Major Crimes: Season Three Ratings

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 3 ratingsWhile Major Crimes hasn’t been nearly as successful as its predecessor, The Closer, the series has still done very well for TNT. Will it continue to be one of their most popular shows? Will this TV series be cancelled or renewed for season four? Stay tuned!

Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

7/18 update: TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a fourth season.

Final season averages: 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.53 million total viewers.

For comparisons: Season two of Major Crimes averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.74 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

JoAnn March 27, 2015 at 3:05 pm

It should be renewed it’s a great show. Before this show, rizzoli and isles, the librarians, and perception I didn’t watch Tnt.It has become one of my favorite networks due to these shows so don’t cancel any of them!

Joey Benghiat March 23, 2015 at 2:21 am

major has to be brought back. I think there was chemistry between the actors than closure. There were so many tongue in check dialog. The characters were more dynamic.
BRING IT BACK, please.

Joey

Lynn March 22, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I think Major Crimes has lost the humor the Closer had…dealing with death and crime was interspersed with bits of humor that made the show more complete…even Brenda and her aching feet could take the bite out of a painful crime scene…I miss Pope, Gabriel, more of Fritz and of course Brenda Leigh…we bought the DVD collection of the 7 year run of “The Closer” and have nearly worn them out watching them over and over…James Duff please fix Major Crimes by putting a little humor back in the shows…Rusty should move on and Sharon could lighten up a little…does she ever smile without smirking…

Sierra March 22, 2015 at 5:25 pm

I so agree Lynn about the humor. It is lacking. I miss The Closer and I’m not living in the past I just had hoped for more from Major Crimes. Flynn and Provensa’s humor is lacking in the Closer and I miss Brenda’s parents. I doubt James Duff will change much. He has stated that Rusty is his favorite character and since James is gay they will not get rid of the Rusty character. I actually liked the Sharon character in The Closer and her and Brenda’s interactions and I loved when Sharon shot the perp with the bean bag gun. The character has lost something in Major Crimes. My only hope is the upcoming season will have episodes centered around some of the “guys”. I hope we get some of the Flynn and Provensa shenanigan’s back like The Closer episode when they tried to go to the Dodger game. Some of the best Major Crimes episodes are when Fritz makes and appearance.

Lynn March 22, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Yes Sierra, Flynn and Provenza had a really good relationship of humor and most of that was just by looking at each other…I also liked Sharon as a foil to Brenda Leigh but some how she just doesn’t quite have me convinced she is the right one to lead now…I like DDA Hobbs and think she should be used more…Sanchez is perfect even if he comes across too rough sometimes, he adds so much to the squad and they help keep him in check…Tau is great with all his knowledge, well I like all the squad…I heard they may add a Special Operations Bureau in which the guys would refer to them as the “s.o.b.’s” (abbreviation for the team) and even i could go along with that …if they could keep it “clean” name calling especially by Flynn and Provenza…

Sierra March 22, 2015 at 7:02 pm

I like all of the old team from The Closer and DDA Hobbs. The other DDA’s grate on me.
SOB was supposed to a spin off series for Jon Tenney but they had management shakeup at TNT and the new honchos are going for more edgy and gritty shows like Legends and Murder in the First so I don’t know if SOB is dead or not. I was hoping it would be a go with Jon and the blonde police women that reports to him. I liked her and their interaction. As I said when they were on Major Crimes I thought those were some of the best episodes. Kyra Sedgewick is executive producer of a new TNT show premiering this summer called Proof starting Jessica Beals. It’s a supernatural medical drama about what happens after you die. I was hoping it would sound good but I’m really not into medical dramas or the current wave of supernatural shows.

Lynn March 24, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Sierra..we are kind of on the same page..not into medical or supernatural stuff myself…guess we both along with my husband will be watching for Kyra’s new show and the new Major Crimes bunch…guess we can hope for the best…I hate change..haha

Robin Lee Searles March 19, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Major Crimes needs to come back!!! I am not in the demographic margin, I am beyond it and so is my fiancee’ and future mother-in-law. It is a really great show and we look forward to it. If ratings, for those who are in the demographic are low, try switching nights. Monday Night Football is tough to compete against. We did however, click between the game and the show. Try broadening the demographics more for those who grew up with having to get up and change the channels.

Sierre March 20, 2015 at 7:56 am

Major Crimes was renewed back in July for a 4th season that will start in June 2015. You’re complaining for nothing. It was one of the 1st TNT shows to be renewed for 2015. It states it was renewed in this post, I guess you didn’t read it.

cheryl March 17, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Bring major crimes back. Its a good show and one of few worth watch. There are more people in the world than the 18-49 group.

S . R. Colclough March 11, 2015 at 6:40 am

New major crimes was a long time coming to our uk screens and I only found it by accident as there were no announcements made in the media or on the tv.after having watched the whole series of the closer , I was devastated when it ended without the explanations of where pope and deputy chief Johnson disappeared to and was expecting a smooth transition into the major crimes series taking over in or around the same time slot. The programme has a great team of characters who all come over with that air of realism and I can not get enough of the episodes to watch and enjoy. Long May they continue , but if not I hope I can buy the series on DVD. Regards S.R.Colclough

Marilyn March 9, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Why does TNT show back to back to back to back epidsoles of Castle and not one time slot for either Major Crimes or The Closer?