Rake: Greg Kinnear TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Rake ratingsFOX has officially cancelled the Rake TV series. The news comes as no surprise and leaves the dark comedy with one episode unaired.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The show got off to a poor start on Thursday, January 23rd, and the ratings dropped lower in subsequent weeks. After seven episodes, the network sent the series to Friday night where the ratings got much worse — even by Friday night standards. FOX aired two more installments on a Saturday night and has yet to release the final episode.

What do you think? Do you think this show sould have been cancelled? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Rake?

RSNY August 21, 2014 at 7:15 am

My wife and I loved Rake. Greg Kinnear is great and stories are fun with interesting side plots and twists. This shoe should be on Showtime which will give it a bit more latitude with the content, language, skin and material. This is really a shame since you were just starting to delve into the characters’ personalities. You should think about revisiting this one. Kinnear is really an excellent actor.

P Cashman August 19, 2014 at 5:47 pm

We loved Rake and really enjoyed the show and the characters. We will really miss it

Tinkerbell August 15, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I love the show very disappointed that it’s cancelled we love Greg Kinnear hey so talented and down to earth believe that he is the character he plays I think it’s a bad move for Fox to cancel it we don’t care what night is fine but that was an awesome show and a big disappointment that it’s gone

Jeff in NJ August 15, 2014 at 12:02 am

I liked the show, I thought it had quirky interesting characters and great dialogue. Greg is so likable he deserves his own show. The writing was good and the acting and characters were very good. I don’t like that many TV shows, but this one claught my attention. Very sorry to see the show go.

Anonymous August 11, 2014 at 10:16 pm

We really enjoyed the show; well written and excellent acting. It was fun, fresh and different. Kept on hoping we’d see it back, but checked the web and found to our disappointment – it’s cancelled. Bummer…….

wendy August 11, 2014 at 10:18 am

I love this show so sad it is gone.

GJinPA August 10, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I enjoyed the series”Rake”. It was fun and different from other shows. Greg Kinnear was perfect in the role. He was “the poor soul” of 21st Century. I miss the program very much.