Major Crimes: Fourth Season Renewal for TNT Series

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 4Captain Sharon Raydor and her team will be back next summer. TNT has renewed their popular Major Crimes TV series for a fourth season of 16 episodes.

Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, noted, “Major Crimes continues to be one of the most enduring and popular crime-drama franchises on television.”

Airing on Monday nights, Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

So far, the current season has been averaging 4.98 million viewers each week, up about 5% when compared to season two’s ratings. There are 19 episodes in season three and only 10 of them have been scheduled for this summer so far.

Today, the cable channel also renewed The Last Ship and Falling Skies for next summer. The latter will return for its final season.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Are you glad that it’s coming back?

Jeanette October 26, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Look forward to season 4 and new who-done-it crime-solving. Send Rusty to college and get him out of the script. Woosie cry-babies have no place in a crime series. It’s a crime to keep this character. Ruins the series.

Maureen October 26, 2014 at 4:43 am

Absolutely love this show. Never missed ‘Closer’ and will watch these two show over and over. Never gets old. One of the best ‘Spin Offs’ ever. Agree re: the character of Rusty a bit overdone.

DEE October 26, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Major Crimes is one of the best on TV. Absolutely excited that there will be another season!!

Audrey October 24, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Love it, when does season 5 start?, I’ve bought all the seasons on Amazon…..I’m totally addicted

Rick October 21, 2014 at 8:07 am

We watch every show. But too much of Rusty. The sound recording of Mary is not good she needs to talk up. Like most crime shows female voices have a small echo. Ncis has too much music overlay.

betty alvey October 19, 2014 at 5:57 pm

am so looking forward to the new season of Major Crimes. Have never missed a single episode of it or its beginning, The Closer. Wish they could bring Brenda Lee in for at least one episode, I really miss her wit. The” if I wanted to be called a bitch to my face, I would still be married,” was a true classic. She could give Sharon some real tips on how to get rid of Jack lol.

John October 17, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Lose the Rusty. This a really good show that could only benefit by the absence of this sorry character. Let’s get back to some real detective work.

Dreama Cliborne October 15, 2014 at 2:59 pm

I am so glad Major Crimes is back TNT is my favorite channel and if my shows were cancelled then TNT would be nothing to me. I love Major Crimes and thank you for bringing it back.

Lauri October 14, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Love major crimes and cannot wait for the new season!

Mari October 13, 2014 at 4:20 am

I can not wait until the second half of season 3 comes back on. It is too long of a break. I would like to see more love interests for the guys of major crimes, more of how their job effects their families and personal lives. You can only catch so many bad guys.

barbara h. October 12, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I love all characters in Major Crimes. The show is funny as well as a good mystery.
I would be very disappointed if the show did not return. I was also a big fan of the Closer.

Carol October 12, 2014 at 9:55 am

One of the best crime shows on TV. We look forward to Monday nights and wouldn’t miss it. We are very pleased to see it returning for another season.

Barbara October 6, 2014 at 11:34 pm

I love Major Crimes, even better than The Closer. Characters are much stronger now and more complex. Great and realistic police drama, best on TV.