Zero Hour

Zero Hour TV showNetwork: ABC
Episodes: 13 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: February 14, 2013 — August 3, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Anthony Edwards, Addison Timlin, Carmen Ejogo, Dylan Baker, Jacinda Barrett, Michael Nyqvist, and Scott Michael Foster.

TV show description:
Hank Galliston (Anthony Edwards) is the publisher of Modern Skeptic Magazine. He’s spent his career following clues, debunking myths and cracking conspiracies. But when his beautiful wife, Laila (Jacinda Barrett), is abducted from her antique clock shop, Hank gets pulled into a more compelling mystery than he could have imagined, one that stretches around the world and back centuries.

Contained in one of his wife’s clocks is a treasure map, and what it leads to could be cataclysmic. It’s up to Hank to decipher the symbols and unlock the secrets of the map. While doing so, he must ensure that the answers don’t fall into the wrong hands — like those of a sinister, mysterious man known only as White Vincent (Michael Nyqvist).

Hank, along with his two young associates — Rachel (Addison Timlin) and Arron (Scott Michael Foster)– and FBI agent Rebecca “Beck” Riley (Carmen Ejogo), embark on a race against the clock to not only find his wife, but to save humanity.

Series Finale:
Episode #13 — Spring
Arriving at the entrance to New Jerusalem, Hank, Beck, Arron and the Shepherds know it’s now or never to find Rachael and stop Melanie “Mother” Lynch’s plan before it’s too late. But when the team unlock the doors, what they find is unimaginable. With faith shaken and time running out, it’s up to Hank and the team to take down Lynch and save the world before it’s too late.
First aired: August 3, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Zero Hour TV series? Are you sorry that the show has been cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

645 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. ed says

stop the madness most scifi show never stay this show was very good like it a lot plus a lot of other ones they had on the scfi channel . but they still keep on making the dum reality show that are not even real they are all acted out to make a better show??? if you think that enteraining. whats the world coming too

2. Mickey says

People are too much into these ridiculous reality shows where they don’t have to do anything but sit there with their eyes open. When a real show comes on, they turn the channel so they don’t have to think. Zero Hour was a show that took you by surprise with every ending. I, too, hope Sci Fi will pick it up. Also Cult, which I was really getting into.

3. Diane says

This is just the type of show we love, I can’t believe it was cancelled. How can you tell if a series will be a hit if you only allow 3 episodes to be seen? I think a lot of the classics from the 50’s and 60’s would never have existed if the networks handled things the same back then. If the episodes have been filmed, surely they can be shown. I like the idea of having short season series that are complete after one season. Then if it is a success as Mesha stated they can do another series same genre with a new twist.
    I would love to see more intelligent shows and less reality TV, but I must be in the minority

4. mesha says

I have seen a few series fail and many people get upset. In South Korea tv shows are mainly one season long. I think in the USA networks only want shows they can see airing for 5+ years. Why not take these “failed” scifi type shows one season long and have a special slot just for that type of show? If the show “fails” they are only failed for a season. The problem is these shows have low ratings because people are seeing a trend. When a show is scifi like they do not want to get sucked in to the plot only to have it canceled less than a season later. By investing in a season than combine TV rating with torrent download rates and Hulu ratings it would give them a better incite to what a viewer wants. It is not that the show is bad or the acting the problem is the trust issue the viewers have investing in to a show like Zero Hour or “V”. I personally do not have cable so I watch my shows on hulu I got tired of the rate hikes and subscribed for $8 a month to hulu. I can watch the shows when it is convenient for me and I am still watching ads so it does produce revenue for the network. I would start by doing full seasons that “wrap” up at the end of season one than look at the ratings a few months in new seasons can be added with different twists and stories that tie in with the first season if need be. If they decide the show is not worth investing in a season 2 they have not let the viewers who did like the show down and gives the show time to develop and produce more revenue.

5. Vicki says

I was totally into this show from the first episode. I’m sick of the networks not giving a show a fair chance and not promoting it even before it starts hardly. Come on Sci Fi Channel this one is perfect for you, just like the other one you let slip through the networks last year Terra Nova.

6. becki says

I just hate series was canceled- i thought it was great. Very interesting, keot me interested. Wish it was still on.

7. Roseann Hoidas says

I am so disgusted you cancelled this show. I really looked forward to it on Thursday’s. feel really bad,
    I liked the actors and the script!!!!!! What a shame!

• Roseann Hoidas says

AND I agree with the other comments. Although I enjoy most of what is on TV, I think Zero Hour was really good and I just don’t understand why it was taken off!

8. Sharon says

How disapointing…really. Well, I guess we’ll get another exciting “who done it” cop drama. Yippee! You wonder why nobody watches tv anymore!

9. Lace says

Give us something to enjoy. Hope Sci Fi picks this up or at least let it finish out this summer. But, OK to get stuck with sssooo many mindless reality and prat-fall comedy shows. Sad.