Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Dawn August 25, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Revolution is cancelled, are they nuts!?! If it was about a gay couple or a mixed nationality couple it would survive but this show was too entertaining to survive! What a shame, there are very few shows that I watch on channels 2,4 and 7 . They seem to be all reality or the above mentioned. This is why I don’t watch the dull channels. What’s next are they going to cancel the “Blacklist”?

Rickard August 22, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Ok, revolution may not have been the best series on television. I myself thought the first season was ok but not more than that. What made me keep watching was to see if they could get the power on again. Meanwhile, the characters grewon me and I felt it was getting really ok to watch. The last five episodes and especially the last program in the first season was really really good. I began to long for the second season Think it’s really bad we dont get a third o concluding season.
Now I really love all the characters and the fight between Miles o Monroe is really good. Hope you can change your decision o give us a worthy end to the series. You can make up 12 episodes to satisfy us viewers. You owe us and the crew that….

Best regards Rickard from Sweden

Michael August 21, 2014 at 5:08 pm

The show was great, the middle of the season slowed a bit but it had a good ending. I have always hated when networks cancel a show before it’s truly over. How can you just end it there. I think it should be re-newed for another season or another network should pick it up and continue.

TV Snob August 21, 2014 at 4:18 am

Noooooo! Me and my father bond over this show.

TV Snob August 21, 2014 at 4:24 am

I wish cancelled shows would start the trend of having the head writer send out a 1 pg story arch of what they hoped for the remainder of a series!

Scoobs August 18, 2014 at 4:54 pm

I cant believe CBS has done it again…wth is wrong with you people…I’m so glad the walking dead is not on your station….I’ve been waiting and waiting for next season to find out you cancelled it because 3.78 MILLION viewers is not enough for you….whatever… I will stick with netflix..and ABC and Fox…yall are really starting to piss alot of people off and you will not have anyone watching your station because you think a show doesnt get the ratings you want…WE WANT IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope someone else picks it up…

RC August 17, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Leave it NBC to to cancel a great show season 1 was awesome I love it couldn’t wait for the second season
But it shouldn’t have been moved to Wednesday nights
That’s where it struggled it had trouble finding an audience. If a show is doing good on a given day and time slot. It shouldn’t be changed to a different day and time. They shouldn’t have canceled it. NBC dropped the on this one.

Kayla August 16, 2014 at 12:34 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS? How can you just cancel it like that? NBC, you just left millions of people hanging with no closure. That was a crap ending to an amazing show. And you cancel Revolution instead of the stupid reality shows? NEWS FLASH half of the shows that you keep are the ones you should be getting rid of. I’m not normally big on watching T.V. but this show made me sit infront of that thing like a dog begging for food. Please bring back the show. You just made millions of happy people angry and confused. And as seen on the show angry and confused is not something you want. You are making a terrible mistake. Great job on loosing all of those viewers and fans and all of the money those people bring to the table. This isn’t the only time you’ve disapointed me. But it will be the last because I’m done with your channel and your stupid decisions.

Mary Kay Livengood August 15, 2014 at 6:25 pm

I just want you, NBC, to know how much you ruined my day and night last night!!!!!!! My husband and I watch this show together. You need to give it (Revolution) another chance. Revolution should be aired for another season. You can not leave us hanging like this……just saying………I watch a lot of CBS but over the last few years I started watching your network. This is enough to make me go back to CBS. So yes, I guess you can say that I m a little mad right about now!

chuck August 14, 2014 at 2:08 am

yes bring it on season three. all those reality shows suck big time. cancel something else to save time for this show, ending sucked it needs more closure.

paula August 14, 2014 at 1:53 am

i cant believe they are canceling revolution i couldnt wait till next episode from week to week. I love the cast and story line. i sure hope they reconsider.

spider August 13, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I cannot believe this!! NBC You S_ _k!!! You cancel one of your best shows for what: The Biggest Loser, Parenthood, Parks and Recreation. Come ON!!! You have very few shows as it is that are worth watching and you take the best one off!!!

I watch the first season on Netflix all the time, I just cannot get enough of Revolution. I just hope they are able to pick up the second season. At least then I can have something decent to watch.

Markus August 11, 2014 at 7:51 am

I’m with the others on this, one good show after another is canceled, I could count at least 10 good shows that should not have been canceled. You at NBC and all the other networks are so fixed on the ratings with no regards for other ways of watching TV-shows, there are countless internet services that provide good income for you, so there is NO reason to go all cancel crazy like you do. And in my country we only get the “BIG mainstream” shows on TV, and all the other crappy reality shows. So i use netflix or pay for play functions online. The era of the traditional Television is dead, adapt or die. And take into consideration all the millions of people watching your show, but not doing so on your channel, therefor not showing up as ratings. And that goes for all the the other networks as well. Less is more, stop over producing shows only to cancel them after one or two seasons, only to start over again. You are gonna run out of good plots soon, and any new show you bring to the network will feel like a bad copycat of an old show. Select the really good shows instead, and let them run.

chris August 8, 2014 at 11:28 pm

revolution was excellent told action packed story had a good mix of sci fi and apocalyptic storyline for everyone I think your making a big mistake . the main reason your mid season ratings fell was because after you interrupting revolution with the Olympics people thought it was over (that’s not the shows fault) shame on you I will boycott your station

mamalainii August 8, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Boo! Whomever moved the timeslot and whomever cancelled the show clearly need to br fired. Definately was the best show this network has aired in a loooong time. Boo! Boo!! And shame on you for leaving fans waiting and hanging on just to be ultimately disappointed. Boo!!!!!

sergio August 8, 2014 at 10:06 pm

one of the best shows no need to take it out im pist off cause i just found out today they should bring it back