The Event: TV Show May Still Be Renewed for Season Two

Event saved and renewedWord came down today that NBC was cancelling The Event after one season. The serial drama drew positive numbers at the beginning but they have been in decline for much of the season.

The show may not be dead just yet though. Deadline reports that there are talks underway to continue the series elsewhere. Executive producer Steve Stark declined to comment but word is that Netflix may be interested in picking up the show. Netflix had no comment. There’s also supposedly been interest from cable and digital outlets.

Stark noted that they are investigating different options with the full support of Universal Media Studios, the show’s producer. He said, “NBC has been an amazing partner, it launched the show beautifully.”

Series creator Nick Wauters added, “We have a dedicated fan base, and we promised them we will deliver one way or another and will continue to tell our stories.”

Actor Ian Anthony Dale, Simon Lee on The Event, tweeted, “To our amazing fans, our time on NBC may be over, but we are working hard to find a new home that shares our collective enthusiasm.”

What do you think? Should The Event be saved? Where would be the best new home for the series? Would you pay to watch it?

Chris Cary January 2, 2013 at 12:15 am

bring the show back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mara Canaday December 25, 2012 at 2:10 pm

This is a great show. Please do not cancel it. It was one of the few network shows that I watched. I have been waiting for the new season. Please let us have the show back.

sp December 11, 2012 at 6:34 pm

It appeared to leave much room to continue on ; My wifew and I would like to see more Event

ANN December 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm

My husband and I love, love , love the show and didn’t catch it until nexflix. Had we known about the show before nexflix we would have watched it during the season. We would love to see season II. We stood up late many nights at the edge of our seats.

Gareth Webb November 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Why is a Series as good as “The Event” cancelled? My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed the series and thought that there would definitely be a Series 2. For sure, I would pay to watch it. In the UK it was well advertised by Channel 4 & I know plenty of people that watched it. Come on bring us Series 2

addy November 3, 2012 at 3:23 am

iK HEB GENOTEN.HOOP OPRECHT DAT DE SERIE SNEL WEER OPGEPAKT WORDT.KAN NIET WACHTEN

Calliesky November 2, 2012 at 10:51 am

If I had know about this show I would have watched it when it first aired. I am a huge SciFi fan and keep up on all the shows, but I don’t remember this one being promoted. Watch the whole thing on Amazon Prime. LOVED IT. I just can’t believe shows like this, Terra Nova and Blood and Chrome are not on my TV every week, but honey boo boo is. This is why the SciFi channel is no longer my favorite channel.

Anonymous October 17, 2012 at 8:00 pm

dude i thought that show was awsome damn right it should be saved or actleast given a good blow out dont just leave it at the planet comes in thats it!wtf

Mack October 9, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I started watching on Hulu and finished on Netflix. I started watching the show on Oct 3 2012 to Oct 10 2012. I need more. I never even knew the show was on tv. Please bring it back.

Christina September 25, 2012 at 10:46 am

I believe if the show was properly advertised it might have made a difference. My daughter & I stumbled onto the Event on Demand. We were so involved that we started at the beginning and watched every episode. It literally took us two days straight of continuous watching. We were waiting for season two. Every time my daughter talks to me she asks me have I heard anything. Sorry to hear that there will be no season 2. The show kept us on the edge of our seats, leaving us dying to see the next show. Well, I guess I will have to break the bad news to hear.

antony September 4, 2012 at 1:42 pm

pliz bring back the event, to blair underwood dude u make a fine president

nancy August 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Please bring back the show what’s taking so long I still dont know y it was cancel. How could a show so good be cancel.? I will pay to see it I will love a movie. I know money is not the issue. NBC can’t be that greedy. Send me a e mail if its coming back thank u.

marianne July 27, 2012 at 5:21 am

we enjoy it

Anonymous July 21, 2012 at 9:23 pm

save the event a fantastic series

Tiger July 11, 2012 at 2:09 am

Was waiting for it to come back on and just looked it up and seen it was cancelled awwwww….very good show go figure something good it don’t come back