Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: Season One Ratings

marvels agents of shield ratingsIt’s clear that ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is the most-anticipated show of the season. Will it become a big ratings hit or will it be cancelled due to low ratings? We’ll have to wait to find out.

On Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and a highly specialized team investigate cases of individuals exhibiting superhuman abilities. The rest of the cast includes Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, and Elizabeth Henstridge.

4/16 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

What do you think? Do you like the SHIELD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

nemo f April 20, 2014 at 12:12 am

I was hoping that this was something I could watch with my tween son who is into star wars, iron man tech gadgets etc etc. He watched five or ten minutes of the first episode, got up and never came back.

Anonymous April 16, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I do like the how

Bob April 16, 2014 at 3:30 pm

“Mayday .. mayday … We are going down and not even Captain 2 can do anything to save us ” . The writers are desperate and they throw in anything to stirs up the show ( Remember the ” Family guy ” killed off the dog “Brian” and they got back fire ) in hoping the show will get pick up for second season but the rating is continuing to decline. This show should stand alone but instead it always tries to borrow the popularity of the movies ( Avenger, Thor, Captain 2 ) to survive . So much potential .. So much disappointment

Anonymous April 15, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I like the show

christine drinkard April 14, 2014 at 11:06 am

I’ve liked the show from the beginning accepting that it was a NEW NETWORK TV SHOW and NOT A MARVEL MOVIE nor a cable site with a cable budget. The show has improved with time. I think people have likely been unfair to this show expecting mini Avengers movies every week which is simply not possible, especiallyon network TV… I read an interview with Joss Wheadon staying that off it don’t make the network cut, it will continue on the internet.

KattyKit April 14, 2014 at 2:15 am

I enjoy the show and have since the beginning. I think that in this age of online shows and OnDemand, it’s pathetic that a network show is questioned about it’s value and continuity while it’s ratings are in flux, yet still maintains a constant viewership that wouldn’t even put it in question on a cable channel.

KDot420 April 10, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I watched a couple of episodes of this show and looking at the numbers, it looks like i made the right decision not to continue. Marvel movies with fun/comedy work very well, not so much on tv.

Jason Stoodley April 10, 2014 at 5:56 pm

There are problems with the writing, casting, acting, and special effects, but all of these are getting better. Normally I don’t like it when a series shifts from an adventure-a-week pattern to a continuous story line, but it is working for this show (at least if you don’t miss an episode). I am concerned though that too much misdirection and shocking reveals may ruin this good streak through fatigue and breaking what few emotional bonds they managed to forge over the course of this season. That stuff is working out so far but they can’t keep it up at this pace without alienating fans.

Anyway, in spite of its flaws I enjoy this series and hope it gets a second season.