The Event: Season (Series?) Finale Will Give Resolution

The EventUnless the ratings turn around when The Event finally returns to NBC, it looks certain that the series will be cancelled after one season. Thankfully, its looking like the producers won’t leave devoted fans completely in the dark. In a recent Ask Ausiello column…

Question: How are the producers of The Event handling the season finale, considering they probably won’t know about a second season when they shoot it? Will they be wrapping up the alien arc, or will it end on a cliffhanger? — Charlie

Ausiello: The final episode will “complete the story of the first season,” says exec producer Evan Katz, “while setting up a radically different condition in the world for the second season — in the hopes that there is one.”

What do you think? Do you think you’ll be satisfied if The Event is indeed cancelled?

Leigh May 18, 2011 at 11:59 am

This is one of the best shows on TV today in a LONG, LONG time. I am so SICK of the so called “reality” shows and the stupid compitetion shows (e.g., Biggest Loser, Minute to Win It, Survivor, etc., etc., etc.) If you cancel The Event, I will just have to go back to watching cable shows (Food Channel, History Channel, etc., ) in lieu of network television since it has gotten so rediculous. I was thrilled when The Event, Chase, Parenthood, all came out. FINALLY, some “good” series-type shows to watch again. Before these, NCIS was the only network series show I watched.

Keith Sly May 4, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I watch every episode with bated breath. I think the problem with Ratings is they do not account for the massive numbers who are saving on PVR ‘S etc. to watch when they have time. I hope this is not the end of great series being produced. Too many viewers are hooked on cheap reality shows. They will lose interest, what then?
Keith Sly

Chris April 26, 2011 at 10:15 am

NBC don’t cancel The EVENT! It has really turned around and is an excellent show. As Jane has stated, I think it is now up there with the suspense of 24. I am glad that at least there wont be a cliff hanger if the show does not get renewed.

Globug April 20, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Keep the Event coming, I can’t wait each week for the next segment. Please have a 2nd season!.

Dan Fuller April 17, 2011 at 3:35 am

I do enjoy this show, and here’s hoping it will get a 2nd season…….But, waiting Sooooo long to start it back up, may cost it dearly (Just like ABC NEARLY Did with that little show about a plane crash—what was it called???…..LOST!)….When you have a seriel story that IS ongoing, a two-three month gap DOES NOT help your ratings issues IF it isn’t there for people to watch!!!!!!

Jane March 22, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Please don’t cancel the Event. My husband and I so look forward to Mondays. This show leaves you holding your breath,
constant action, smartly written. This show reminds us a little
of 24. Don’t give up, give it a fare chance.

Jane

Judy Cole March 18, 2011 at 8:45 am

Get rid of THE EVENT and bring back THE CAPE, and give it a chance. One of my FAVORITE TV shows and BAM!! it was gone.

sheila February 14, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I watched each week and then it was off. I hope they bring it back and stop jerking us around with getting us into the story then just pulling it off. It gets so that you don’t want to commit the time to a new show because it could get cancelled mid way thru. I hope it’s back to stay.

auggie February 10, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I love this show and have been waiting for it to start back up. I watch it religiously every week and am so disappointed to read about its potential cancellation. I agree with the comment above that everything I like seems to get canceled and reality tv is taking over — at least on network tv. Perhaps a move to cable is in order.

Mikey Bizzle! February 10, 2011 at 4:51 am

I really like this show. I dont see what the big problem with it is!? Is there actually any point in making new TV shows if there just gona get cancelled? Everything i seem to get into gets cancelled. Need to get rid of all this cancerous reality tv and maybe you wont have to keep cancelling good shows!!!

lucid 2 February 8, 2011 at 7:21 pm

I enjoy the story line, but do wish it would not be so long and drawn out.
The idea of a government alien cover up is not new, but is interesting to watch. I feel the excitement is drowned out by to many unecessary scenes.

mrsports February 2, 2011 at 1:10 pm

I didn’t know it was still on… I thought the season finale had already happend… I enjoy the show but when it is off for so long, it doesn’t have a chance to succeed…

deborahc February 2, 2011 at 11:54 am

They have already dragged it out for too long. I’d just as soon they give up. It has been off the schedule for so long now, I’d need a refresher course!

jim February 2, 2011 at 10:44 am

They should just assume the series is cancelled. Then have a 2 or 3 Hour Finale that anawers ALL questions. Its a shame that 2 Very Good Shows , Reaper & My Name Is Earl , never got resolutions .

Bruno May 4, 2011 at 7:26 am

I completely agree with you especially since I loved My Name Is Earl and Reaper which had a extremely disappointing end mid-season.

Dewey February 2, 2011 at 10:13 am

It’s been so difficult to keep up with, I’m not sure that I really care about the finale or a second season. If NBC really wants it to work, they have to stop bouncing it around the schedule.