The Mentalist: CBS Show Renewed for Seventh (Final?) Season

Mentalist season 7The show was in danger of being cancelled but CBS has decided to renew The Mentalist for a seventh season.

On The Mentalist, the Red John mystery is over and the very observant Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) continues to help solve other cases in Texas. Also starring in the show are Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Emily Swallow, and Rockmond Dunbar.

There’s no word on the episode order for season seven as yet but it will likely be for 13 installments, which will wrap up the series.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Mentalist is coming back for a seventh season? Do you think this should be the end?

Sorabh November 29, 2014 at 9:48 am

It Should be continue. It is my favorite TV serial.

Deb November 4, 2014 at 8:17 am

Update on The Mentalist anyone?

admin November 4, 2014 at 8:25 am

No date yet from CBS. I’ll post about it when a date is announced. You can also keep an eye on this page: http://wp.me/pcisc-7Il

Katrina November 4, 2014 at 3:57 pm

When it was confirmed by CBS that they would be renewing “The Mentalist” for one Final season, I read the Final Season would begin in January 2015.

admin November 4, 2014 at 5:32 pm

It was announced today that it begins 11/30 http://wp.me/pcisc-900

Lisa October 30, 2014 at 2:28 pm

Yes, i am glad that it has been renewed .I wish I new what tI’m and day it is on.

Anonymous October 29, 2014 at 12:42 am

No I don’t think it should end but I do however think it should return too something more like its original format!! I have watched this series since day 1 but was however dissappointed with last years format.

Beverly October 28, 2014 at 12:31 pm

I would like it to continue, it is the one show unlike any other! I am sick of all these reality shows!!

Sophie October 22, 2014 at 5:51 pm

I am so happy that The Mentalist is back for a seventh season, and hopefully more seasons to enjoy Patrick James. The red John is over, but they can introduce more stories. Simon Baker, is brilliant in his role. I must say that I don’t like Emily Swallow role, they could write her out.

wendy greig October 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I am soooo happy to hear there will be a last series of the Mentalist. nothing on TV
compares to it. it is and always will be my very favourite all time greats.

I felt all the characters were brilliant and felt like I knew them all as I have watched it from the beginning. I look forward with bated breath for the last series.