Major Crimes: Fourth Season Renewal for TNT Series

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 4Captain Sharon Raydor and her team will be back next summer. TNT has renewed their popular Major Crimes TV series for a fourth season of 16 episodes.

Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, noted, “Major Crimes continues to be one of the most enduring and popular crime-drama franchises on television.”

Airing on Monday nights, Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

So far, the current season has been averaging 4.98 million viewers each week, up about 5% when compared to season two’s ratings. There are 19 episodes in season three and only 10 of them have been scheduled for this summer so far.

Today, the cable channel also renewed The Last Ship and Falling Skies for next summer. The latter will return for its final season.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Are you glad that it’s coming back?

Canceled and renewed TV show

118 Comments · Read them below or add one

• DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER says

I LOVE MAJOR CRIMES !! I HOPE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT CALLING IT QUITS AFTER THE FOURTH SEASON. THERE ARE SO MANY AVENUES YOU COULD GO DOWN AND SO MANY SUB PLOTS YOU COULD EXPLORE. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FIFTH SEASON; SO THAT YOU COULD TIE UP ANY LOOSE ENDS; AND LEAVE YOUR AUDIENCE SATISFIED. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE ANDY & SHARON GET MARRIED. I’VE SAID IT AS MANY WAYS AS I KNOW HOW;KEEP MAJOR CRIMES ON THE AIR. THANK YOU , DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER

• DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER says

I HAVE NOT SAID THAT BEFORE. I THINK YOU HATE MAJOR CRIMES & THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE ERASED MY COMENTS THREE TIMES. YOU ARE VERY STUPID NOT TO RELAY A FANS MESSAGE !! T.N.T. WANTS TO KNOW WHAT THE PUBLIC THINKS; & WHO ARE YOU TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR ME. DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER

• DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER says

Sharon, I am really going to miss you, & the guys. Major Crimes is like a friend I visit every week. I have purchased season 1& 2; I am looking forward to season 3 & 4. Please keep me in touch if you are planning on doing another series or a play in the city . We have never met face to face but I feel like we are friends. I have been PRAYING for Major Crimes to hit at least 5 seasons; but I’ll take what I can get. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENRICHING MY LIFE. IN JESUS CHRIST’S HOLY NAME, DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER 6/6/2015

• DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER says

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!! I LOVE THIS SHOW & HATE TO SEE IT END. I WILL TREASURE MY 4 SEASONS OF MAJOR CRIMES. DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER

• DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER says

I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY HEART !!!!! THANK YOU FOR SEASON 4. I WILL TREASURE ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Anonymous says

I can’t wait for the best crime show on tnt. Next to Chicago PD, it’s a great show. I can remember when I could not stand Capt. Sharon Rayder. Now she’s the best on the show. Andy and Sharon, what a great story line. Rusty (Patrick) Louisiana proud!

2. Sally Murphy says

We are anxiously awaiting the new season of Major Crimes. It has enduring characters not found in other crime shows. Always interesting plots with twists and turns.

3. Karen S. says

Love Major Crimes. It would be wonderful if there could continue to be smart, savvy, interesting shows with a balance of dialogue and action still on the air. Please continue to keep Major Crimes on the air. Thank you!

4. says

A SHOW IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS WRITERS. I EXPECT GREAT SCRIPTS !!!! THEY HAVE SO MUCH TALENT ON THIS SHOW. THE MORE MYSTERIOUS THE BETTER; AFTER ALL THAT RUSTY HAS BEEN THROUGH ( DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE HIM GAY ) I THINK IT WOULD BE VERY POSITIVE IF HE LOOKED AT BOTH AND ALL SIGN’S ( PRO & CONS ) THEN MADE A DECISION TO GO STRAIGHT. WE ALL KNOW THAT SHARON LOVES HIM; & THAT RUSTY LOOKS UP TO THE SQUAD & RESPECT’S THEM. IF THE CLOUSER WAS A SUCCESS; MAJOR CRIMES COULD BE A BIGGER SUCCESS !! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SHARON & ANDY FALL IN LOVE, THEY BOTH DRSERVE TO BE HAPPY ! THERE IS SO MUCH YOU CAN DO WITH THIS SHOW. I WISH I COULD SIT AROUND THE TABLE & BRAINSTORM WITH YOU. YES ON RENEWAL / NO ON CANCELLATION DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER THANK YOU JAMES DUFF FOR HAVING SUCH INSIGHT & BE WILLING TO TAKE A NO BRAINER RISK !!! D. R. H.

5. says

WHEN I HEARD JAMES DUFF DECIDED TO MAKE A CROSS-OVER, CALLED MAJOR CRIMES; I WAS THRILLED. I LOVED THE CLOSER, CAST & ALL; BUT I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF TAKING THE SHOW FURTHER. THIS SHOW HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL THAT EVEN I COULD MAKE IT A HIT. YOU NEVER CONSIDER THE 30 TO 55 RAGE OF VIEWER.; THAT IS VERY SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE THROWING A DIAMOND IN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL ! EVERY CAST MEMBER IN MAJOR CRIMES EXCEPT 4 RUSTY IS AT LEAST 55 YEARS OR OLDER. I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASE VOLUMN 1 & 2 & WAS PLANNING ON PURCHASING ALL THE OTHERS YOU FILMED. THANK YOU, JAMES DUFF 4 BEING WILLING TO STEP OUT ON A NEW VENTURE NOBODY BUT YOU WAS WILLING TO TRY. I HOPE THE EXCETIVES OF T.N.T. WAKE UP TO THE REALIZATION THEY REALLY HAVE A GOLD MINE IN THEIR HANDS. I DON’T HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT THIS WORLD HAS BECOME; FOR A PERSON TO BE ABLE TO LOOK FORWARD TO A SPECIAL NIGHT OF THEIR FAVORITE T.V. SHOW ( MAJOR CRIMES ) IS VERY SPECIAL. THANK YOU JAMES DUFF & PLEASE SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT KEEPING MAJOR CRIMES ON THE AIR. SINCERELY, DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER

6. Pat Rodges says

Major rimes is both my and my husband’s favorite crime show. It’s intelligent, quick moving, pertinent in todays news and all of the cast members are great!