Rake: Greg Kinnear TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Rake ratingsFOX has officially cancelled the Rake TV series. The news comes as no surprise and leaves the dark comedy with one episode unaired.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The show got off to a poor start on Thursday, January 23rd, and the ratings dropped lower in subsequent weeks. After seven episodes, the network sent the series to Friday night where the ratings got much worse — even by Friday night standards. FOX aired two more installments on a Saturday night and has yet to release the final episode.

What do you think? Do you think this show sould have been cancelled? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Rake?

Sue April 20, 2015 at 11:12 pm

I really enjoyed the show and am disappointed it was canceled. I thought Greg Kinnear was great and it was so unique.

Anonymous April 13, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Why do they continue to cancel smart and creatively funny shows???? Let’s do some more assinine , screaming, obnoxious garbage.

Lorely Roxenber April 12, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Right decision. Series were awful. Australian original – Forever. Cleaver Greene is the best.

Anonymous March 22, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Maybe if it wan on another network it was gonna be great maybe people just hate fox. I loved RAKE

JJ March 17, 2015 at 1:09 pm

We loved it

Anonymous March 15, 2015 at 4:22 pm

I liked the show, I thought it was pretty good

m warburton March 13, 2015 at 6:18 pm

We loved this show. We were really disappointed when it was cancelled. Could it have been something to do with the rottwieler?

Chad Johnson March 9, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Considering that AMC has almost the same exact show on the air with good ratings called, ‘Better call Saul’. It wasn’t a bad concept. Too bad they canceled it, but it wasn’t the show’s fault.

A.L. March 5, 2015 at 8:08 pm

I kept waiting for Rake to reappear this year. It was real, original, funny, and very sexy and believable all at the same time it was lowing ground reaped and tilled to death by scores of other shows. And it was on free tv. As Betty writes above, one of the best shows I saw. Sorry…. we need another confrontational reality show to entertain the brain dead masses.

generation 5 April 17, 2015 at 11:53 am

I was waiting also for rakes return. This really blows

Wendy February 28, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Too bad ‘Rake’ got cancelled. Kinnear played a funny & believable character. The actors were in sync and the show was entertaining. If Friday night didn’t attract an audience then at least another night should’ve been considered before canceling ‘Rake’.

M. Mill February 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm

I’m very Sad the Rake TV s on FOX will not return. That was a strong Funny show! It just too Bad

Karen February 26, 2015 at 1:39 pm

I loved the show. Something original. Why not cancel some of the lame shows they still air — Last Man Standing for one. None of the story lines are original on that show. Rake should be on a different night–not Friday.

Debbie & Peter Sole February 24, 2015 at 2:14 am

We thought the programme was one of the most humorous and entertaining Australian shows we have ever seen. are very disappointed that there will not be a second season.
Why doesn’t the Australian audience support their own industry? By the way we are kiwis. bring back Cleaver Green

Laurence Clark March 4, 2015 at 11:11 pm

It’s the American copy, a pale shadow of the Australian version, that has been cancelled. I agree with you about the Australian show, which ran for 3 seasons and was very entertaining. The Cleaver Green character is based on a real person, and some of the plot lines happened in real life.

betty scott February 2, 2015 at 9:26 am

I LOVED the series Rake. Can’t believe it’s cancelled!! One of the very best shows I ever saw.