Major Crimes: Fourth Season Renewal for TNT Series

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 4Captain Sharon Raydor and her team will be back next summer. TNT has renewed their popular Major Crimes TV series for a fourth season of 16 episodes.

Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, noted, “Major Crimes continues to be one of the most enduring and popular crime-drama franchises on television.”

Airing on Monday nights, Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

So far, the current season has been averaging 4.98 million viewers each week, up about 5% when compared to season two’s ratings. There are 19 episodes in season three and only 10 of them have been scheduled for this summer so far.

Today, the cable channel also renewed The Last Ship and Falling Skies for next summer. The latter will return for its final season.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Are you glad that it’s coming back?

Mako April 3, 2015 at 7:56 am

Can’t wait for the new season!

Ken Stalls April 2, 2015 at 8:41 pm

I really like Major a rimes and hope for its soon return.
Wonder that might be?

Sally Murphy April 2, 2015 at 5:41 pm

We are anxiously awaiting the new season of Major Crimes. It has enduring characters not found in other crime shows. Always interesting plots with twists and turns.

Karen S. March 31, 2015 at 4:38 pm

Love Major Crimes. It would be wonderful if there could continue to be smart, savvy, interesting shows with a balance of dialogue and action still on the air. Please continue to keep Major Crimes on the air. Thank you!

DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER March 29, 2015 at 2:07 pm

A SHOW IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS WRITERS. I EXPECT GREAT SCRIPTS !!!! THEY HAVE SO MUCH TALENT ON THIS SHOW. THE MORE MYSTERIOUS THE BETTER; AFTER ALL THAT RUSTY HAS BEEN THROUGH ( DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE HIM GAY ) I THINK IT WOULD BE VERY POSITIVE IF HE LOOKED AT BOTH AND ALL SIGN’S ( PRO & CONS ) THEN MADE A DECISION TO GO STRAIGHT. WE ALL KNOW THAT SHARON LOVES HIM; & THAT RUSTY LOOKS UP TO THE SQUAD & RESPECT’S THEM. IF THE CLOUSER WAS A SUCCESS; MAJOR CRIMES COULD BE A BIGGER SUCCESS !! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SHARON & ANDY FALL IN LOVE, THEY BOTH DRSERVE TO BE HAPPY ! THERE IS SO MUCH YOU CAN DO WITH THIS SHOW. I WISH I COULD SIT AROUND THE TABLE & BRAINSTORM WITH YOU. YES ON RENEWAL / NO ON CANCELLATION DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER THANK YOU JAMES DUFF FOR HAVING SUCH INSIGHT & BE WILLING TO TAKE A NO BRAINER RISK !!! D. R. H.

DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER March 27, 2015 at 6:52 pm

WHEN I HEARD JAMES DUFF DECIDED TO MAKE A CROSS-OVER, CALLED MAJOR CRIMES; I WAS THRILLED. I LOVED THE CLOSER, CAST & ALL; BUT I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF TAKING THE SHOW FURTHER. THIS SHOW HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL THAT EVEN I COULD MAKE IT A HIT. YOU NEVER CONSIDER THE 30 TO 55 RAGE OF VIEWER.; THAT IS VERY SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE THROWING A DIAMOND IN THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL ! EVERY CAST MEMBER IN MAJOR CRIMES EXCEPT 4 RUSTY IS AT LEAST 55 YEARS OR OLDER. I HAVE ALREADY PURCHASE VOLUMN 1 & 2 & WAS PLANNING ON PURCHASING ALL THE OTHERS YOU FILMED. THANK YOU, JAMES DUFF 4 BEING WILLING TO STEP OUT ON A NEW VENTURE NOBODY BUT YOU WAS WILLING TO TRY. I HOPE THE EXCETIVES OF T.N.T. WAKE UP TO THE REALIZATION THEY REALLY HAVE A GOLD MINE IN THEIR HANDS. I DON’T HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT THIS WORLD HAS BECOME; FOR A PERSON TO BE ABLE TO LOOK FORWARD TO A SPECIAL NIGHT OF THEIR FAVORITE T.V. SHOW ( MAJOR CRIMES ) IS VERY SPECIAL. THANK YOU JAMES DUFF & PLEASE SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT KEEPING MAJOR CRIMES ON THE AIR. SINCERELY, DIANE ROSEMARY HUNTER

Pat Rodges March 27, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Major rimes is both my and my husband’s favorite crime show. It’s intelligent, quick moving, pertinent in todays news and all of the cast members are great!

Tori March 26, 2015 at 12:55 pm

I love MAJOR CRIMES !!!!! So glad it has been renewed. Hope for many seasons to come. Love the whole cast.