Rising Star: Season One Ratings

Rising Star ABC TV show ratingsThe Israeli version of Rising Star is an incredibly popular singing competition. Will the US version be a ratings hit for ABC? Will it be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled like so many others singing shows? Stay tuned.

Rising Star allows the home audience to vote for singers and help determine who will move on in the competition. Brad Paisley, Kesha, and Ludacris are the show’s “experts” while Josh Groban is the series’ host.

8/17 update: Will there be a second season of Rising Star on ABC?

Final season averages: 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.08 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated charts, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Rising Star TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Aaron Edmondson October 12, 2014 at 8:20 pm

I liked the show and it probably needs a few tweeks to the format but I think it needs to be renewed

Aaron Edmondson October 12, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I liked the show and it probably needs a few weeks to the format but I think it needs to be renewed

Pat October 3, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I’m literally addicted to singing based talent shows. I’ve watch every X Factor, Idol, Voice from every country where they speak in English and any other singing shows that randomly get launched by networks attempting duplicate the success of the “big gun” shows. Rising Star was the worst show I’ve ever seen of this type. The talent was so sub par that it wasn’t worth watching and the judges were awful. I’d never watch this show again.

cathy a October 3, 2014 at 4:47 am

i really enjoyed this show. there could be some tweeks in the format but basically i liked it. of course, i think all of america knew from the first night who the winner would be. and Jesse’s win was totally deserved. love his parents (especially his Dad) for turning own to Old Time Rock n’ Roll and blues and R & B. he’s the best singer i’ve heard since Michael Grimm won America’s Got Talent several years ago. both have extremely soulful voices.

emily September 21, 2014 at 3:15 pm

The only good thing about this show was Jesse Kinch…

Tynna O'Neill September 7, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I loved Rising Star!!! I would definitely watch another season, even with that broad, Kesha on it..(don’t really care for her)…But I loved the show and I love Josh Groban, and Brad too..

juliee August 28, 2014 at 4:08 pm

This was my least favorite talent show didn’t watch all episodes. I found it boring with substandard talent and it took too long between contestants. Don’t think I would watch another season.

Lin September 1, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I completely disagree with you, juliee…I rarely watch the talent shows because most of them have too many untalented wanna-be’s. Rising Star is different because everyone who appeared on there this season CAN sing…definitely NOT substandard talent and where do you get that it took too long between contestants. That was definitely NOT the case at all! I also liked that the judging was done right away by the judges and the fans. I definitely would watch another season.

Teece August 25, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Hey Gloria the “Lady Judge” has a name and it’s Kesha, and at least she has hair. Ludacris was luscious, spoke eloquently and didn’t wear his pants below his ass. Brad was bad … ass … (kiss, kiss) and Josh would be a shoe in when Ryan leaves Idol. If you prefer judges who sling mud watch Simon Cowell. Oh wait, his show was cancelled. Sure “Laugh-In” and the “The Dean Martin Show” were great shows but, hey, there were only three channels to choose from not including PBS. We didn’t know any better! Sure it took them a while to work out the kinks in dealing with the different time zones, but you can’t fault ABC for trying to bring competition shows into the 21st Century. The bottom line is that they packed a bit too much into a one hour, one day a week show. And it looked a bit unrehearsed.