Missing: Ratings for the 2011-12 TV Season

Missing TV showHere are the ratings for the Missing TV series — the TV show in which a former CIA Agent/mom (Ashley Judd) searches for her missing son. The first season of Missing typically airs Thursday nights at 8pm on the ABC network.

These are the TV show’s ratings for the 2011-12 season, the best way to tell if Missing will be cancelled or renewed for a second season. Check out our ABC ratings report card to see how this show’s numbers compare with the others on the network.

Final series averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.59 million total viewers.

Episode 01-10: Thursday, 05/17/12 (series finale)
1.3 in the demo (+18% episode-to-episode change) with 6.53 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.45 in the demo with 7.59 million.

UPDATE: Missing has been cancelled.

Episode 01-09: Thursday, 05/10/12
1.1 in the demo (-8% episode-to-episode change) with 6.37 million; fifth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.47 in the demo with 7.70 million.

Episode 01-08: Thursday, 05/03/12
1.2 in the demo (-14% episode-to-episode change) with 6.32 million; tied for fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.51 in the demo with 7.87 million.

Episode 01-07: Thursday, 04/26/12
1.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 6.98 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.56 in the demo with 8.09 million.

Episode 01-06: Thursday, 04/19/12
1.4 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.23 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.58 in the demo with 8.28 million.

Episode 01-05: Thursday, 04/12/12
1.4 in the demo (-7% episode-to-episode change) with 7.91 million; tied for third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.62 in the demo with 8.49 million.

Episode 01-04: Thursday, 04/05/12
1.5 in the demo (0% episode-to-episode change) with 7.24 million; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.68 in the demo with 8.63 million.

Episode 01-03: Thursday, 03/29/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% episode-to-episode change) with 7.87 million; fourth in the timeslot.
Season average: 1.73 in the demo with 9.09 million.

Episode 01-02: Thursday, 03/22/12
1.6 in the demo (-24% episode-to-episode change) with 8.81 million; fourth place at 8pm, third at 8:30pm.
Season average: 1.85 in the demo with 9.71 million.

Episode 01-01: Thursday, 03/15/12
2.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.60 million total viewers; third in the timeslot.
Season average: 2.10 in the demo with 10.60 million.

It was an okay start for Ashley Judd and company. Former occupant Wipeout had been attracting a 1.5 in the demo and it’s of course important to remember that the debut was opposite American Idol. In the fall, Charlie’s Angels also debuted in the 8pm timeslot with a 2.1 in the demo and was cancelled not too long afterward because the numbers dwindled downward. Will the same happen to Missing? Stay tuned.

What do you think? Do you like the Missing TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Anonymous September 11, 2012 at 3:36 pm

KEEP MISSING GOING

JUDY September 11, 2012 at 12:14 pm

BRING MISSING BACK WE WANT IT BACK AND WE WANT IT BACK NOW I LOVE THAT SHOW

Melissa September 10, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Oh my god I can’t believe that they canceled Missing.. I’ve been so looking forward to the second season that it really stinks.. I to hope that another network picks up the show since all they have is crap on t.v.

Salma September 9, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I love this show it is exciting and interesting, I always look forward to watching it, please don”t cancel it

Jan. September 9, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Missing was a wonderful show – you need to bring it back!!!”

Liz September 5, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I loved this show!!!! Man every time I get going with a great show it get’s cancelled uuugggghhh you suck!

Melissa September 1, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I cant believe this show is cancelled I LOVED it!! Am very cant disapointed it is not coming back. It cant end this way all the garbage on tv and you all take off something good PLEASE bring Missing back.

mary anderson August 30, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I was extremely disappointed that ABC cancelled Missing, Every episode kept you on the edge of your chair. What a mistake, ABC cancelling the day time drama’s AMC and OLTL, now missing, Won’t be watching ABC much this season.

john August 16, 2012 at 3:34 am

are you out of your mind ABC what show do you have that is any better then this show ?

b hartman August 6, 2012 at 10:51 am

There is so much crap on TV, and even most commercials are all sexually referenced it is unbelievable to me that the good stuff gets cancelled. Everytime we find a decent show to follow and watch you take it off the air for some stupid show that makes so sense, is not funny or is completely sexual overtones. Missing was a great show, full of drama and action and suspense. Ashley and the cast was fresh air for TV. Bring regular TV back and the ratings will improve.

Anonymous July 21, 2012 at 11:15 am

Love Ashley Judd. This show was good.

Olga Ceballos July 21, 2012 at 11:09 am

CANCEL EVERYTHING BUT NOT MISSING,, I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT MISSING……….

Jan Broome July 19, 2012 at 9:48 am

Missing was one of the best shows on TV! It was presented more like a movie and Ashley Judd was just great. The other actors were also top rated in my book. The end of the series left it open for another season and I definitely think this show should be renewed, whether on ABC or another network. This show had everything == Action, suspense, romance, humor.. Cancel something else and keep MISSING, PLEASE.

Janice griffin July 13, 2012 at 6:11 am

This was such a great show. I hope some other network picks it up. Seriously there are too many csi shows etc. finally a good one comes along and abc cancels. Are they crazy? Perhaps I won’t watch abc anymore.

Kathy July 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Everything about this show worked. What’s the matter with ABC? They keep the same old shows on tv. I’m sick and tired of the Bachelor, the cop shows, the ridiculous reality shows, and the stupid comedies that have more commercials than programming. This show was GOOD. It was filled with suspense, romance, action, and some humor. I’d love to see another station pick it up, air it on a favorable time slot, and watch the ratings soar. Let ABC keep airing the old and tired…

Melissa September 1, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I agree I hope another network picks up missing. Im shocked it got cancelled soooo sad .