The Good Guys: FOX TV Show Ending Early; Will It Be Back?

The Good GuysFOX has decided to wrap their summer run of The Good Guys a few weeks early, on August 2nd. The network had previously planned to air original episodes of the Bradley Whitford / Colin Hanks series until August 23rd.

The series debuted to a disappointing 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.93 million viewers. The numbers have essentially fallen each week and hit a low of a 1.0 rating and 3.42 million viewers.

Despite garnering poor ratings during the summer months, The Good Guys remains on the network’s fall schedule. Original episodes will return to FOX beginning Friday, September 24th. It remains to be seen how long that will last.

FOX has lower expectations for summer shows but it’s hard to believe that the network is pleased with the series’ performance. It seems that they’re keeping it on the fall schedule in hopes that viewers will tune in on Friday nights instead of trying one of the other networks’ new shows.

TV show supportBy the time Good Guys finishes its summer run, FOX will have aired nine original episodes. That will leave 11 new episodes for the fall. The real test will be to see if the network orders any more. Right now, that doesn’t seem likely.

What do you think? Do you like The Good Guys? Do you think it’ll last to see a second season? Should it?

kathi winker February 17, 2011 at 3:15 pm

the Good Guys is a well written comedy show just get rid of Bradley Whitford & it’ll be much more appealing to the viewing public

C. Gatton February 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm

My family and I look forward to seeing the show every week, and are very much looking forward to the next season. It’s a great show!

Paul February 15, 2011 at 9:48 am

This is a great show, give it some time FOX. And lets face it “Savage & Stark in VHS the way it was meant to be seen” is an alltime classic line.

mary February 14, 2011 at 4:42 am

this is the best show i’ve ever seen. I could watch it over and over again. Why is it they cancel everything good and not give it every chance to take off. If they would take smut and offensive shows off the air then maybe people would give something decent a chance.

Josh Lippert February 10, 2011 at 7:13 pm

This was the only REALLY good show on TV. It was the one show I looked forward to watching. PLEASE do not cancel this. This is one of the few shows my wife and I agree on about watching.

stephen bayne February 7, 2011 at 8:19 pm

i think the good guys is a great show and very, very funny, i dont think they should cancel this show at all if fox knows anything they will reorder the show please dont cancel this ..show i watch every episode i think there should atleast be a second season please.

lisa February 6, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Love this show!!!!!! It’s smart, and fresh, and doesn’t take its self to seriously. The show is what TV has been missing for a long time.

ivan February 3, 2011 at 2:00 pm

this is a freat show no way should it be cancelled. I agree cancell american idol get back to good quality tv.

Paula January 28, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Love this show…..look forward to it every week. Can’t wait until it returns for new season.

Roger January 27, 2011 at 9:49 pm

The good guys are great im drelated to a x Dallas swat team cop and I had a 78 Transam tha he drove when he had to get there fasst got good storys to can relate to the good show . And some info that are to cool that happend.

Mike January 27, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Cancel american idol before you cancel the good guy’s one of the best shows. If you want better ratings don’t play it on fridays!!!

D. Nichols January 26, 2011 at 7:53 pm

What are you nincompoops thinking??? Best program on tv and you cancel!!! Stupid decision.

Jonathan January 22, 2011 at 5:10 am

I agree with all of these posts. This show is GREAT and is one of the few show that makes me laugh really hard. The characters are perfect. It’s a great integration of action and witty dialogue and I find myself continuously compelled to watch every episode…….and that ADA??…..wow, I would definately date her. Being ex-military, I can certainly appreciate a “pre-ambush ambush.”

Jan January 19, 2011 at 6:08 pm

The Good Guys must continue! It is one of the best shows out there today! Every charachter is top notch. Every show has been entertaining. Even reruns are fun – can’t get enough of this show! I’m thinking it wasn’t promoted enough, as it’s rare to find someone who has ever heard of it. The few people I have gotten to tune in love it as much as I do. That’s all it takes – one show to be hooked. Please try different time slot – day – whatever it takes to keep it on the air!!!!!

Jenn January 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm

These two guys are a perfect pair and hillarious! I look forward to the show every week.

cha January 21, 2011 at 6:48 pm

I agree! Please let it continue. It is funny, the casting is perfect. It is hard to find a show that is different than any others! Fox get this show going, I don’t have cable and I don’t have much left too watch. To the writers and actors of this show: Thank you, you are the good guys indeed!