Rake: Greg Kinnear TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Rake ratingsFOX has officially cancelled the Rake TV series. The news comes as no surprise and leaves the dark comedy with one episode unaired.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The show got off to a poor start on Thursday, January 23rd, and the ratings dropped lower in subsequent weeks. After seven episodes, the network sent the series to Friday night where the ratings got much worse — even by Friday night standards. FOX aired two more installments on a Saturday night and has yet to release the final episode.

What do you think? Do you think this show sould have been cancelled? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Rake?

Debbie September 27, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Bummer! The only crime show I ever enjoyed. It wasn’t the same ole, same ole, done to death crime series.

Susan M September 25, 2014 at 11:52 am

I really liked the show. I don’t think they gave it a chance . Seems once time slots are moved around, it usually “dooms” the show. With all the SOS reality shows, this was a nice alternative and Greg was great. Fox is not winning any points with me on this bad call.
Maybe another better door will open for one of my favorite actors that is under rated in my opinion….I 1st saw him on Talk soup and no one has ever been able to replace his talent…..Good Luck Greg!! I love ya!

Anonymous September 24, 2014 at 5:48 pm

This show was awesome !!!!! I love Greg Kinnear!!!! I have been a fan of his for a long time. I hate that they don’t give good shows time to get better.

M JENNINGS September 22, 2014 at 6:59 pm

CANCELLING RAKE IS JUST WRONG WRONG WRONG.
IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO CHANGE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SO ANNOYING I’M GOING TO STOP WATCHING THE FOX CHANNEL OUT OF PROTEST.

I WANT TO BUY SEASON ONE ON DVD. IS IT GOING TO BE AVAILABLE?

MJ

Cheryl September 22, 2014 at 3:06 pm

I think Fox made a big mistake cancelling this show. I loved it and so did many of my friends. It was a little different than the usual drama shows like CSI and NCIS and Blue Bloods. I am a middle age woman and find Greg Kinnear just as sexy as Tom Selleck!!!!!

Steve September 20, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Don’t understand the whole ratings thing. Every time a show comes out that’s outside the usual mainstream BS, it gets cancelled.

Rake was an extremely entertaining show, & while not for everyone (what show is), it had some really great angles to it (although screwing his BFF’s wife was definitely uncool).

Another good show hits the dust, probably to be replaced by formula programming like CSI.

Lance September 20, 2014 at 5:00 am

I found Rake to be about the best sow on TV. The only one I ever really bothered to watch more than once. Was just searching the web to see was there a fourth series. Very disappointed to read what I read. Every one I have ever asked loved Rake. Fox politics I guess.