The Mentalist: CBS Show Renewed for Seventh (Final?) Season

Mentalist season 7The show was in danger of being cancelled but CBS has decided to renew The Mentalist for a seventh season.

On The Mentalist, the Red John mystery is over and the very observant Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) continues to help solve other cases in Texas. Also starring in the show are Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Emily Swallow, and Rockmond Dunbar.

There’s no word on the episode order for season seven as yet but it will likely be for 13 installments, which will wrap up the series.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Mentalist is coming back for a seventh season? Do you think this should be the end?

Canceled and renewed TV show

Katrina March 6, 2015 at 1:04 pm

In response to Karen’s most recent post. “The Mentalist” is done according to everything I’ve read on line. The following is one of many I found, this one is from Wikipedia: “The Mentalist is an American police procedural television series that ran from September 23, 2008 until February 18, 2015 and broadcast 151 episodes over seven seasons, on CBS.[2] The show was created by Bruno Heller, who is also its executive producer. The show follows former “psychic” Patrick Jane (Simon Baker), who is a consultant to the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), using the highly developed observational skills he previously employed to “read” people’s minds.

On May 10, 2014, CBS renewed[3][4] the series for a 13-episode seventh season which premiered on November 30, 2014 and later announced it as the final season.[5]”

angie March 5, 2015 at 11:06 pm

My family is Very Excited!!!

Karen Rossmo March 6, 2015 at 12:16 pm

What is this comment all about. I thought that the Mentalist is finished now Angie says’s it’s been renewed… SO … is it over … OR … Has it been renewed again … Hope it is still going to o on .. It was one of my favorite shows … Maybe someone in the KNOW of these shows can respond with the ACCURATE ANSWER … thanks

admin March 6, 2015 at 12:31 pm

The show has ended. This is an old article.

Katrina March 2, 2015 at 10:12 pm

Maria, I know what you mean. Unfortunately dollars play a big roll with television shows. With the ending as it was I don’t know that a continuation would be any good. Of course the ending could have all been a dream as it was with Dallas back in 1978.
Another thought about the episode you missed, how about Netflix?
Check out this site http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/ .
It offers one week free watching online. I waited a few seconds and screen changed showing exclusively Mentalist pictures etc. It also offered me the ability to watch last episode and I have it running right now. Good Luck.

Karen Rossmo March 2, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Hi Katrina

With the website you listed will it allow me to watch the final two hour episode later this week as I can’t watch it for the next two nights. I was hoping I could be able to tape it on my VCR (as this is all I have to record) can you give me more information on this site. You may e mail me. kareninkelowna@yahoo.ca thanks for your help Katrina… Any idea when re-runs will start?

Katrina March 2, 2015 at 11:33 pm

I don’t know for how long the “Free” watch is being offered. But I just went into the website again for you and it’s still there. Play time is 83 minutes and 20 seconds. They are running without commercials. If you’ve watched the first hour you can move the show forward with your cursor and you won’t need to watch for 83 minutes and 20 seconds.

Karen Rossmo March 3, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Thank you very much Katrina … I will try and get to watch it today. I appreciate all you have done

Karen Rossmo March 2, 2015 at 11:03 am

I accidentally missed taping the final hour of the Mentalist on February 18th … Can someone please tell me if I can still pick up the final hour somewhere. Or how can I pick up the final two hours together, I am so bummed I never noticed that it was a two hour episode on Febryary 18. I thought at first that the Finale was on in May …

I am sorry to see it end .. I have watched it from the start. Maybe another network will pick it up .. Like A&E picking up another of CBS program of UNFORGETTABLE . Who else feels this way?

admin March 2, 2015 at 11:51 am

go to cbs.com

Katrina March 2, 2015 at 4:28 pm

The Final Episode of The Mentalist was entitled,” Brown Shag Carpet; White Orchids.” Unfortunately in checking TV schedule I don’t see this episode replaying in the next two weeks. If you have Comcast it’s also very possible that you can watch online. Otherwise you might want to notify CBS.

Maria February 20, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Oh dear me! I only watch very few T.V. series because most of them are really not good. And The Mentalist is one of the very few of my favourite to watch. It’s so heart breaking to hear that they’ve decided to cancel it. I wish they will re-consider about their decision.. :(