Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: Season One Ratings

marvels agents of shield ratingsIt’s clear that ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is the most-anticipated show of the season. Will it become a big ratings hit or will it be cancelled due to low ratings? We’ll have to wait to find out.

On Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and a highly specialized team investigate cases of individuals exhibiting superhuman abilities. The rest of the cast includes Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, and Elizabeth Henstridge.

5/8 update: Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for a second season by ABC.

Final season averages: 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.86 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the SHIELD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Vicky Bigby June 5, 2014 at 10:54 am

I’m glad the show is not cancelled. Thank you!

Vee May 15, 2014 at 8:03 am

Great show. and happy about its renewal. It was always going to be hard task to bring the MCU to smallscreen,

A bit lacking in 1st half and boom it goes to one helluva 2nd half of season! Loved how Ward`s character development turned it around in my opinion. Would love to see how s2 will intertwine his storyline with that of his previous bus mates (and his “significant other” ) Next season arc will surely flesh out Skye and OOC Coulson .

But all in in all great season end and a few kudos to writers and especially Brett Dalton & Bill Paxton for their depiction as the cardboard villains..was creepy and funny at times.
Looking forward to Sept!

Diascrive May 3, 2014 at 10:51 pm

With 20/20 hindsight we now understand that Shield was a bit handcuffed until Cap2: Winter Soldier was released. So suddenly Agents of Shield has gone from a silly, often seemingly pointless week to week oddity to appointment TV. For the 6 million (average) of us who have stuck around we have been rewarded with a riveting plot and character interaction that ABC can finally be proud of. The addition of BJ Britt, Bill Paxton and guest appearances by Cobie Smulders and Sam Jackson have also given a shot in the arm. Remember, Shield also goes up against 2 behemoths in the ratings war i.e. The Voice and NCIS – it was always going to be a tough hill to climb – but it has held its own and the final episodes have been amazing. I hope the Whedon’s continue with the late success and perhaps have a bridge between Cap2 and Avengers2. If you gave up on Shield, try it again – Everything Has Changed.

(Want to hear from you)
@diascrive

Robin May 8, 2014 at 8:04 am

I started watching the show because I thought it would be something my 13 yr. son and I could do together. Now I end up watching it alone because I get sick of waiting for him. I think the show is great and I love the characters. I just want to hug Fitz/Simmons. And when Skye got shot and we thought we would lose her. It was like watching one of my own fight for there life. I know this sounds crazy but these characters are so good that they suck you right in. You start to feel for them. This group is doing an amazing job. This is how a good actor is supposed to make you feel involved, emotionally connected. I hope ABC does not cancel this show. Because I think it would be a big mistake.

Nah May 14, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Marvel Studio apologists are always trying to make excuses. Just enjoy the show while it lasts and stop trying to hype it up to people who actually care about things like plot and characters. You’re not fooling anyone.

Emma May 2, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I love this show. It’s true that it started a little slow… but I loved the people in it and REALLY wanted to see how Coulson survived Loki’s staff so I continued to watch it and absolutely fell in love with it. I will be extremely disappointed if it gets cancelled. DON’T CANCEL IT ABC!

Gene Alan May 1, 2014 at 2:18 am

I’m not crazy about everything Marvel, but this show is great. It started off way too slow, but I liked some of the characters and so continued to watch. After the hiatus, the show came back like gangbusters. There’s no comparison to the intrigue of the show now and when it first started, it’s orders of magnitude better.

It should definitely be renewed as it’s turned into an awesome show. Coulson and Skye are outstanding. The others are good, but could use some more character development. Skye is excellent at her part and displays incredibly real and apropos emotion.

Keep it coming!

Anonymous June 9, 2014 at 9:18 am

I love this show and I hope it will be around for awhile