The Taste: Season Three Renewal for ABC Series

The Taste TV show on ABC: season threeFOX won’t be the only network with a cooking competition next season. ABC has renewed The Taste for a third season.

The Taste is a culinary competition that pits professional and amateur cooks against one another in weekly challenges. The most recent judges/mentors were Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludo Lefebvre, and Marcus Samuelsson. Brian Malarkey, the winning coach from the first season, was replaced by Samuelsson.

The show’s first season averaged a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.51 million viewers. It was renewed for a second season which started airing this past January. The sophomore year drew just a 1.1 demo rating (down 32%) with 3.69 million (down 18%).

Despite this very poor performance, the network has decided to bring The Taste back for a third season. It’s slated to return mid-season, likely as a timeslot placeholder.

What do you think? Do you like The Taste? Are you glad that it’s coming back for a third season, or do you think it should been cancelled instead?

Canceled and renewed TV show

84 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Angela says

Love this show, like how they pick their teams blind. ABC just needs to step up their promotion. Can’t wait . The regular networks are notorious for canceling the wrong shows.

2. Lynn says

I really liked The Taste. Season 3 will give them time to tweak the “down time” scenes which were the most boring.

3. sher says

I really like The Taste. I learn something about cooking every time I watch and I get to pick my favourites too.
    It has good drama . Sometimes I want to zone out from all the horror going on and just watch some thing fun and interesting.
    Please keep The Taste.

4. julswhippet says

Sure, it may be another cooking show, but it’s one that’s NOT on a cable channel so everyone can view it. Also, it’s different and fun. ABC’s only holding onto it to fill space and I’m sure it will be gone sooner then I would like. So, for those of you who don’t like it, turn the channel when it comes on, no one is forcing you to watch it.

5. Anne says

Love The Taste! It is the BEST of all if the cooking shows currently on TV. Please don’t cancel this show!!!!

6. dancinhomer says

I always found it funny that Anthony Bourdain, who is so quick to criticize the food-based shows of others, is involved in the *worst* cooking competition of them all. I’m not a hard sale for food competition shows, but this one is cringeworthy. All the drama with the judges is mind-numbingly self-indulgent. Whoever came up with the recipe for this show needs to stay away from television production.

7. Karen hansen says

Just what we need ANOTHER cooking show! That along with more talent shows, yet Black Box and Betrayal two get cancelled. Both great shows!

8. Kelly says

We LOVE it!!! Our entire family watches it together – it is a great show for any age! We each choose a judge for the season and then each week we have our own competition of who will go home! The final winner gets to choose their favorite restaurant for the family to go eat!!

9. Rich says

I don’t think this is the way ABC will get back on top. If it continues to tank in the ratings then connections won’t help.

10. Robbie says

finally, one of the bubble shows that I like is being renewed! For a while it looked like it would be touch and go with Nigella coming back, after those two turds went after her in court. I’m glad she’s back, and I’m glad that the show is back. I particularly like Anthony Bourdain, and I watch his travel show, which I like. Finally a good decision by the networks.