Secret Millionaire: Cancelled? No Season Four?

secret millionaire canceledIt looks like Secret Millionaire has been cancelled — again. The feel-good reality show ran on FOX for a single season back in December 2008. The network cancelled it after few people watched the half-dozen episodes.

ABC brought the series back in 2011 and found much better ratings — averaging a 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 10.7 million viewers.

Season three wasn’t nearly as successful however, averaging a mere 1.3 in the demo and 5.03 million. ABC had ordered 13 episodes but pulled the show off the schedule prematurely last August, leaving six installments on the shelf.

The network never got around to airing the leftovers and left the series out of their upcoming summer and fall plans. Clips are still available for viewing on the ABC site but it certainly doesn’t look like Secret Millionaire is coming back to primetime.

Hopefully they’ll release the extra episodes at some points so the fans can see them.

What do you think? Did you like Secret Millionaire? Are you sorry that ABC has dropped the show?

Connie September 17, 2014 at 5:55 pm

I am extremely disappointed that enough people did not watch it to keep it on TV. It is one of THE BEST SHOWS ON TV PERIOD! I guess wholesome shows about people helping people in a life changing way cannot compete with sex,drugs, deceit, crime and the like. I wish OWN would pick it up.

Jo Ann McLaughlin June 3, 2014 at 11:02 pm

This is a great, feel good reality show. Nobody’s yelling, fighting and drinking. Is that why it’s cancelled?
I wish you would reconsider and bring it back.
We never missed an episode.

Big Uncle Dave September 8, 2013 at 11:44 pm

This show changes peoples lives! Not just the ones who receive the blessings of the SM but it inspires everyday people to help those in need. We see it everyday. Please do not cancel this joyous act of kindness!!! Thank you.

April Maloy August 21, 2013 at 7:32 pm

A fantastic show!!! It is too bad it is cancelled. I guess without sex, drugs and violence people don’t want anything to do with it! It is too bad that someone helping someone isn’t entertaining! It all boils down to jealousy! If it is not “all about me” to hell with it!!!!

Big Uncle Dave September 8, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I agree with you!!!!!! We need to find a way to keep this show alive!!!!

Michael Cavaliere June 28, 2013 at 11:05 pm

what a bunch of Crockett you cancel another good show for your your ABC network for she cancelled Extreme Home Makeover Home Edition and now you’re cancelling Secret Millionaire I think that you should give both shows another chance at the top spot the shows were great and they they bought a lot of people

Tamara June 28, 2013 at 5:06 am

Im really disappointed that the show was cancelled.. I really enjoyed it more then the other reality shows that are on. Too bad. I think the problem is the time slots, that and you never knew what night or what time.

Jules June 17, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Sooooo disappointed….not many uplifting shows on tv….why is everything about money….if it dosn’t generate enough the cancell….tooooo bad