The Mentalist: CBS Show Renewed for Seventh (Final?) Season

Mentalist season 7The show was in danger of being cancelled but CBS has decided to renew The Mentalist for a seventh season.

On The Mentalist, the Red John mystery is over and the very observant Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) continues to help solve other cases in Texas. Also starring in the show are Robin Tunney, Tim Kang, Owain Yeoman, Amanda Righetti, Emily Swallow, and Rockmond Dunbar.

There’s no word on the episode order for season seven as yet but it will likely be for 13 installments, which will wrap up the series.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that The Mentalist is coming back for a seventh season? Do you think this should be the end?

Charlene August 25, 2014 at 12:03 pm

The Mentalist is a wonderful show it has been my favorite show for many years. I would really hate to see the Mentalist over. I hope it continues for many more years to come

Heidi August 17, 2014 at 2:44 am

Allowing a 7th season was such a smart move for the network. There’s a new energy to the show that has brought an infectious curiosity back to the viewers. Not that the prior seasons were anything but brilliant! It makes you think, and leavs you wanting more. There are new cast members that complement the existing cast so well. Though I for one would love rigsby and van pelt back in some way, even if it’s just a few time per season. There are so many shows on now that just aren’t worth watching. Perhaps instead of the of the network contenplating this being the final season, maybe they could adjust the time slot and get some new advertising going on the shows behalf…. Just a thought! It’s a show worth keeping CBS !

John August 15, 2014 at 12:06 am

Yes, I watch that show religiously . I’m glad it will be coming back, I wish it would run even longer. Simon Baker is a great actor in this series he makes it work.

Sonshine August 11, 2014 at 1:14 am

I’m glad it is returning. I hope it continues for many more seasons.

sharon August 5, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I love Mentalist and I am delighted it is renewed! I hope CBS Will reconsidef and continue the show. It is clean and family viewable! it is sad that all the Sci fi shows or inappropriate shows are on TV but Mentalist doesn’t get renewed. so sad its ratings are not better! come on folks! speak up

Neila August 4, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Yes, very happy the Mentalist will be back for a 7th season. I would love more seasons. It is one of the most entertaining, clean, fun, serious TV shows on the air. Keeps us guessing makes it fun and the humor is perfect with the timing. ALL the characters are a perfect mix of personalities! PLEASE keep this coming back, even after the 7th season.

Karen July 21, 2014 at 7:39 pm

So glad it’s back! One of the few shows that doesn’t leave me feeling like I need a shower after watching. Great story lines, great characters, great actors.

Joan July 20, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Love this show but have been missing some episodes because sports have been
running overtime and everything gets pushed back. Have to get up early Monday a.m.
can’t stay up forever!!!!! Would love to see Patrick and Lisben get together.

lvh July 18, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I am in total agreement with all the above. Love “The Mentalist” and the Patrick Jane character . . . all the characters !!! Simon Baker is my secret heartthrob. Seven being a lucky number, it should be quite a season. Hope it’s NOT the last. Hope the powers that be go for another lucky number ELEVEN !!!

Sherry mason July 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm

The mentalust will always be my favorite t v show. The actors are like family. I am so glad it has been renewed for a seventh season! Please let us see his wife and daughter in season seven! I’m sure they would approve of Lisbon and want them to be happy! Long live the mentalist!

steve July 12, 2014 at 4:35 am

Love the show. Glad it has been renewed

abigail July 8, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I’m excited!!!!! Im ready for Patrick and Lisben to be together!!!!!

Lynn June 30, 2014 at 2:00 pm

What are they going to do, now that all the issues are resolved?? If they come up with something new and creative which continues the primary characters as we’ve come to know them, it could be great.

Sue June 29, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I love this show, especially the actors. So glad it’s being renewed.