Falling Skies: Renewed for Fifth and Final Season on TNT

Falling Skies TV show on TNT endingTNT renewed Falling Skies for a fifth season of 10 episodes but that will be the end of the sci-fi series. TNT president Michael Wright said in a statement, “Falling Skies has begun an ambitious and thrilling story arc this summer as it sets the stage for next year’s climactic final season.”

On Falling Skies, the human resistance struggles for survival in the wake of a catastrophic alien invasion. The cast includes Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Drew Roy, Colin Cunningham, Connor Jessup, Maxim Knight, Sarah Sanguin Carter, Mpho Koaho, and Seychelle Gabriel.

While the series is still performing well for TNT, the (current) fourth season is down by 14% in viewership when compared to season three. The audience for Falling Skies has been declining since the first season when it averaged 4.7 million viewers each week.

The Last Ship and Major Crimes have also been renewed for next summer.

What do you think? Are you glad that Falling Skies will be back next summer? Do you agree with the decision to end it?

carol thompson October 31, 2014 at 8:05 pm

when does major crimes start on tnt also i love rusty

Karen Giorgi October 29, 2014 at 2:39 pm

This is a tragity losing another great show. All the shows that are REALLY good seem to constantly be cancelled. It’s the ones that you hate seeing the season end and count down the days for the new season to start. Always seems that those are the ones they cancel on us. And for what? Some stupid reality or talk show? Seems really pointless to start watching anything because they all turn into a letdown when they say they’re not coming back. And then for that last season they just throw a few things together and call it a show. Nothing compared to the edge gripping shows of the previous seasons. And the fanalies they come up with leave So Many unanswered questions that it almost makes you not even want to start any new series because you’ll never be given what your promised from the show. I really liked Falling Skies along with several Syfy shows but they are really disappointing me in the outcomes of all these shows.

Kevin October 17, 2014 at 5:07 pm

I just watched all four seasons via Amazon over a couple of weeks and was riveted from start to finish. I would like to know the outcome with as many loose ends finshed as possible.

By the way im in the UK where it hasn’t been aired yet

gMonkey October 9, 2014 at 10:00 am

S5 is something to look forward to. I agree with the viewing statistics and after a strong start with S1 it has slowed down considerably with more of the same each week. S4 was an improvement but all good things come to an end as they say.

Rodney Slone September 20, 2014 at 7:58 am

I didn’t watch this show until this season. I will defiantly watch the first three seasons on dvd as quick as I get a chance.

Dave Edwards September 19, 2014 at 9:44 am

Watching currently in the UK. I feel that its approaching a natural conclusion anyway. Hopefully the 5th series will be written from the first episode, knowing the ending -rather than as happens with cancelled series, gallop along then come to a rapid and unsatisfying conclusion. Anyone remember the original series of V ?

Ixon September 8, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Falling Skies could have been a great show. We got all good ingredients for a good Sci-Fy never ending show. But part of the main problem is its rhythm. Many episodes lack of interest and/or doesn’t bring new intrigue. Many very good episodes came out of nowhere and stalled into low interest happenings.
Actor’s performances although are globally great and allowed the audience to be submerged into the tragical story. However, when season third ended, I personally expected a strong and huge revenge war against the invader… And then, every direction the story would have taken would have been better than what season 4 brought: deception, the big fat fight never came. And steel hasn’t . This tv shows remains in a guerrilla like story telling… And what to say about unexploited hybrid character that steel has to prove why she is the show, or, what lack of realism allowed almost every member of the Mason’s family to be steel alive and well, so as most of seconds characters , or, the useless contribution of the “Alien Friends” that has the tech to travel out a space to do so few once on Earth…. Ok, ok I might be hitting to hard on Falling Skies, but I really understand why the audience felled apart. This serie has as many good things as bad things, and I won’t be surprised if season 5 drops a “what da f….. ?” Kind of ending . I mean, seriously just 10 episodes and that s it?? Well, it’s a disappointment all over again…
By the way, thanks Steeven Speilberg for , again, not listening to your staff and just do what lately you do best: ruin potentially incredible sci-fy stories. But who am I to judge, just a current sci fy dreamer… And sorry for my French because, well, I am French… Yep…. A sorry and sad French sci fy dreamer….

Jay September 8, 2014 at 5:39 pm

There are only a limited number of sci-fi shows on at any one time and this is what happens when we don’t support it as a group. You want to see more dancing with the stars and ghost hunters and stuff like that then don’t support the sci-fi programs. I’m sad that it is ending. I understand that all viewers are not going to like ever show and every season, but at least we have a sci-fi series to watch. Will anything even replace it? I also feel the producers and TNT have let the viewers down, first by cancelling the series, and two by not listening to feedback and trying to understand what shows people liked and why and what shows they didn’t like and why. I realize they can’t make everyone happy, but they could have tried to keep it going. If I had the money I would keep it on TV!

K September 7, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I have enjoyed this series and look forward to ot every year. I am saddened that there is only one more year. . I dont watch very mmuch television because i work about 68 hours a week. One its over i’ll have to read books again.