The Dead Zone: USA Series Cancelled, No Season Seven

The Dead Zone canceledOn the previous episode of The Dead Zone, Johnny (Anthony Michael Hall) and his son JJ (Connor Price) were having new visions of Armageddon. Apparently the end was closer than they knew.

After six seasons, USA Networks has chosen to cancel the science-fiction series. Coincidentally, Dead Zone’s last episode aired on the same night as The 4400’s which has also been cancelled. It was suspected that time was running out on both series as they’ve both been on the air for several seasons and have grown more expensive. USA reportedly searched for ways to cut costs so the shows could be renewed but they ultimately decided to pull the plug.

Of the two cancellations, USA exec Jeff Wachtel said, “We wish we could keep all our great shows alive forever. But we feel we need to give some of our new shows a platform to grow, and it’s with great sadness that we say goodbye to two shows that had a great run and helped create the resurgence of original programming on our network and on all of cable.”

There’s been no word of any plans to bring the series’ unresolved storylines to a close. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Len March 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Smart money would be for a producer to pick this up as a Movie, might even be able to make two if they had some great writers and the same actors. If they are really smart they would do it like Harry Potter, and film both movies at the same time and just release them 6 months apart.

jimbo January 28, 2012 at 7:02 am

Bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!

klb January 14, 2012 at 3:36 pm

bring back dead zone

Dennis December 27, 2011 at 12:13 pm

The Dead Zone is a good series. I think they should have concluded it .

Jen in Ab November 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

had just discovered this show on netflix and loved it. can’t believe the cancelled it. it needs to be brought back

Anonymous October 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm

USA netwk you failed on this one. bring it back and you may recover.

Tony October 4, 2011 at 3:46 am

I just finished watching the last episode of The Dead Zone and then to find out it was cancelled man it was a really good show can’t belive how thay ended it.Hope thay bring it back and continue the story could watch this show forever have stayed up for hours watching it.

Laura Hoekstra September 9, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I’m from Holland and we’ve just watched the latest episode of The Deadzone.
What happened???? Why did it end like this. We also realy, realy, realy hope that there will be another season!!! We’ve watched 81 thrilling epsiodes, but it didn’t end at all. What about the Armageddon? That was the whole point of this serie. Please bring the show back on TV.

Audience in China September 6, 2011 at 7:19 am

FIRST ,Forgive me that im poor in English.
Im Chinese and i have just finished the last episode of Season 6.
I have to say im such disappointed that USA made the cancellation decision!!!!
In my opinion ,the DEAD ZONE could be as successful as Prison Break in my country
and I greatly suggest that all the people who really enjoy the DEAD Zone,who really want Johnny.Smith(Hall) ,JJ ,Sarah back stick together and make an union on the internet.
Let’s see what we can do to change the future just like Johnny.Smith
So conatct me
Let’s bring them back !

V July 31, 2011 at 2:38 am

I agree my ex-boyfriend got addicted to the show because his best friend and wife were addicted to the show. So I just got done watching the final episode and it was rediculous! How can you end on a mystery???? Who starts a series and then doesn’t finish it. It’s like taking the last film of Harry Potter away when you’ve already filmed all the others and leave on a to be continued and then say can’t finish the end of it!!!!! I think these actors got screwed over alond with all their viewers!!!!!! Bring the show back at least for one more season to finish the suspense of whether the end of the world happens or not. Wasn’t that the whole point of the show?????

Brac May 17, 2011 at 4:37 am

This series was canceled prematurely. It was a great series and I wish they would bring it back.

Me April 15, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I discovered the show a few years ago, and thanks to netflix I was able to watch all the seasons. I watched them to see the ending and it didnt end. Very upsetting. It needs to be concluded, somebody do something about this thanks, I’ll be waiting

Linda Morrison March 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Hopefully, there is enough interest to bring this series back, even now!
My husband and I just finished the series, and are extremely sad to know that it was cancelled. It is a bit late…..but, because of instant Net Flix we found this wonderful series, and loved the storyline and the characters!

thijs February 9, 2011 at 3:14 pm

im from holland and i love the dead zone its getting better and better i wish it would continue!!! missing it already!

C.E.808 February 9, 2011 at 6:40 am

My fiancé and I had just finished the last episode of Season 6 @ 3:15am on Feb. 9 2011 and I must agree that they need to bring back Dead Zone. I’m very disappointed in the cancellation of this show. What’s even bad my fiancé is blind but, he really enjoyed this show sooo much that Johnny, Bruce, Walt, n everyone else has grew on the both of us. I think this is the worst exec decision I have ever seen. Honestly, this is B.S. Bring Dead Zone back and finish the story. What’s even weird my fiancé thinks he was meant to sit through this series being that the movie The Dead Zone with Christopher Walkins came out the same year he was born in 1983. BRING JOHNNY (Anthony Michae Hall and not some clown either) BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!