The Gates

The GatesNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 20, — September 19, 2010
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Andrea Powell, Rhona Mitra, Frank Grillo, Marisol Nichols, Luke Mably, Travis Caldwell, Skyler Samuels, Chandra West, Colton Haynes, Janina Gavankar, Justin Miles, Victoria Gabrielle Platt, James Preston, Georgia Cole, Johnny Messner, Brett Cullen, Shannon Lucio, Devyn A. Tyler, McKaley Miller, and Louis Herthum.

the gates past TV show

TV show description:
This supernatural crime drama revolves around a chief of police who moves from Chicago to an upscale private community. He realizes that the neighbors aren’t quite who they appear to be on the outside.

Nick Monohan (Frank Grillo) is the new Chief of Police for The Gates, and he’ll do anything he can to protect his wife Sarah and their kids, Charlie and Dana. He’s used to working the tougher big city police cases and is ill-prepared for what he finds in his new community. For one thing, he knows there’s something going on with the Radcliffs, but isn’t sure just what. His wife Sarah (Marisol Nichols) is clearly the one who keeps her family together emotionally. As a product of Chicago’s south side, she struggles to fit in but soon she begins to bond with a few of her neighbors and also figures out some of their secrets.

Claire Radcliff (Rhona Mitra) seems like she has a perfect life with a perfect house and perfect family. But, she has a secret — a big hunger for something that she shouldn’t. She and her husband, Dylan (Luke Mably), have a daughter named Emily (Georgia Cole) and are well-aware they could lose everything if Claire can’t keep her addiction in check. Dylan is the CEO of a biotech research firm, and because of his wife’s addiction, he places a lot of value on privacy.

TV show supportA high school student, Charlie Monohan (Travis Caldwell) wasn’t happy to leave the public schools of Chicago in favor of The Gates Academy, but it gets easier the closer he gets with schoolmate Andie Bates (Skyler Samuels). Andi is best friends with Mia Mueller (Devyn A. Tyler) and friends with nearly everyone else. She’s a good student and the archaetypical girl-next-door. She and her father moved from Seattle to The Gates after her mom died in a tragic accident. Her boyfriend, Brett Crezski (Colton Haynes), is on the football team, and in some ways he’s the male version of Andie. He has a dangerous side to him though that he’s struggling to keep hidden.

Mia’s mom, Peg Mueller (Victoria Platt), is the town physician and herbologist. More than that though she’s known for having discretion, and that matters in this small town more than anything else. There’s one person in town that doesn’t consider her a friend however — Devon Buckley (Chandra West). She’s the owner of Devon’s Day Spa and the ex-wife of the owner of The Gates, Frank Buckley (Brett Cullen). She provides miracle cures at the Day Spa but patrons can sometimes end up paying more than expected.

Nick has two deputies in the police department, Marcus Jordan (Justin Miles) and Leigh Turner (Janina Gavankar). Marcus has a very eager and cheerful attitude that helps him get along with almost everyone in The Gates. He’s not the wittiest or sharpest person, but he gets by with a great work ethic. He’s stoked to learn the ropes from a big city cop like Nick. Leigh is somewhat his antithesis; witty, sharp, and very confident. She can be intimidating. When she allows herself to show some vulnerability, it appears she might just be hiding something.

Canceled and renewed TV show

64 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. rebecca owen says

man sunday nights is the only time i watch tv!! and its all because of the gates! now we have gotten hooked on other shows because of it….true blood,the gates,entourage and the glades..please dont take my sunday favorite away!!

2. Hookedongates says

Season finale tonight and I can’t wait, but I am BUMMED that it’s going to end! Please do not cancel..it is exciting, sexy, dramatic…so TV cutting edge! I am in my mid 50’s and these are the qualities that appeal to every generation!

3. goonie says

Watched every show in three days to catch up. ABC needs to move it to a better time slot then more would watch it. Its a great show. But because of football the time slot sucks and would kill it in the rateing. Seems like the put their best shows in the wrong time slots all the time. Way teens and older went for the twilight series if they moved the gate to something like tuesday or wendseday at 8 o’clock the ratings would spike. But don’t cancel it yet give it time to build its audiance

4. Lovely87 says

Please dont cancel it! You keep canceling the shows i love aka eastwick! That was amazing and now this show please dont do it listen to the fans!!!

5. Inez says

Seriously, I love this show and am going to feel very let down if it goes. If it needs a rejuvenation shot, then killing off some of the storylines and concentrating on a few pivotal characters is my suggestion. ‘Definitely keep Dylan and Claire and Andi and Charlie…

6. Michelle Szymanski says

Didn’t even know this was on this summer or we so would have watched this. Want to pick it up now, will rent the DVD upon release to get caught up and hopefully they will not cancel and we will have another vamp series we love in addition to True Blood and Vampre Diaries!

7. jude says

Keep The Gates! It is a rockstar show…..very well written, great characters/mystery….don’t make a mistake and let it go….

8. Stephen Wood says

I love this show. I think the genre is really appealing because it is a bit science fiction, drama and well done at that. I hope you keep the show going into the next season.

9. The 2nd K says

Don’t cancel the Gates…love it. ABC has done a great job with this show. My husband and I look forward to watching it each week. Please keep the show on, it’s imaginative and a lot of fun.

10. Japplewhite says

I am a big fan of the Gates — I hope this show stays on air! I need to know what is going to happen next – Please ABC – Keep it ON!

11. G Whitson says

I am begging ABC not to cancel The Gates! I am hooked on it ! It is one of the best shows EVER…and i’m 44….I love to do the Nielsen ratings…I think they pick the wrong people….I haven’t had much reason to watch ABC in awhile…NOW, with The Gates I do.