Revolution: Season Two Ratings

Revolution season two ratingsLast season, Revolution was the highest-rated show on NBC but the ratings fell throughout the season, even with The Voice as a lead-in. What will happen now that the show’s been moved to Wednesdays? Will it see a third season or will it be cancelled instead? We’ll have to wait and see.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

4/3 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

For comparisons: The first season of Revolution averaged a 2.6 rating in the demo and 7.21 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Revolution TV series? Would you like to see it cancelled or renewed for third season?

Bob April 16, 2014 at 8:49 am

Revolution is an awesome show, one that is not predictable. I am beginning to think people can not accept shows that are a challenge and have twists and turns. I think people want to be busy bodies and watch dating shows, dancing, cops and robbers!!! Is a shame as why should the rest of us be tortured by a 50 year run of “Law and Order” ? Sure in a braindead show Aaron would have been victorious over the nanites and the power would have been restored!!!! Is that what all of us want is to have it another predictable piece of trash that invades or households and makes Redbox richer? I mention “Redbox” since most of us with half a brain need a challenging TV show. When we are doused with endless brainless shows we rent all we can!!!

Sure, I was deeply saddened and bummed some characters were offed and the power is still off, but this is the joy of a great writer/show! We are kept in suspense and surprised of what happens next. Sure, once the power comes on there will be many challenges also, but for now, the realism is perfect and appreciate being able to watch what comes next and not having it guess as have had with many other shows. Unfortunately, most of those shows have not been cancelled, so my above statements seem to hold true!

Lately, NBC has tortured us with combinations of cops, fireman and way overplayed “Law and Order”. Now what I would absolutely love to see is a combo of Revolution and Law and Order. Take it back to when the power went out and when Monroe was in command. Would be awesome to see him make the order to leave none of the Law and Order Staff alive!!!! That is how despicable I find having to suffer with the same crap show every week for the past 12 years!!! A few years ago NBC lied to us all and said it was to be cancelled, instead they continually cancel the good shows and leave the trash on for us! Must be in business with Redbox cause rentals have increased in our household!

Hannibal April 15, 2014 at 3:57 am

Yes, I love the show. No, I don’t want it cancelled – it’s the only reason that I make myself available to watch prime time television when it is actually on. Unless I’m sick or just being a slug, I either DVR what I want to watch or watch it on cable on demand through my cable company (because my girl has loaded up the DVR will hundreds of hours of the sadistically inane ‘The Real (Stepford) Housewives of ________ (enter most current & trendy Whore-ville).

Basically, what I’m saying is that Revolution is the only show on television that I’ll actually sit through the commercials to ensure that I don’t miss a minute of the show. Take that to the Nielsons. Oh, and I’m over 18 and younger than 49 and have large quantities of disposible income. In fact, I’m about to go trolling for a Real Housewife or Whore-ville.

P.S. – S*ck it, Trebeck!

D. L . McClanahan April 14, 2014 at 3:28 pm

I love the show, but for some reason episodes haven’t been aired recently. I do hope it’s not canceled.

april April 15, 2014 at 10:03 pm

The next time it will be on is April 30th because they wanted to air the last 4 episodes this season back to back. Please stick with it. I love this show and there are a bunch of us on FB and Twitter truly dedicated to making sure NBC knows we want Season 3/4 :)

Jim April 14, 2014 at 12:05 pm

I really enjoy the show, although I wish they got more into the power-turning-on aspe4ct of it like last year. I just hope there is a conclusion if it is cancelled and not twisting in the wind.

Bronxy Boy April 14, 2014 at 5:03 am

Can someone please tell me when a decision will be made for Revolution to be cancelled/renewed? I’ve been waiting for ages to let my mind at ease. Great Show BTW

admin April 14, 2014 at 7:39 am

Mid-May at the latest.

Martha Jones April 13, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Please DON’T cancel Revolution! There are many of us out here that love it! I think the series lost some viewers when the nanos won and the theme changed from focusing on the fight against the patriots.

Josh April 13, 2014 at 3:40 pm

This is my favorite show. I was a fan of Lost. Revolution is even better. Lots of complicated characters and suprising turns. Fight scenes, moral delimas, love, betrayal and sacrifice. Good stuff. My teenage sons watch it together. Please give us a season 3.

Robert Hufstader April 10, 2014 at 2:17 am

Revolution is a great series but a disturbing trend has arisen where in a black character will be introduced an then a few episodes later he or she is brutally murdered, How many times has this happened in the first two seasons. I believe that this is dragging the show down and it may even get cancelled. Jericho ended it’s second season flying to Texas with proof of the crimes from the new regeime in Washington and their government was seen as key to smashing up this new formed collalition. now on Revolution, the Texas government is seen as the key to resending the patriots. Wheither this series will be renewed is anybodies guess?

Greg Turnbull April 10, 2014 at 8:45 am

@robert – I don’t see that as a recurring theme at all. The capture-almost die-rescue template is what’s killing the show, not any percieved “racial” tones.

I guess if you look for it that’s all you’ll ever find, but if you watch the show and see PEOPLE you’ll just see a reasonably decent show.

Hannibal April 15, 2014 at 4:09 am

Dude, it’s not just the black characters that are getting killed – EVERYBODY is getting killed – Charlie’s Hitler Youth looking brother, Miles’ uber-hot Latina (I think – but whatever she was, she was super hot) – Hell, Monroe executed at least a dozen of his own white guys and even children killed other children (and, to my recollection, they were all white) – so back off the bourbon and take a break from the Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson videos you’ve been dry-humping to over in the corner.

Do black guys die on revolution? Yes. Are more than 18.4% of the people killed on the show black? 18.4 percent, of course, being the percent of African-Americans in our country as of the last census. If you analyze every episode, empirically count the number of killings and, after breaking them down discover that the percentage of black character killed is greater than the number in the population – I’ll be the first one with you on to rail against the injustice – but I think you’re over reacting.

Please don’t take this is a personal attack or a racist diatribe – it is neither, I am a trying to point out the obvious fact that it’s almost like that scene from the Science Fiction classic – Heavy Metal – “He Dies! She Dies! Evvverrryyy Body Dies!”