Red Widow: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Red Widow to be canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the season finale of Red Widow since ABC ordered just eight episodes of the series. Is this the end? Will the drama be back for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those unfamiliar with the show, Red Widow revolves around a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her husband’s work in organized crime after his death. The large cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing a second season renewal for Red Widow. The show’s ratings were poor at the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating with 7.13 million viewers — and have gotten a lot worse as the weeks have worn on.

Last week’s numbers fell to a new low — a 0.7 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 3.47 million total viewers. Red Widow is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network, ensuring that ABC won’t be bringing it back next season.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew the drama or are they justified in cancelling it? Are you satisfied with the last episode? How would you wrap up the storylines?

Canceled and renewed TV show

329 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Shana says

Please do not cancel this show!! I also see tons if story lines here!! A possible romance with Marta and Schiller?? One of the best shows! Needs better marketing to up he ratings!! Please bring it back!!

2. Connie Nichols says

You just gotta bring Red Widow back again and again Schiller is the best character him and Marta have to hook up ….love it love it can’t Waite to watch every week

3. Stacy says

I want more !! Better than once upon a time ! Come on.. Make a movie series with same caters !!!

4. Dan says

Canceling this show would be the equivalent of canceling friends, Seinfeld or greys anatomy after their first season. Me and my wife have been hooked ever since we saw the pilot maybe they would have had better ratings if abc advertised it right they had a real winner here

5. Naomi says

First I would like to thank ABC for showing the last two episode. Why is there a cliffhanger? Now the show has to come back. We waited weeks for the last two episodes and you gave us a what happens next moment. I can see really good storylines. Please bring it back!

6. Anonymous says

Please give this show a second chance!!!! It is just getting started!!!! Over time, the chemistry between all of the characters will continue to build and become even more intense! I really enjoyed this show and anticipate seeing Shiller’s character unfold! Just because it’s not a “reality” show or one w/out a NCI…whatever attached to it doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there that LOVE this show!!!

7. Jen says

Please do not cancel this show! It’s my favorite and trust me I watch a lot of shows! Great characters and the writing is excellent… Please renew!!!

8. lynn says

I really like this show. I can imagine all kinds of things to happen with the Russians, if we get season 2. So many possibilities with this one with the right writers, so do not cancel.

Just pump up the story lines and get it up to par with The Americans (also Russians). The cast is great talent, so get us some super scripts for these guys to read. I like the characters and the show. Don’t cancel it, just rev it up!

9. Kristen says

I would hate to see Red Widow go, it’s a awesome show. They need to put it in a different time slot and see if that will help the ratings instead of canning every new show they put in that time slot.

10. Mindy says

Really Enjoyed this show. I think that Schiller and Marta need to join forces because the Russians are coming for them, and I totally think it needs a 2nd Season. I’m twisted and I think though Schiller is a bad man, I would love to see he and Marta together….