Rake: Greg Kinnear TV Show Cancelled by FOX

Rake ratingsFOX has officially cancelled the Rake TV series. The news comes as no surprise and leaves the dark comedy with one episode unaired.

Rake follows a lawyer (Greg Kinnear) who tries to do good but just can’t seem to get beyond his numerous addictions that cause him so much trouble. The cast also includes John Ortiz, Necar Zadegan, Bojana Novakovic, David Harbour, Tara Summers, Miranda Otto, and Ian Colletti.

The show got off to a poor start on Thursday, January 23rd, and the ratings dropped lower in subsequent weeks. After seven episodes, the network sent the series to Friday night where the ratings got much worse — even by Friday night standards. FOX aired two more installments on a Saturday night and has yet to release the final episode.

What do you think? Do you think this show sould have been cancelled? Are you sorry that there won’t be a second season of Rake?

Cecile October 30, 2014 at 12:55 pm

This was such a good show, I can’t believe it was canceled!

W. October 29, 2014 at 6:20 am

Great show!!! I guess the mindless zealot’s won!

Chris October 26, 2014 at 5:03 am

It was offbeat , funny, he was self destructive but always managed to be a good friend or do the right thing. Very close look at life with an unconventional view.

Great actors and well written. I will miss it.

Cookie October 25, 2014 at 10:03 pm

It was great, bad idea to cancel

Hays October 23, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I loved the show, and wished they hadn’t cancelled it! I kept wanting to see how much more he was going to mess up!

Leon Harrison October 21, 2014 at 7:05 pm

DAMN! Like “Almost Human”, “The Good Guys”, “The Neighbors”, “Pushing up Daisies”, cancelled after one damned season and not given a chance for character and plot development with character interaction; although “Rake” did a lot with one season. It was clever and cute and educational too, witty and funny.

Anonymous October 18, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Show was great…I loved it. Want more!!!

Judi October 16, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Love this show. I can’t believe how they don’t give these new shows a chance.

Anonymous October 16, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I watched all 16 episodes of the Australian production twice on Netflix. Best series I’ve seen lately. The lead actor so becomes a total Rake and bounder. Was really looking forward to the American series and now see they’ve cancelled it without releasing to final episode. What a shame.

m patricia starr October 13, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I agree. The concept was fresh, the characters offbeat and interesting, the plots inventive. Why not cancel it without allowing it time to grow a fan base so another inane “reality” show can insult our intelligence.

dave October 12, 2014 at 12:51 pm

This show was great . Put it up in another time slot and it will get better ratings for sure . Greg Kinnear is a very clever actor who deserves a chance to let the character grow . Yet another show being dumped to probably make room for some stupid reality show . I mean really , Dating Naked , Naked and Alone , anything Hillibilly , Honey Boo Boo , come on , some of us would like a little quality entertainment . I guess that’s why Netflix and computer downloads are so popular these days , tv executives are making too many poor decisions .

Gemma October 12, 2014 at 7:16 pm

You are right on the money, so sick of the crap that’s on TV, loved this program!