Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 — May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.

Series Finale:
Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

1,873 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Lynn Sullivan says

One of the best shows in the last 5 years and the kind of quality I am used to from CBS; i.e. Hawaii Five O, NCIS, NCIS-LA, CSI, Blue Bloods. This is as good as any of them and better than most. Bring it back for crying out loud. You have a winner!

2. SNL says

This is ridicules, what’s wrong with you guys Veges is a hell of a good program all the advertising that was spent on Veges in New Zealand was big and I can tell you that Veges is one of the most talked about programs in New Zealand today.
    This TV program is a family program and it’s also good for our young viewers my daughter who is now 18 years old loves this program. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t of known about it at all. Her friends in high school couldn’t stop talking about Veges and I think its good for all young children to watch this program. It shows them what is right and what is wrong, not only with gambling but violence in a relationship, in a home,etc.
    Because this program is based back in the 50/60’s the young viewers can relate much better, than NCIS. Don’t get me wrong I love NCIS, but the diffence between the two programs. NCIS has more violence and its seems to be the answer to everything. But Veges has violence and its not always the answer.

3. Anonymous says

VEGAS is truly a great show with terrific actors. Why did CBS replace VEGAS with the stupid DA show? What a shame! VEGAS was moved to Fridays just before BLUE BLOODS which was a good idea!
    PLEASE bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jacque says

I hate that CBS is cancelling a good show. We always made sure we watched this show even when they changed it to Friday nights. I think CBS needs to reconsider this decision. It was good change of pace.

5. Mickey M. says

I just found out, reading the Sunday paper, that Vegas was recently cancelled. I predicted it would be a hit and as far as I’m concerned it was! I ‘m disappointed that once again the network cancelled a good show. I even set my clock if I fell asleep, to wake up for Vegas. I usually do not watch network tv shows anymore, but made an exception for Vegas. . The show kept me watching for there was always much action going on all the time and the characters were fascinating. So, please reconsider putting Vegas back on for another year.

6. nlxdan says

I enjoyed the show. Thought the actors were better than the story line. Hope CBS or another network picks it up.

7. Trena says

To the CBS execs: Have you read the comments that people have wrote in concerning Vegas? Its one of the best new shows from the 2012-2013 season. I hope CBS reconsiders their decision. If not, maybe ABC, NBC or maybe USA networks could pick up the show. I’m sure other fans would follow the show wherever it could land.

8. Eric says

“Vegas” was a great show, and a solid example of an ensemble program. I had gotten hooked on all the storylines, not just the Lamb v. Savino angle; but also the entertainment and accounting personnel within the Savoy; how the Tumbleweed is “the next big thing”.

The FBI and Nevada D.A. angles were good too; along with the old fashioned procedural of police work before cell phones and GPS’s.

WHY did CBS cancel this? Their lowest numbers were Just AFTER the switch to Fridays; which was AFTER the basketball tournaments. CBS, you guys are MORONS!!!

9. Diane Thompson Fadgen says

Yes, please bring Vegas back. This show was a great version of the old Vegas, compared to all the versions that take place in newer Vegas. It has a market, trust me. It is better than MANY reality shows.