The Dead Zone: Hall Says Series May Finish with Movie

Dead ZoneWhen USA network suddenly cancelled The Dead Zone last year, loyal viewers were understandably upset. After all, the sixth season ended in a cliffhanger. The network further aggravated fans by saying that they had no intention of filming any kind of resolution for the series. In a recent interview with Sci Fi Wire to promote The Dead Zone: The Final Season on DVD, series star Anthony Michael Hall said that there might be a finale after all.

Hall noted that there’s been stirrings of a possible movie to cap the series. He isn’t particularly optimistic that it will happen though because of the size of the show’s audience. He said, “There’s talk about it… I don’t think we had the size of a cult following that, let’s say, The X-Files did. You look at Sex and the City or The X-Files, these movies were done long after the shows pumped out their last episodes.” Hall added though that, “I would certainly be open to the potential for [a reunion].”

Hall expressed how much appreciation he had for the show’s creative team, particularly Dead Zone’s late executive producer, Michael Pillar; his son, Shawn Pillar; and co-executive producer Lloyd Segan. He said, “These guys, we made it a family affair… So I was grateful for the experience [of doing the show], and I would certainly entertain it if they wanted to pursue a film. Am I optimistic about it? Not really, but I certainly wouldn’t turn my back on the opportunity.”

Though the series wasn’t given a proper finale, Hall remains appreciative to everyone involved, including the viewers and the network that cancelled the show. On the Todd and Tyler Radio Empire Show, he said, “I think [the show] ran its course, we had a great run. We did 80 episodes over six seasons and USA network was great, a great company to work for and we had a great run with it. It was a great show, we had a lot of fans of the show, a great writing staff. It was just an amazing experience to do a show like that for six years, it was a lot of fun.” Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

54 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Alan says

How about….. Stilson has Johnny murdered, and tries to consol Sarah, and J.J. at the funeral. Avoiding a hug, but receiving a pat on the shoulder from Stilson, J.J. gets a vision of Stilson as president. Though Stilson”s actions as president a nuclear war begins. Relaying this vision to Sarah and Reverend Purdy, causes Purdy, filled with grief and guilt to kill Stilson and himself with poison.

2. bethany says

I was disappointed with the turn the shoe made, but i still stayed stedfast and watched for the day Johnny and Sarah finally re-united and Stilson was taken out of the run. I am so disappointed and aggravated that they didn’t at least throw a last episode together tying things off-even if it wasn’t great-I could still use an actual end. LOVE the show!

3. daisy leach says

I have watched this show from the first time it came on.I have loved it I watch all the repeats and never get tired of them.My daughter just started watching it and shesis just amazed by it.she is upset that there will be an end to it.myself I think that you should start making it again it is better than anything I have watched in a long time and I watch a lot of things.its better then medium and I think better then once upon a time and also better then grimm.I would just like for it to come back on .you no these tv show out here are constanly doing this to people you put something good on and when people are hooked you pull it away and I really think that’s a bunch of **** .your show was one that a lot of people really loved.

4. brandon says

i had barely started watching the show and i just loved it. you guys have to have 7th season to have some closure at least do one more episode.

5. Celeste says

I need some closure. Please make a made for tv movie to bring an end to a great series. I need to know what happens with Armageddon and do Sarah and Johnny ever get back together.

6. rob says

i agree with everyone….i may be late but i got hooked from the first season and i had to go out and buy them all to see if john smith was ever goin to solve or end armagedon (spell check) and to find out the nna is startin to see visions which i figured already and then it just ends with armagedon still? some bs i feel like i just wasted my money….luckily the shows are amazing that i can watch em over nd over….then to say they might make a movie? id rather watch a whole nother season cuz a movie you’ll have to start from the beginning again…..ugh I’m highly upset and feel like suing if i could lol

7. Abby G says

I just finish watching the 6 season on netflix and come to read here that there is no season 7 or finally??? What kind of POOP is that…. I was not expecting the show to go on for ever but i was hoping they would finnish the story. Does Johny saves the world and does JJ helps hom by using his new found visions. Something people.!!! How can we can committ to any network if they do not care about their audiences.

8. Give us an ending says

I think with the way it ended, and people still wanting to watch it… Viewers would tune in to watch. I like the way it was heading in the 6-13. We need a movie… an ending…. something… Season 6 didn’t have the same fill since they changed locations. Big change in cast members. including JJ which I was surpriced. He looks for like Sarah than John. But I like his acting and that he started to develope the gift that John had.

Why leave us hanging…… I just watched season 6 on Hulu.. Rest we own the dvds.

9. Just me says

This is Pathetic USA left everyone hanging.i just watched seasons 1 throguh 6 on netflix to only learn there is no season 7. a closure would have been nice . I am blocking usa channle from my tv.

10. I Agree says

Everyone in this show is incrediable, from the actors, writers, prop set up, all ideas, and everyone else that had any part I hate to leave anyone out. I will miss all you guys..

11. alfie says

I’ve been watching online and im pretty hooked on it. Reading the details on season 6…. ending sucks cause theirs more to this or atleast not leaving the fans hanging or leaving a what if questions??? …I believe USA should have closure to this show.

12. Nicole says

I think its pathetic that USA wont pony up the money to atleast finish off the series. It showes now comitment and a lack of respect to the dedicated fans that watch these showes. I understand if they cant commit to another season but atleast give us closure. I really dont think I am interrested in watching any more of the series shows.

• I Agree says

Wow… Do I ever agree!!!! How can you guys start us loyal fans off watching a show and give us no closure??? We need another season to finish off the story line, not wait for a movie that if ever comes out 5 to 10 years??? I agree with Nicole, I am not happy with watching no new series shows… Not to have this happen. Lie to me is the same way. It was stated this is done so other new shows can get a platform to grow. Who needs new shows? It is like Desperate Housewifes. That show is discus-ting and it don’t look like no one will cancel it, only the Good shows get canceled…