The Glades: Cancelled Next or Renewed for Season Five?

The Glades canceled or renewed for season five?Season four of The Glades concluded this week but the show hasn’t been renewed yet. Will it return for season five or will it be cancelled instead?

For those who haven’t seen it, The Glades follows a cocky Chicago detective (Matt Passmore) who moves to South Florida in hopes of finding a more relaxing way of life. He finds instead that he’s busier than ever. Others in the dramedy’s cast include Kiele Sanchez, Carlos G√≥mez, Uriah Shelton, Jordan Wall, and Michelle Hurd.

Season four of the show averaged 2.59 million viewers, down by 14% when compared to season three’s average (3.01 million). It’s the lowest-rated of A&E‘s three scripted dramas but hit a new high with its recent finale and an audience of 3.41 million.

While The Glades was the series to help A&E establish itself as a channel with scripted content, things aren’t looking too good for the show’s future. The ratings are down and the show is produced by Fox Television Studios so the cable channel doesn’t have a financial stake in its future.

According to Deadline, the show’s outlook isn’t bright but A&E hasn’t cancelled it yet.

After four seasons, there are 49 episodes of The Glades. That’s not enough for a syndication package but it might be close enough to give Fox incentive to make some kind of special deal to keep it going — either with A&E or another outlet. It would help if there were an appropriate Fox-owned channel but there isn’t.

For now, we’ll have to wait and see. If the show is cancelled, hopefully the producers will tell fans how the fourth season cliffhanger would have been resolved.

What do you think? Would you like to see a fifth season renewal or is it time for The Glades to be cancelled instead?

UPDATE: A&E has cancelled The Glades after four seasons.

Chisell December 21, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Please bring back the show

John Robertson December 23, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Bring back the Glades.

Lilly December 21, 2013 at 1:47 am

Are the network big shots even reading our requests not
to cancel the show? Anybody???

XOXOX December 20, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Please bring back this show !!!!!!!!

XOXOX December 20, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Bring it back. Loved this show.

Cathie Hottois December 17, 2013 at 9:32 pm

The Glades is one of the best shows on TV! Please renew this show & don’t leave everyone hanging, with Jim shot on his wedding day!

carolyn shine December 16, 2013 at 8:27 am

It’s just so tacky for a network to cancel a good show especially with a cliffhanger ending. Jim getting shot on his wedding day. Please there is enough drama for another season.

dorothy December 13, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Absolutely LOVE the glades. Please renew !!!!!!!!

vicki December 11, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Please do not cancel this show.. it is one of the best shows out there! It has action, humor and romance… a great combo. i have watched from day one and hope to continue with the next season. The actors are terrific!!

AlabamaLucy December 6, 2013 at 1:07 am

IT WOULD TRULY BE A SHAME TO LET THIS SHOW CANCEL. IF YOU WANT CANCELLATION GET RID OF SOME OF THOSE REALITY BS. ALL THEY SHOW IS PEOPLES STUPIDITY. IF YOU WANT TO AIR YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY TO THE WORLD, WRITE A BOOK. THE REAL HOUSE WIFES IS THE WORST OF THEM ALL. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE DESPERATE TO WACH THAT BS.

mary December 5, 2013 at 10:20 pm

I love the glades. You can’t end it with JIm getting shot on his wedding day. Bring it bsck.

karen December 3, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Please. Please. Please. Please. Please bring it back.

karen December 3, 2013 at 11:20 pm

I have watched this show from day 1. I hate cop shows but this was funny and real
I would be soooooo disappointed if they didn’t at least tell us how it ended. Even more though I would love another season.

Jen December 3, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I have watched The Glades from the beginning and have always loved it. Now when the wedding you have been waiting for is about to happen and Jim is laying dying on the floor, YOU DECIDE TO NOT CONTINUE IT, JUST CRAZY. PLEASE PLEASE BRING THIS BACK

Chris December 1, 2013 at 11:24 am

Please, Please do not cancel this wonderful entertaining show. I just found it on Netflix and love it. I never heard anything about it when it as on television. It needed more advertising to entice us to watch. It does not have a lot of violence like other cop shows. I love that. I also loved Longmire. These were quality show. Bring them back, I will get my friends to watch.

melisa December 1, 2013 at 12:55 am

I HOPE THEY BRING THE GLADES BACK I LIKED THE SHOW EVEN IF IT IS TO FINISH THE ENDING

Anonymous December 17, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I agree they are enough for another season if not do a movie I would like to see shows get wrapped up like Third Watch did so you can see how the characters end up the big wigs need to listen to the viewers not what they think we should watch