Wipeout: ABC TV Show Renewed for Season Four

WipeoutIf you like to see people race through obstacle courses of giant balls, mud, and slippery slopes, you’re in luck. ABC has renewed the Wipeout game show for a fourth season.

Series creator and executive producer Matt Kunitz tells THR, “I’m excited that a fourth season will give our team the opportunity to create bigger and funnier ways to wipe out contestants and thrill families across America.”

The next round of episodes will feature a couple of new obstacle courses and components. There will be a new “motivator” for the giant red balls, a new twist for the classic sweeper, and new obstacles called the Lawn Mower and the Sky Scraper Slide.

ABC has ordered 16 installments this time around. Season one was made up of 10 episodes while seasons two and three had 17 and 18 installments respectively.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Wipeout will continue? If so, what do you like about it?

mariah March 4, 2011 at 8:39 am

i got the grils on the ball and she is fell off waht is here name ____________?

Kitty September 6, 2010 at 11:17 am

I’ve only recently heard of the show and saw clips on YouTube but I am already super excited to watch it. When does the next season start?
Kitty,
San Diego, CA

Tammy August 25, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Love the show. It makes me laugh especially when I am having a bad day. Here’s a thought how about putting a episode together for behind the sceen bloopers.

Ben August 19, 2010 at 8:19 pm

of course it would get renewed, what better form of entertainment then watching other people fall and risk serious injury?

Margie Mayne August 17, 2010 at 12:52 pm

I love this show. my grabddaughter and I get comfy with snacks and settle down to watch, Its great ‘clean’ fun. i am very happy that it is coming back for another season.

C.J. August 17, 2010 at 12:39 pm

Actually, there was 11 episodes in Season 1, while Season 2 had 16.

Either way, excited that we’re getting more Wipeout(s)! It’s a really funny and carefree show, and you gotta love the obstacles and host commentary. Good night, and big balls! :D

admin August 17, 2010 at 1:06 pm

@CJ: Not to split hairs but, according to the network episode info, it’s been 10 and 17.

C.J. August 19, 2010 at 11:45 am

You’re right on the 17 part, I forgot to count the Wipeout Bowl episode, which was technically part of Season 2.