Major Crimes: Season Three Ratings

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 3 ratingsWhile Major Crimes hasn’t been nearly as successful as its predecessor, The Closer, the series has still done very well for TNT. Will it continue to be one of their most popular shows? Will this TV series be cancelled or renewed for season four? Stay tuned!

Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

7/18 update: TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a fourth season.

For comparisons: Season two of Major Crimes averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.74 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Marilyn September 20, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I have not been able to find Major Crimes on TV for the last three weeks. It was on TNT Comcast on Mondays at 8 and 9 pm. I can no longer find it anywhere.

Does anyone know what day and time it is now being broadcast? Does anyone know why it is no longer being broadcast on Comcast??

admin September 20, 2014 at 4:16 pm

There are nine episodes left in the season and they will be aired some time in the future. TNT hasn’t said exactly when yet.

Tina September 20, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Major Crimes will be back either on 11/24 or 12/1. They haven’t announced the date yet.

This is when a DVR comes in handy. You can set it to record the entire season so you don’t miss an episode. Then you can rewatch them while waiting for the show to return.
Season 4 has already been announced and will start in June of 2015.

Elaine Green August 30, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I look forward to Monday night at 9 pm EST to watching the show. I couldn’t imagine that I would enjoy a show more than The Closer. However, the wonderful writers have truly outdone themselves. I’ve spoken to others who feel the same. The scripts are so intense and the characters are truly entertaining.

Karen August 12, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Really enjoy Major Crimes and all the actors in it. But, please get rid of Rusty. Much too much of him. Takes away from the rest of the cast.

PatsyH August 9, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I love Major Crimes! It keeps getting better every season!

Jeri August 4, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Great show. Should continue!

Marie Thomas July 26, 2014 at 11:29 am

Really Really Liked the closer. But LOVE the way Major Crimes is developing. I was on the edge of my seat during the last episode. I consider that Episode GENIUS. My new favorite show is MAJOR CRIMES!!!!!!!! Hang in there!!!