Falling Skies: Renewed for Fifth and Final Season on TNT

Falling Skies TV show on TNT endingTNT renewed Falling Skies for a fifth season of 10 episodes but that will be the end of the sci-fi series. TNT president Michael Wright said in a statement, “Falling Skies has begun an ambitious and thrilling story arc this summer as it sets the stage for next year’s climactic final season.”

On Falling Skies, the human resistance struggles for survival in the wake of a catastrophic alien invasion. The cast includes Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Drew Roy, Colin Cunningham, Connor Jessup, Maxim Knight, Sarah Sanguin Carter, Mpho Koaho, and Seychelle Gabriel.

While the series is still performing well for TNT, the (current) fourth season is down by 14% in viewership when compared to season three. The audience for Falling Skies has been declining since the first season when it averaged 4.7 million viewers each week.

The Last Ship and Major Crimes have also been renewed for next summer.

What do you think? Are you glad that Falling Skies will be back next summer? Do you agree with the decision to end it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

61 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Zi Pinsley says

I wish the fine characters of Falling Skies could continue for many more years. Even if they were able to destroy the Ispheni completely on Earth, there’s much more to tell–what happens w the Volm, how do they rebuild… this is one great show. I’d like it to go on for another decade at least, to be honest.

2. says

Have enjoyed the show through out it’s showing in season one. Thanks for a show with no unpleasant words for all the family to enjoy together. Sad that things have to end in this world so soon. Oh well. Keep um coming.

3. Helen says

My husband and I watch very little any more because shows just don’t have any appealing content. Falling Skies is the one thing we would not miss. Too bad it only has one more season. This could have been TNT’s Star Trek if they had stuck it out.

4. Anonymous says

I would love to see another time 2 seasons I think this show is better than the walking dead but no one else thinks so.

5. Larry Bristow says

Is that all the big wigs think about are ratings! They sure have enough money for stupid reality shows! Falling Skies is a great show, Let it go at least two more years! No web site. Thank you.

6. says

I’m glad their will be a finale to Falling Skies. Closure to a series is always welcomed. I just hope it won’t be some lame ending like the writers did with the series of LOST. It was pathetic… It was a total disaster and “lame” doesn’t ever begin to describe it. :(

7. June says

Hate seeing this end. You become so invested in the characters. I hope at least it completes all the story lines properly and doesn’t just end with them all walking to New Jersey as in Revolution, what the heck was that?

8. Gary says

It’s been a great series, always throwing up something new. I’d like to see at least another 2 seasons, I know Í’m not sick of it. It’s been one of the best sci fi series going around for a while. But as usual, when something is good, it’s ended before it should be.

9. Stenz says

Yes it should end. All dramatic stories should come to a planned end otherwise they spiral into ever more ridiculous plot lines. I agree this show has been great but it would be nice for the writers to wrap up all the story lines to give the audience completion, rather than be left hanging mid story when it finally gets canned.

10. Teresa says

Can’t believe this series is ending. Really enjoyed it but it seems the Aliens or us Earthlings are facing their final countdown you victory. Earth has to win!

• Shayne O says

Whilst it would be a bold and shocking move by the writers to have the humans lose completely, I doubt thats going to happen.