Touch: Cancelled; No Season Three for FOX Series

Touch canceled, no season threeMaybe Kiefer Sutherland will be available for that 24 movie now. FOX has cancelled Touch after two seasons on the air.

Though Touch’s ratings were on the decline last season, FOX renewed it for another round anyway. They slated it for Friday nights, likely figuring that it would improve on Fringe’s dismal ratings. It didn’t work out that way and Touch has been doing even worse.

The current season of Touch has been averaging just a 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.68 million total viewers. Those are terrible numbers, even for a Friday night show. Kitchen Nightmares, which also runs on that night, has averaged a 1.1 in the demo and 3.13 million.

This Friday’s episode, titled “Leviathan,” will be Touch’s 26th and final installment. Hopefully the producers have included some closure for the die-hard fans.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Touch has been cancelled and won’t get a third season?

samg May 18, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I can’t believe they take off a great show like Touch but garbage like Grim stays on!

Sümmer N. May 17, 2013 at 8:27 pm

I LOVED TOUCH IT WAS MY FAVORITE SHOW HOW DARE YOU CANCEL IT FOX THAT SHOW WAS AMAZING IT LEFT ME ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT (actually the couch) I WAS LEFT HANGING WHEN IT ENDED I LOVED IT SHAME ON YOU FOX! can I get an amen?!?

Frank May 16, 2013 at 6:15 pm

It was a very good show. Different and intriguing, as long as you keep a reality check on the theme. Will miss it ,but where could it go after season 2 ended like it did unless they wrote that episode knowing it was cancelled?

Martha May 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I am so sorry to hear that they have cancelled this show. I guess people no longer care for intelligent writing and spiritual meaning… I would definitely watch if they brought it back

heidi owens May 15, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I could not believe they are canceling this show.it always keep me on my toes.and tears in my eyes.you take this off why you keep stupid show on.please bring it back.you bought back family guy.you need bring touch back too.

Murray May 15, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Sorry to hear that Touch is being cancelled. Husband and I watched every show. We were sure hoping for a 3rd season:((((

Zack S. May 14, 2013 at 11:10 pm

Ok so i watched the season finale and it is a GREAT show and I wish that more people watched it but I think that they had showed the destruction of the Aster corp to early they should have waited for 3rd season but it doesn’t sound like Touch was gonna get a 3rd season no matter what.
But I do not really see how this show could go on now with Aster corp taken down and Amelia not having her powers but I guess thats why it needed a 3rd season so we can see right. I do think this show should atleast get a well deserved six part miniseries to atleast finish the story or get a 3rd season id rather it go for #rd season onto 4th season.
But if they did give it a 3rd season I was hoping that Lukas Haas character Calvin Norburg would comeback.

Nadia May 14, 2013 at 2:36 pm

NOooooooo !! please do not cancel this show ! that’s one of my favorite show ! so well written,smart,spiritual,meaningful ! Please FOX change your mind !OUR WORLD NEEDS THIS KIND OF SHOWS !!!!!!! PLEASE !

Nadia May 14, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Please do not cancel this show ! that’s one of the most intelligent show ! so well written,smart,spiritual,meaningful ! Please FOX change your mind ! Our world needs this kind of shows ! Please….

jeanfree May 14, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I guess we should have seen this coming, but it’s sad news anyway! I had a difficult time getting in touch with Touch — I can’t record missed episodes, and the scheduling hopscotch made it really challenging to keep up with things, but I figured I had finally gotten a handle on it … loved the brain games … and now it is no more! Rats!! R.I.P Touch!

Sylvia May 14, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I can not believe that Touch is being cancelled. I love this show. My daughter got me hooked on it. With all the garbage that I see on TV, and they cancel a good show with depth! I just don’t understand it. I believe that it’s time for me to look into a new network to watch.

Tony May 14, 2013 at 1:03 pm

If they made season 1 more like season 2 I feel that they would have had much better ratings. This season is more interesting.

Michael May 14, 2013 at 8:18 am

Yet another great show bites the dust. Makes me wonder with all the garbage I see on TV just what these executives do to earn their money? Touch was our FAVORITE show.
Also makes me wonder just how accurate your rating services are!!!!!

Michael

share May 14, 2013 at 7:37 am

OMG- I’m stunned. What an incredible show- writing, acting…seriously, they couldn’t have put it in a better time slot to save? Hands down one of the most cleverly written ones out there. SUCH a shame, and a disgraceful move for the network. FOX risks alienating followers because now that this show is done, FOX shows are coming off of my DVR. And I imagine there are many others out there like me. Why get hooked on a show only to have it senselessly cancelled in the future.

buffy May 14, 2013 at 1:10 am

I loved Touch. I started watching it because of Kiefer, who’s an amazing actor and after falling him on 24 whcih I loved this was a great show to follow his long career. I loved the storyline and was crushed to find out it isn’t coming back for a third season.

Brittney May 13, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Seriously? Fox will run animated cartoon drivel for years on end, but you get an intelligent, engaging show like Touch and you can’t make it to the end of the story. Shame on you Fox!