Red Widow: To Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Red Widow to be canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the season finale of Red Widow since ABC ordered just eight episodes of the series. Is this the end? Will the drama be back for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

For those unfamiliar with the show, Red Widow revolves around a San Francisco housewife and mother who finds herself forced to continue her husband’s work in organized crime after his death. The large cast includes Radha Mitchell, Clifton Collins Jr., Luke Goss, Sterling Beaumon, Suleka Mathew, Erin Moriarty, Jaime Ray Newman, Jakob Salvati, Lee Tergesen, Wil Traval, Rade Serbedzija, and Goran Visnjic.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’ll be seeing a second season renewal for Red Widow. The show’s ratings were poor at the start — debuting to a 1.5 demo rating with 7.13 million viewers — and have gotten a lot worse as the weeks have worn on.

Last week’s numbers fell to a new low — a 0.7 rating in the coveted 18-49 demographic with 3.47 million total viewers. Red Widow is one of the lowest-rated shows on the network, ensuring that ABC won’t be bringing it back next season.

But, what do you think? Should ABC renew the drama or are they justified in cancelling it? Are you satisfied with the last episode? How would you wrap up the storylines?

Shana May 7, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Please do not cancel this show!! I also see tons if story lines here!! A possible romance with Marta and Schiller?? One of the best shows! Needs better marketing to up he ratings!! Please bring it back!!

Connie Nichols May 7, 2013 at 10:53 pm

You just gotta bring Red Widow back again and again Schiller is the best character him and Marta have to hook up ….love it love it can’t Waite to watch every week

Stacy May 7, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Same acters !! Better than dance moms ???

Stacy May 7, 2013 at 9:09 pm

I want more !! Better than once upon a time ! Come on.. Make a movie series with same caters !!!

Dan May 7, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Canceling this show would be the equivalent of canceling friends, Seinfeld or greys anatomy after their first season. Me and my wife have been hooked ever since we saw the pilot maybe they would have had better ratings if abc advertised it right they had a real winner here

Deena May 7, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Love the show! Have watched every episode. Hope it doesn’t get canceled.

Naomi May 7, 2013 at 6:58 pm

First I would like to thank ABC for showing the last two episode. Why is there a cliffhanger? Now the show has to come back. We waited weeks for the last two episodes and you gave us a what happens next moment. I can see really good storylines. Please bring it back!

Anonymous May 7, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Please give this show a second chance!!!! It is just getting started!!!! Over time, the chemistry between all of the characters will continue to build and become even more intense! I really enjoyed this show and anticipate seeing Shiller’s character unfold! Just because it’s not a “reality” show or one w/out a NCI…whatever attached to it doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there that LOVE this show!!!

Anonymous May 8, 2013 at 12:31 am

Please give a chance love this show

Jen May 7, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Please do not cancel this show! It’s my favorite and trust me I watch a lot of shows! Great characters and the writing is excellent… Please renew!!!

lynn May 7, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I really like this show. I can imagine all kinds of things to happen with the Russians, if we get season 2. So many possibilities with this one with the right writers, so do not cancel.

Just pump up the story lines and get it up to par with The Americans (also Russians). The cast is great talent, so get us some super scripts for these guys to read. I like the characters and the show. Don’t cancel it, just rev it up!

Anonymous May 7, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Kruger is better in movies.

Chris May 7, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Love this show! It’s more like watching a movie than a TV show. Please bring it back!

Kristen May 7, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I would hate to see Red Widow go, it’s a awesome show. They need to put it in a different time slot and see if that will help the ratings instead of canning every new show they put in that time slot.

Mindy May 7, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Really Enjoyed this show. I think that Schiller and Marta need to join forces because the Russians are coming for them, and I totally think it needs a 2nd Season. I’m twisted and I think though Schiller is a bad man, I would love to see he and Marta together….

Angela May 7, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Please renew this show! Has tons of potential.