Unforgettable: CBS May “Un-Cancel” the Poppy Montgomery Series

cancelled Unforgettable may returnIt looks like Unforgettable may not be forgotten after all. Word is that CBS is in talks to bring the cancelled series back to the airwaves. According to Deadline, the network is discussing the possibility of bringing Unforgettable back for a 13 episode second season for next summer.

Starring Poppy Montgomery and Dylan Walsh, CBS cancelled Unforgettable in May after one season of 22 episodes. By the end of the freshman season, Unforgettable had averaged a 2.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.3 million total viewers.

It was the highest-rated CBS drama to be cancelled for the 2011-12 season and, had it been on any other network, Unforgettable would have likely have been renewed. At the recent advertiser upfronts, CBS entertainment president noted that it wasn’t “what went wrong with Unforgettable but what went right with the new pilots.”

Following the network cancellation, CBS TV Studios and Sony Pictures began shopping the drama to other channels — including TNT and Lifetime — but apparently didn’t find any takers.

What do you think? Would you like to see Unforgettable return for a second season? Do you think its rating would be better in the summer months?

Canceled and renewed TV show

43 Comments on "Unforgettable: CBS May “Un-Cancel” the Poppy Montgomery Series"

Notify of

Rob
Rob
January 8, 2013 9:34 pm

Unforgettable is a great show and brings in more ratings and should replace the folling shows: I get that alot, Undercover Boss,and Person of Interest…

Nikki
Nikki
December 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Its amazing how when good shows come on that people like they get cancelled for something new leaving the watcher hanging with no end. This show was really enjoyable as well as entertaining. I hope you find a slot for it. Its a show worth investing some time in. I have a spot all saved for it on my DVR. Listen to the public who wants it back. Just please no more reality shows!

mike neveu
November 20, 2012 2:50 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCELL THIS SHOWN.B.C.! THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!

Shirley Wilson
Shirley Wilson
October 12, 2012 10:21 am

I can’t believe CBS cancelled Unforgettable. Its different and good. You all just don’t know what to keep or cancel. Poppy Montgomery is geat in her role. Its just as good as some of the other shows like Person of Interest, Law & Order SVU and I love SVU. I wondered why I hadn’t seen it on lately. This is crazy. I hope CBS comes to their senses and bring it back and before next summer please.

Paulette Butler
Paulette Butler
October 9, 2012 5:12 pm

please bring it back. It was a good show, I didn’t miss an episode.

Michelle
Michelle
September 24, 2012 8:13 am

Please bring it back. We never missed an episode.

Kay Howey
July 30, 2012 12:44 am

The actors were good & they had goo9d plots better than those dumb comody & dumb reality shows why do the net works keep those stupid reality shows?? Kids are the ones that like them &who are they to judge?? It seems like the whole world runs things around the kids not the adults. The show is good 7 if the networks keep canceling good shows then people won’t watch so much t.v. 7 go to other net woks that pick up the canceled shows.

àngie mull
àngie mull
July 26, 2012 7:45 pm

Please don’t take Saving Hope away from me I love this show its clean, and adventurous I have it set to record every Thursday night

Mark Hormann
Mark Hormann
July 6, 2012 6:13 pm

I loved Unforgettable. Hope it is brought back for season 2!

Jim Orman
Jim Orman
July 3, 2012 1:54 pm

the one thing I cant stand about shows and networks is if your going to cancell a show do a finishing episode that finishes the story this is a good show that atleast deserves a ending show that finishes the story good or bad. the killer is still out there we all need closure.

Patricia Rush
Patricia Rush
June 28, 2012 7:09 am

I fell in love with this show. I’ve always liked Poppy Montgomery & on this show she definitely brought her A game. Please bring it back for a second season.

Porky Jameson
Porky Jameson
June 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Please, please do not cancel. One of the better suspensful shows on. Possibly may become a big summer hit. Please, please do not cancel.

Louise Lucas
Louise Lucas
June 24, 2012 9:37 am

This is a great show and should not be cancelled. At least it should be considered for a summer replacement. This was one of the few series I watched.

Benny
Benny
June 24, 2012 7:57 am

Please save it!!

sue
sue
June 23, 2012 7:10 pm

please make it come back.

1 2 3