Round One: What Top TV Show Should Be Cancelled?

Popular TV showsHas your favorite TV show been cancelled? Has it been pit up against a big successful show on another network and been decimated in the ratings? If so, well this is your chance for a little revenge.

If you were given god-like powers over all things TV, which show would you cancel and immediately take off the air, never to be seen again? Which one has been on too long or just needs to go?

Is it a reality show juggernaut like American Idol, The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, and Survivor or long-running scripted fare like Grey’s Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and CSI?

Which show would you love to see cancelled?

• Vampire Diaries (5%)
  • Two and a Half Men (3%)
  • Survivor (5%)
  • Supernatural (0%)
  • Sunday Night Football (1%)
  • Smallville (2%)
  • The Simpsons (2%)
  • Private Practice (1%)
  • The Office (2%)
  • NCIS: Los Angeles (0%)
  • NCIS (0%)
  • Modern Family (1%)
  • The Mentalist (0%)
  • Lost (1%)
  • Law & Order: SVU (0%)
  • Law & Order (1%)
  • How I Met Your Mother (0%)
  • House (1%)
  • Heroes (7%)
  • Grey's Anatomy (3%)
  • The Good Wife (1%)
  • Glee (2%)
  • Family Guy (2%)
  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1%)
  • Desperate Housewives (2%)
  • Dancing with the Stars (3%)
  • CSI: NY (1%)
  • CSI: Miami (5%)
  • CSI (1%)
  • Criminal Minds (0%)
  • Cougar Town (1%)
  • The Cleveland Show (2%)
  • Brothers & Sisters (1%)
  • The Biggest Loser (2%)
  • The Big Bang Theory (0%)
  • The Bachelor/Bachelorette (14%)
  • America's Got Talent (2%)
  • American Idol (16%)
  • American Dad (1%)
  • The Amazing Race (2%)
  • 60 Minutes (1%)
  • 30 Rock (3%)
  • 24 (2%)

Total Votes: 1,105

Loading ... Loading ...

Well, here’s your chance to have your say.

You may vote only once. We’re doing this “smackdown” style though so you’ll also be able to vote in the next round.

At the end of the week, we’ll take the top “winners” and pit them against one another. Then, in round three, we’ll take the top two shows and they can duke it out for the title of “Most Hated, Popular Show on Television.”

Which show’s popularity don’t you get and just plain drives you crazy?

Vote and then comment below. Tell the world why your choice deserves to win. Who knows? You could help sway some network executive’s opinion!

UPDATE: This round has been closed. Head on over to round two

DeliverUsFrom Peter January 15, 2014 at 5:49 am

X-Facter. Simon Cowell is an insufferable, smug, no-talent douchebag.

Autumn May 12, 2012 at 9:26 am

Anything but Grey’s Anatomy, Sure they’ve made some changes and it takes a while of getting used to but it’s still an amazing show I love it I have since the beginning and if it gets cancelled I’d be so upset…

nikster May 9, 2010 at 8:10 pm

GREY’S Anatomy needs to be cancelled! The show has ridded itself of all of its truly
interesting characters. Dr. Shepherd and Meredith’s dynamics are so boring now. We finally got through her neurosis (sp) and the rest of the characters without Izzy, OMalley, and yes the infamous Dr Burke/Washington, Grey’s Anatomy is now DULL Anatomy. I am now officially a fan of 30 Rock which aires at the same time. It’s sad b/c I actually was hooked on the show from its name and inception. I have the actual doctor’s reference book, GREYS ANATOMY and watched the show faithfully until Izzy left. Poor choices on the producers. Now, I love 30 Rock and now get to laugh along with NBC!

Ms Holly April 27, 2010 at 9:25 am

Please end every “reality” show out there!!! Especially Idol. I have never watched it and will never watch it. I have much better things to do with my time than waste it watching a bunch of idots singing and being snarked by “commentators”.

Sneezewhiz August 10, 2010 at 5:05 am

I agree completely.

MLong March 3, 2010 at 2:22 pm

All reality tv sucks,and yes csi miami does as well, bring back the “unit”!

jim February 27, 2010 at 12:55 am

American Idol suffers with the “unfunny” Ellen. If she wants to be successful on Idol she should remain silent and leave the critiques to the pros. It seems she tries to make up for her lack of knowledge by making snide remarks to other cast members of the show as well as the contestants…bad ….bad….bad!

Anonymous February 22, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Don’t know why Lost is on the list since it IS in its final season. A six-year plan.

Lisa Marie February 17, 2010 at 1:18 pm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CRIMINAL MINDS!!! Love your comment Billie! It’s episodes change a lot instead of the same old stories and even if some people don’t agree you have to admit it changes the creepy and thrill level up at times. (lol) And is actually educational. I love the quotes at the end of the show, I never even heard the expression, “Unsub ” before and seriously I love the interaction between the characters and the characters themselves. Morgan and “Baby Girl” (Garcia) I love their interactions with each other, it shows that 2 people can be close, watch out for each other, care for each other, have a special relationship and say I love you while just being friends. It’s like being family the whole group of them and no matter how bad things get or horrible, painful things they have to face they do it together. (SPOILER ALERT) Remember when Hotch was stabbed over and over and over again but the attacker made sure not to hit any vital organs to torture him, (my insides hurt and I cringed watching that and I’m not squeamish.) then later lost his wife by the same murderer who came back on later ? When Spenser was held captive by Tobias the multiple personality crazy guy who kept him drugged up and tortured into submission leaving him with an addiction problem and a life time of scars? When Gideon, Hotch and the team tracked down a serial killer (or should I spell it, cereal) who was also a cannibal and they had volunteers out looking for a missing woman and Gideon brought a Priest in at the request of the suspect, really creepy suspect, to interrogate and when the Priest asked him where the missing lady was he told him, “She’s in all of us” and the team flash’s back to the volunteer site and see him handing out bowls of stew to them? But the shows vary off and cover many different topics so my point is, it’s worth keeping on, it’s a great show!

Billie February 15, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I am not happy about the cancellation of Three Rivers, or Trauma, but Mercy can die a quick death. It is stupid. Don’t you ever dare touch Criminal Minds, The Mentalist or Survivor! I’ll never watch you again! You geeks!

bobby February 1, 2010 at 11:09 pm

why is lost on there, it’s finishing up anyways, silly.

Juliet January 24, 2010 at 7:01 am

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HEROES r the best!!!! y 7%? whats dat mean plz dont do it

Ryan January 23, 2010 at 12:22 am

Would someone please tell me why they continue to make CSI? Rarely do the plots of any episode not turn into a contrivance of a previous plot, and the actors phone it in more and more in each episode. Here’s a factoid CBS and all its very OLD audience seem to be missing: stoicism and pathos do not acting make. If you want to make the show watchable, switch it up a bit, do a season long mystery, send one of the characters off to another city for six episodes (NOT MIAMI OR NY) and do a mini-mystery, eventually requiring the involvement of everyone leading up to the shocking reveal that Grissom is actually part sturgeon! Get it…GIL Grissom ;) In the mean time, cut down all of these show orders to 16 episodes so we can skip all the REALLY STINKY episodes and just keep the good ones (anyone notice Grey’s and Weeds were both at their best when they had limited episodes and could skip weeks at a time freely if they did not ADVANCE THE STORY LINE OF THE CHARACTERS)! Fill in the gaps this creates with recurring 6-8 episode miniseries featuring big name stars and actually interesting plot points. It could be folks trying to promote their off season cable shows or actors about to lose their comfy cult hit gigs (Anyone else notice how many LOST stars seem more thasn happy to do guest gigs for one episode, imagine if they thought it could lead to a real job!?!?!?) If these miniseries do well, let them expand a little or have minisequels, but always remember, absence and short supply make the heart grow fonder and the advertisers see dollar signs. I might have continued to watch Flashforward if I didn’t think it would take me six years to figure out why they crashed on the f—ing island…I mean, why the reptile aliens look like us…wait, which ABC show thats is trying waaaay too hard was I talking about?

Melhen88 March 10, 2010 at 7:00 pm

We maybe old but at least we know what show is which. I guess our memory is better than yours which is why you can’t seem confused.

Candace January 22, 2010 at 8:52 pm

There are alot of shows that I really liked and they got the axe, seems to me that they keep lots of shows that don’t even interest me. But, I pray and pray that ” Criminal Minds” never gets cancelled!!! Love it! Stay strong, Hotch!

MLong March 3, 2010 at 2:24 pm

Where down here!

Anonymous January 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm

CSI Miami. All of the CSIs have long since jumped the shark, but CSI Miami has never been good. It’s as if the writers just shit on the page every week and call it good television. There are lots of shows on that list that I would love to see cancelled, but Miami takes the shit-tastic cake.