in June. An exact return date hasn’t been released yet.

Daryl February 12, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Just watched 3 full seasons of Major Crimes, and I suspect season 4 will be its last. This, like The Closer, are supposed to be crime dramas. Closer succeeded in a believable way, with some personal/human issues superimposed on the side, contrary to Major Crimes. McDonnell and Sedgwick played well off each other in Closer, but on her own, McDonnell is less believable as a cop. And to keep the same “Stroh/gay kid” story going now for 3 yrs – and counting – is a huge yawn. His finale escape simply predictable. Inter-play of characters inferior to Closer, though it’s nice to see “Fritz” making occasional appearances. Lastly, and not to be offensive, there’s an undercurrent of “LAPD supports the gay community; look at our staff”. My bet: In season 4, the new gay cop protecting Rusty is either working with Stroh or makes a play for Rusty. We need The Closer back. Also miss Sgt. Gabriel. Had high hopes.

Daryl February 12, 2015 at 6:23 pm

I omitted the unbelievably of the ineffectual DA, or whatever, Rios. Maybe the writers can get some tips from the various Law & Order characters for authenticity.

Kathie February 8, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I didn’t even know Major Crimes had started up again last month. I never saw it advertised. I really like this show and have watched every one since the Closer ended. I will have to go on On Demand to watch the 2 shows from Jan 12th.

Jon Compagnone February 6, 2015 at 12:36 am

please bring major crimes back for another season, it is my favorite show of all time on television

Beth Laluk February 5, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Love this show please bring it back

Margaret February 3, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I really enjoy the show and hope it continues for many more seasons.

Susan Fleming January 31, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Love the show , Love the cast. Too few shows have the ability to change the prime character and stay popular Please keep it on the air

BETH January 28, 2015 at 1:36 am

this is the first time I’ve shared my opinion regarding any program. I wish this program were on everyday. the characters have real human depth, they seem real to me sometimes, I never thought THE CLOSER could be beat but this show evolves, enhances, exposes the human being. please do not end something so moving & irreplaceable. thank you & have a peaceful day.

Confused Fan January 15, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Why was a special master even appointed?

ROSE January 14, 2015 at 8:09 am

I love Major Crimes Please keep it going. My favorite show

Bonnie hobble January 13, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Leave rusty alone and keep him on the show

No more Rusty January 13, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Just kill off Rusty or send him away. Which kid spends all his time in a police station anyway. Annoying as hell!

Daryl February 12, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Couldn’t agree more. 3 yrs of that kid – and counting – is enough. Crime dramas are supposed to be just that; Major Crimes makes crime secondary to so many personal dramas. Initially, it was a tearful situation, but I’m not interested in seeing him graduate college.