The Event: TV Show May Still Be Renewed for Season Two

Event saved and renewedWord came down today that NBC was cancelling The Event after one season. The serial drama drew positive numbers at the beginning but they have been in decline for much of the season.

The show may not be dead just yet though. Deadline reports that there are talks underway to continue the series elsewhere. Executive producer Steve Stark declined to comment but word is that Netflix may be interested in picking up the show. Netflix had no comment. There’s also supposedly been interest from cable and digital outlets.

Stark noted that they are investigating different options with the full support of Universal Media Studios, the show’s producer. He said, “NBC has been an amazing partner, it launched the show beautifully.”

Series creator Nick Wauters added, “We have a dedicated fan base, and we promised them we will deliver one way or another and will continue to tell our stories.”

Actor Ian Anthony Dale, Simon Lee on The Event, tweeted, “To our amazing fans, our time on NBC may be over, but we are working hard to find a new home that shares our collective enthusiasm.”

What do you think? Should The Event be saved? Where would be the best new home for the series? Would you pay to watch it?

Canceled and renewed TV show

366 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mara Canaday says

This is a great show. Please do not cancel it. It was one of the few network shows that I watched. I have been waiting for the new season. Please let us have the show back.

2. ANN says

My husband and I love, love , love the show and didn’t catch it until nexflix. Had we known about the show before nexflix we would have watched it during the season. We would love to see season II. We stood up late many nights at the edge of our seats.

3. Gareth Webb says

Why is a Series as good as “The Event” cancelled? My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed the series and thought that there would definitely be a Series 2. For sure, I would pay to watch it. In the UK it was well advertised by Channel 4 & I know plenty of people that watched it. Come on bring us Series 2

4. Calliesky says

If I had know about this show I would have watched it when it first aired. I am a huge SciFi fan and keep up on all the shows, but I don’t remember this one being promoted. Watch the whole thing on Amazon Prime. LOVED IT. I just can’t believe shows like this, Terra Nova and Blood and Chrome are not on my TV every week, but honey boo boo is. This is why the SciFi channel is no longer my favorite channel.

5. Anonymous says

dude i thought that show was awsome damn right it should be saved or actleast given a good blow out dont just leave it at the planet comes in thats it!wtf

6. Mack says

I started watching on Hulu and finished on Netflix. I started watching the show on Oct 3 2012 to Oct 10 2012. I need more. I never even knew the show was on tv. Please bring it back.

7. Christina says

I believe if the show was properly advertised it might have made a difference. My daughter & I stumbled onto the Event on Demand. We were so involved that we started at the beginning and watched every episode. It literally took us two days straight of continuous watching. We were waiting for season two. Every time my daughter talks to me she asks me have I heard anything. Sorry to hear that there will be no season 2. The show kept us on the edge of our seats, leaving us dying to see the next show. Well, I guess I will have to break the bad news to hear.

8. nancy says

Please bring back the show what’s taking so long I still dont know y it was cancel. How could a show so good be cancel.? I will pay to see it I will love a movie. I know money is not the issue. NBC can’t be that greedy. Send me a e mail if its coming back thank u.

9. Tiger says

Was waiting for it to come back on and just looked it up and seen it was cancelled awwwww….very good show go figure something good it don’t come back